FFVII PSP/PS3

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Very Weird.

I was really hoping for the remake like the millions of us.

From what I understood some of the dialogue in the game has been recreated, to fit the timeline with Genesis and such. I don't know if this is true or not, I was completely stunned when I saw the PS3/PSP announcement.

Any opinions on this at all? (PS3/PSP)

I have the Discs still and just beat it again....

Where did you get the impression that the dialogue has been changed?

If it has, I want to know every single effin' detail that has been changed!!!

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Where did you get the impression that the dialogue has been changed?

If it has, I want to know every single effin' detail that has been changed!!!

I was reading it on some Japanese website under the front page links.

I don't remember, but yeah I don't think anything will change, maybe. But the only reason I believe it might have is because I have FFT: Lion Wars...

Names got Changed around too much,

Story Changed a Bit.

And I pray the System doesn't get laggy when using spells :p

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Did they at least improve the compatibility of the game?
Last time I played it on PS3, it had severe lags during summons such as Knights of the Round.

It would be a stupid move for Square not to release it overseas. Ever since AC the demand for the game has increased. Now with ACC it would be a good time to re-release the english version; otherwise they will have to wait a long time until the Compilation interest peaks.
Not that I know the economics of selling games on PSN. Maybe they don't lose anything no matter when it appears for sale. In that case they should release it immediately.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Did they at least improve the compatibility of the game?
Last time I played it on PS3, it had severe lags during summons such as Knights of the Round.

Yes,

Compared with the Disc's it's memory bound (meaning no disc) so, no lag at all, actually the graphic's appear to be much clearer. No choppy scenes. And the Sounds aren't distorted to the point of cracking on your stereos (PS3 users)

So in my opinion....

Very Nice.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Did they update the resolution and background graphics? I remember FF7 not looking too good when upscaled to high resolutions on my pc.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Did they update the resolution and background graphics? I remember FF7 not looking too good when upscaled to high resolutions on my pc.

PS3 with the disc will upgrade the clarity (set smoothing to "off") and you'll notice, but with SD televisions and etc you'll notice some lines once in awhile (which smoothing, smooths out) but after playing without it on so long, I never notice. But they have cleaned up quite a bit in the game. Trust me you'll notice.

Hehe.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Resolution in the background graphics, landscape, etc is highly better, Character graphics remain the same.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
Pics or it didn't happen.

If I had a cam, or could take Screenshots with my PS3, but trust me. The graphic's aren't repainted or anything, mind you the PS3 Enhances the Graphics.

Not sure if anyone else with the Discs can say the same.

Last edited:

Purple

Charmed
I think the release of this game on the PSN is the final nail on the remake's coffin.

Anyway, I really really hope this gets released in English. I lost my discs ages ago.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
I think the release of this game on the PSN is the final nail on the remake's coffin.

Anyway, I really really hope this gets released in English. I lost my discs ages ago.

I agree with the nail + coffin.

I believe it will be released in English, but it's got to go to the translator's if anything new is indeed added.

If not, then it's a straight port, but I figure they will fixed the Aeris misspelled name with many other of things, but that's just me guessing, not officially saying anything.

Kuraudo

Ex-Soldier
AKA
Cloudsoul
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/archive/psga_ff7inter/

Square's site doesn't mention anything about any changes, which you'd think they would if they had added Compilation stuff.

They never said anything Final Fantasy Tactic's having name changes or anything else.

>.>

Even Lunar:SSS had different names etc. For spells. Costume changes. But you're probably right, nothing changed. But I hope to High Tuna Heaven nothing changes XD

Also Quote from the translation (google) in the Link you gave me:

"FINAL FANTASY VII, International, and appeared to GEMUAKAIBUSU finally!
With the new movie version of international events, the enemy character.
Root and display icons, such as enhancement of MATERIAMENYU, the system was adjusted to give balance to the story NOMERI.
The scene was impressive, and the number of new scenes, and are waiting to meet you."

Think Materiamenyu is Materia Menu. I know the translation for this stuff isn't always on spot, this is what pops up :P

Last edited:
With "nail in the coffin" I assume you mean that a remake won't happen.
I don't see why a remake is out of the question just because the original is now on sale.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Exactly.

Re-releasing games like FF1, 2, 3, or 4 multiple times hasn't stopped them from remaking them once more either.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
They never said anything Final Fantasy Tactic's having name changes or anything else.

>.>

Even Lunar:SSS had different names etc. For spells. Costume changes. But you're probably right, nothing changed. But I hope to High Tuna Heaven nothing changes XD

Also Quote from the translation (google) in the Link you gave me:
On the Game Archives? I didn't know those games were on it. I can't seem to find anything about them.

Top Bottom