FFVII Monopoly Board Game

RedFFWolf

Donator
Hopefully not the wrong place for this:

Final Fantasy VII Monopoly Board Game - From Merchoid.com

Artwork and other contents are subject to change (the box cover is clearly a temporary thing).
Preorders are being taken now.

Description:
Delve into the evolving city of Midgar in search of the latest business opportunities. Perhaps you’ll buy up a string of plots for housing development for the people, or go industrial and build a Mako reactor plant.

Trade with fellow players to secure key location and facilities and watch as savvy buyers secure a big pay day. A roll of a dice and a shrewd business mind will pave your way to success…Just watch out in case Shin-ra bring your empire crashing down!

Includes gameboard:

• 8 tokens
  • 28 Title Deed cards
  • 16 Chance cards
  • 16 Community Chest cards
  • Money pack
  • 32 houses
  • 12 hotels
  • 2 dice
  • Instructions

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I still want my general Final Fantasy one. Each color group are towns from a different game, the railroads are various transit systems (Serpent Trench, Gargan Roo, Shoopuf, Purge Train?) Shinra Electric are the Utilities, that sort of thing. It gives you a lot more to work with.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If ever there was a reason to buy Monopoly this is it.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
8 tokens. Poor Cait Sith, left in the cold again.

Unless the tokens are Shinra, Rufus, Heidegger, Scarlet, Reeve, Palmer, Domino, and Corneo. That would be AWESOME.

...but no one ever makes things that awesome.

That also gives me an idea for FFVII Clue, in the Shinra HQ, with daddy Shinra murdered but by which executive and which iconic FFVII weapon? Or should I put that in the "dubious ideas" thread?

Edit: Replace Corneo with Hojo fgj

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
So... a little update on this. I pre-ordered this thing back when it was first announced. This morning, I received a refund of my $49.99 from Merchoid, and the page for the item no longer exists on their website. So I'm thinking it's been canned.

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Not surprisingly, they had licensing issues:

Hi Nikki

Thank you for your recent Final Fantasy VII Monopoly order with us. I am writing to you to give you an update on this product.

When your order was placed the product was awaiting final approval from the licensor. Unfortunately, there have been several problems in the licensing process which have delayed the production of Final Fantasy VII Monopoly for an indefinite period.

As we can't guarantee when this product will be released we have decided to refund all customer orders. I understand that you are excited about this product and I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

When the product does receive a firm release date, we will e-mail our newsletter and you can order the product again.

How your refund will be processed

Paypal:
Your refund will be processed in the next 48 hours. Your refund will go back into the PayPal account that you used to purchase from us.

The money will either go directly to your bank account or to your PayPal account for you to manually select a bank account to withdraw to. Please check your PayPal account for more information.

Card:
Your refund will be processed in the next 48 hours. Your refund will go back to the bank account you used to purchase from us. Refunds are usually processed overnight but can take up to 7 business days, depending on your bank. Your refund may appear in one of several ways:

- The original charge, made in June, may simply disappear
- The refund will appear as a new transaction
- The refund will appear as a line next to the original charge

Kind regards
Merchoid.com

RedFFWolf

Donator
Thanks for the heads up. Just checked my email and I got the same.

Can't deny, it's nice to suddenly have a slightly more fortified back account, so I'm not really upset it's been cancelled for now - it was easier pre-ordering back then when I had more funds :lol:

AvecAloes

Donator
It's really nice of them to supply you with both a refund and an explanation in a timely manner, at least.

We just need to make a really janky bootleg version for ourselves, is the moral of the story.

Ite

AKA
Ite
It's really nice of them to supply you with both a refund and an explanation in a timely manner, at least.

We just need to make a really janky bootleg version for ourselves, is the moral of the story.

Surely one of us has a 3D printer.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i would have thought licensing would have been the first thing you sorted out, though (unless they had and square just decided to take it back later)

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
I'm almost tempted to say do a Shinra-only version. You can buy up places like the Gongaga reactor, the Junon military base, the Shinra mansion, the Shinra Building gym/conference room/executive floor bathroom. And all the tokens would be Shinra personnel, of course.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Holy crap, this gave me an idea to make a Final Fantasy Tactics board game. That would be amazinggg

Top Bottom