• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 1 Spoiler Discussion

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
In my non-expert opinion, the lines are 100% gibberish and sound like they were put together from samples. They might have even been sampling the original vocals in fact.

Still puzzled as to why they'd change it. Honestly, the way it is now it sounds more like a demo track. Like they put in a few gibberish vocal samples from a sample library as placeholder before they record the actual lines except the opposite happened here, lol
That and the mistiming of the fanfare and the logo coming in kind of bother me. Seems like such a pointless change. :huh:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
To add to the mystery, a reddit user pointed out that the PC version of FFVIIR uses the PS4 opening again. Similar to @Tetsujin, they also speculated that Square accidently used a development version of the music track on PS5.

PS4:

PS5:

PC:

My personal favorite is the one uploaded to the official PlayStation youtube channel, which doesn't include text:

Last edited:

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
To add to the mystery, a reddit user pointed out that the PC version of FFVIIR uses the PS4 opening again. Similar to @Tetsujin, they also speculated that Square accidently used a development version on PS5.

PS4:

PS5:

PC:

My personal favorite is the one uploaded to the official PlayStation youtube channel, which doesn't include text:

Yeah I noticed this. The PS5 seems a bit muffled in the Music. not as crisp. It also times slightly differently, especially noticeable with the logo

Top Bottom