• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Confessions & Mishaps

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I didn't know this either!! Wow, so many revelations, even after all these years :lol:

UPDATE

I started listening but had to stop and laugh out loud because of a misheard line.
0:12 Ahhhh there exists such a whooooore

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Technically off-topic because it's not from the original game but I still feel silly for not having learned many years earlier that there exists a vocalized version of Rufus's Welcoming Ceremony theme.

Yesss, I've had the right rhythm all these years! Every time I get to that part in the original game I always sing along like it's some kind of sea shanty :lol:

Here's the English lyrics and timing from the original game if you too would like to join the fun:

Rufus---
Rufus Shinra----

We---are---Shinra Company----
The new-----President------

Oh----- Oh-----
Shinra---------

Oh----- Oh oh----
Shinra, Inc.---

Realization----of the new era---
New---President----Ru--fus---

Oh----- Oh-----
Shinra---------

Oh----- Oh oh----
Shinra, Inc.---

Building------the new era-----
Shinra-----forev---er-------

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Well, without meaning it, I once again got out of my game while misclicking (I didn't mean to) except this time, I've another bug. I had finished the Temple of the Ancients, and reloading my game brought me back just in time to beat that boss that gives the Bahamut materia. Now I'm in Gongaga and thought "hey, let's check and equip materia":bug01.PNGbug02.PNG

As you can see, I have TWO Bahamut materias. I have no clue what happened. But here they are.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Holy fcking shit this game is driving me crazy. I AM STUCK AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT FREAKING LADDER IN BONE VILLAGE after loading my game today. Holy fuck I'm MAD. My last save before that is "oh please redo the entirety of that fucking Temple of the Ancients" NO THANK YOU CAN I FCKING ADVANCE ON THAT STORYLINE?

So anyone has a trick to UNSTUCK ME? Seriously wtf I'm so mad this game is so full of glitches.

This is why I'm happy to not be playing the modern re-releases of FFVII. :monster: Way too many glitches.

Are you playing a version where you can extract the savefiles and apply the save editor Black Chocobo on it? If you use that to change the location in your savefile, you might be able to unstuck yourself.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
This is why I'm happy to not be playing the modern re-releases of FFVII. :monster: Way too many glitches.

I still want them to do a proper remaster of FFVII because of that. Go back to the original source rather than the faulty 98 PC port. Use some AI-upscaling+manual touch ups for the backgrounds, maybe redo the music...would be neat. Maybe some day. :sadpanda:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Now I remember I did install the Black Chocobo thingie to verify my romance points (due to yet another glitch I guess). I just have zero clue where it is installed l o l. *goes on search*

Edit: @Shademp freaking THANK YOU I'm unstuck!

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Just realized that one Corneo goon in the remake is based on this NPC model from the original:
1642229590761.png
FF7-Remake-Hoodlums.jpg

Squiike

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I read somewhere that if you fought long enough you could enter the hallway that is endlessly guarded by Shinra guards. The one at the second bombing mission after they jump off the train.
I stacked up on potions and fought for hours. When i finally gave up i had all the limit breaks.

I pronounced Chocobo as cho-cho-bo

FF7 was my first RPG experience. After that i went to FF6, Chrono trigger. From those experiences i was led to belive ALL JRPG's would be awesome. So i bought all i could get my hands on. Wild arms, Lunar, Lunar silver star story, Star Ocean. And later FF8 (Wich dissapointed me) and FF9 (final nail in coffin). After FF9 i sweared i would never play another FF again, but a friend bought me FFX for a birthday gift. I played through most of it. Spoony's reviews sums up exactly how i felt about those.

I had an FF7 ringtone on my Nokia, that i typed in thanks to internet guides.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I played like half of 9 before I lost that hard drive and didn’t have backups at the time. I’d liked the gameplay and loved the design elements but I didn’t feel that attached to the characters or the plot, at least by that juncture. I’m guessing this one gets a lot better as the game progresses?

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I liked IX, but I think the plot is one of its weaker points. It started out strong and just limply fizzled out as you got closer to the end.

Also this asshole:
cPRTdqnrB4ZElvg4JMW4IAlrOCM3nq96iGOocxPlhWE.jpg

Last edited:

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
Okay, my confession would be playing FFVII from the time I brought it home the day it was released until 6am the next day. I may have remembered to eat dinner but I couldn’t swear to it. :lol:

Oh…I still have the t-shirt they gave away…unworn.

Mishap…getting a defective disc and nobody being able to tell me that the disc was the problem and not my PS. I finally had to resort to the tried and true method of a hard whack to get it to skip past the defect.

As for FFVIII…I’d have enjoyed playing through Laguna’s story better than the main one. I did have a lot of fun playing Triple Triad though.

Top Bottom