• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII: OST of my life

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Have you ever felt that a particular song of FFVII's soundtrack fits perfectly with a moment/situation in your life? Or do you have the habit to listen to a certain track while doing a particular activity?

For example, I was driving on the highway when The Highwind Takes to the Skies started to play and it was a great feeling :lol: Another example is when I have to study and I'm falling asleep... listening to Those Who Fight Further usually helps!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I have, on occasion, listened to Those who Fight Further while hanging laundry. I dont think it makes me any quicker though :lol:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Tifa's theme was played at my brother's wedding. He and my sis-in-law chose many tracks for when the guests would be waiting, and among them were several tracks for every member of their families. My big bro chose Tifa's theme expecially for me because he knows how much I love that game.

So yeah, I nearly cried when it started playing. Only the risk of ruining my carefully and slowly applied eyeliner and ending up with panda eyes prevented me from bawling like an idiot, lol!

Not sure if this answers the question, though XD

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Near enough any time I'm walking around the city at night, Underneath the Rotting Pizza plays in my head.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I like to play Buried in Snow when the weather is really cold usually early in the morning or when it snows :monster:

I play You can Hear the Cry of the Planet when I'm struggling to sleep, there's something really soothing about that song.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
I tend to play Bombing mission when I am out for a run, makes me feel like I am in the Reactor and have 10 minutes to escape. :wacky:

I play You can Hear the Cry of the Planet when I'm struggling to sleep, there's something really soothing about that song.

For me it's Aerith's Theme for when I sleep with music on, then again I play the entire OST from VII, VIII, IX, X, XII and XIII when I'm sleeping :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Suprise Tifa backstory! On the Other Side of the Mountain

I guess I like it because it's usually so rarely referenced but hits pretty hard.
"This is the day...the day mom died."

Guitar and Piano versions in spoilers:

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
I tend to play Bombing mission when I am out for a run, makes me feel like I am in the Reactor and have 10 minutes to escape. :wacky:

Try it with "Hurry!" too! :P

No, the truth is I believe that any activity can be epic if Bombing Mission is playing in the background :lol:

The Monk said:
On the Other Side of the Mountain

I guess I like it because it's usually so rarely referenced but hits pretty hard.

Actually, I didn't start to really appreciate that song until recently. I try to play it on guitar sometimes!

But hey, you didn't say, is it that this song has a special meaning for you or you just listen to it very often...?

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
Well technically not FFVII, but The Promised Land has a calming, saddening effect on me. I listen to it when I feel sulky or overwhelmed.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I find 'Anxious Heart' and 'On That Day, 5 Years Ago' tend to blend into most situations in a way that makes them feel naturally part of the environment better than others. I've had some insightful self-reflection with the latter especially.
'Infiltrating ShinRa Tower' has a similar natural blend-in, perhaps because it's not over-imposing into the game scenery, but I haven't utilised it into my environment as much.

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Well technically not FFVII, but The Promised Land has a calming, saddening effect on me. I listen to it when I feel sulky or overwhelmed.

Have you listened to this cover by HypochondriacPiano? I believe it's really beautiful:

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
^Nice indeed. The intro sounds like the save room theme in

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Another "not exactly FFVII itself" post, but "Safe And Sound" from Advent Children Complete helped me through a particularly difficult part of my life a few years ago.

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Another "not exactly FFVII itself" post, but "Safe And Sound" from Advent Children Complete helped me through a particularly difficult part of my life a few years ago.

Anything from the Compilation is fine for me :)

And now that you mention that song... I'm curious about the lyrics because I've seen at least two versions and I don't know which is the correct one :lol: Can anyone help me?

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
^So...? I don't understand part of the lyrics and I've searched and there were two versions :/

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Well, not directly related to the thread, but I've been thinking for a while to arrange some of the ost for guitar. Shouldn't be nothing too hard, but I haven't been able to start the project while studying. Would there be interest for this kind of thing? Which songs would you like to hear? Ps. I'm definitely doing J-E-N-O-V-A!

Wolfhart

embraces her dreams
AKA
Monik XIII
Well, not directly related to the thread, but I've been thinking for a while to arrange some of the ost for guitar. Shouldn't be nothing too hard, but I haven't been able to start the project while studying. Would there be interest for this kind of thing? Which songs would you like to hear? Ps. I'm definitely doing J-E-N-O-V-A!

The truth is I would like to hear any song but I'll say... On That Day Five Years Ago!

Thank you! I didn't know they were in this site ^^; should have searched better...

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
Well, I wake up to Advent:One Winged Angel in the morning. Benjamin thinks it's hilarious, because I'm pretty creeped out by Sephiroth, and thus often awake with a start. Which is actually why I chose that song. I haven't overslept since then:D.

I am also quite in love with The Promised Land.

Final Fantasy VII music is always playing in my car, and like you said Monik, it helps me feel like I'm doing something epic all the time.

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
P.S. That smiley was NOT supposed to be there. I guess it's a smiley photobomb? Postbomb?

Gaël

Rookie Adventurer
Well, I wake up to Advent:One Winged Angel in the morning. Benjamin thinks it's hilarious, because I'm pretty creeped out by Sephiroth, and thus often awake with a start. Which is actually why I chose that song. I haven't overslept since then:D./QUOTE]
Ha, you just gave me a flashback to my high school days, where I decided playing Kingdom Hearts II from beginning to end in one sitting would be a good idea. Six cans of Mountain Dew, a pack of Poptarts, and 30 hours later, beat the game and turned around, only to see Sephiroth standing behind me.

Back on topic... Crazy Motorcycle Chase is a surprisingly fitting tune for both highway and city driving. Love it for those otherwise boring long car trips.

Advent: One Winged Angel:
For those moments of great physical exertion. When I reach the end of a cardio session, it's great to have AC's One Winged Angel playing at the same time, in particular the section when Cloud unleashes his Omnislash Ver 5/6. AC's version of Those Who Fight is also great for exercise.

Top Bottom