SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 14 Spoiler Discussion

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I'm keeping a log of my thoughts after each chapter. Here's Chapter 14!
  • When Aerith said to Cloud "You can't fall in love with me. Even if you think you have... it's not real." And Cloud responds "Don't I get a say in all this?" Wow, I almost fainted. I'm still mulling over Aerith's words. Does she think their feelings aren't genuine due to Zack's influence on Cloud's persona? The way I've always interpreted Aerith's feelings for Cloud is that she was initially interested in him because of his likeness to Zack, but in time she saw him as his own person. Vulnerable and shy. Aerith fell for that. She wanted to meet the real Cloud. So Aerith warning Cloud to keep emotional distance is surprising to me
  • This chapter took me over 6 hours to complete. I was up late into the night, completely engaged by the dumb sidequests. Lost track of how many retires it took just to beat Jules at pull-ups
  • Revisiting the sewers and refighting Abzu wasn't the best, but at least Leslie is cool and endearing
  • Still can't believe that The Kids Are Alright is the most referenced piece of post-OG media in the remake. I love it. I literally wouldn't want it any other way

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I got Tifa's scene, I wasn't even aware there were alternative ones! I wonder what I have to do to get Barret's?

The majority of the enemies in this chapter weren't difficult, including the mission quest bosses. It was those bloody Sahagins who almost got me. I didn't even realise they were hitting that hard.

Also made an extra save file for this chapter so that I can always go back if the next couple of chapters kick my ass.

billy22

Pro Adventurer
I'm wondering what choices specifically determines which of the three optional scenes you get (Barret, Tifa, Aerith). Since apparently you can get Barret's by simply ignoring all side quests and refusing flower & drink, the other choices may not matter. The choices I'm talking about-

-No promises vs Not happening with Jessie's "will you come over later" prompt. In the OG, there is a dialogue choice with her where you can lose points with Tifa.
-When asked about Tifa by Chocobo Sam, how you describe her
-When asked by inn guy if you want to spend the night with Aerith
-Describing Aerith's outfit
-Tasting mystery drink offered by Johnny
-Going to Aerith or Tifa first in Sewers. In the OG, whoever you talked to first gained affection points while the other lost points.

I think it will be interesting to see how the gameplay mechanic works for it this time. If there is a hidden point system, is there a default choice? How is it designed this time? Etc. But again, if you can get Barret's that easily I'm not sure any of these choices matter...

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I'm wondering what choices specifically determines which of the three optional scenes you get (Barret, Tifa, Aerith). Since apparently you can get Barret's by simply ignoring all side quests and refusing flower & drink, the other choices may not matter. The choices I'm talking about-

-No promises vs Not happening with Jessie's "will you come over later" prompt. In the OG, there is a dialogue choice with her where you can lose points with Tifa.
-When asked about Tifa by Chocobo Sam, how you describe her
-When asked by inn guy if you want to spend the night with Aerith
-Describing Aerith's outfit
-Tasting mystery drink offered by Johnny
-Going to Aerith or Tifa first in Sewers. In the OG, whoever you talked to first gained affection points while the other lost points.

I think it will be interesting to see how the gameplay mechanic works for it this time. If there is a hidden point system, is there a default choice? How is it designed this time? Etc. But again, if you can get Barret's that easily I'm not sure any of these choices matter...
This is what RPG Site says on the matter so far: https://www.rpgsite.net/feature/964...he-bomb-timer-every-resolution-scene-and-more

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
okay, this doesn't pertain to this chapter specifically, but I just gotta say something.

Here I was thinking that Jessie's inevitable demise would be the thing stressing me out at work while I can't play the game, but no, Wedge's unexpected survival is . I'm terrified right now that he's just gonna die anyway later, completely defeating the point of keeping him alive. On the other hand, I know whatever ending this game has is unprecedented enough to have caused a panic, with people wondering if the remake series is going to go in a totally different direction. Is wedge going g to fucking join the party or something? I know that can't possibly be the main thing people are freaking out about if so, but that'd be wild.

Four more chapterssssss

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
This chapter was a nice final cooldown chapter before the main plot goes into overdrive.

Cloud's heart being softened to wanting to help others, along with Tifa and Barret was such a nice touch. It showcased their own unique progression and change over the game. These quests were interesting and enjoyable; not too difficult or tedious. And the moment shared between Cloud and Tifa was also very endearing. They really know how to pull on the heartstrings here.

And God. I already loved Leslie from "The Kids Are Alright" but seeing him here helping the trio get to the top plate was just. That whole quest was wonderful. I am so glad they decided to include the novel characters in this. I'm also am really glad he found his fiance, since that would've been so depressing to know that his fiance was essentially Bluebeard'd by Corneo. :monster:

God, I am so fucking glad the Turks break Corneo's legs. Fuck that pig-shit.

Kyrie's grandmother Mireille is one of my favorites. She was a treat and getting to see her and know she interacted with Cloud and the others before her passing was really cool. Kyrie herself is a little brat but that's to be expected, since she's far from going straight here :monster:

This game has done a fantastic job getting me attached to these unique NPCs. I am glad they took the time to expand them all like this. Wall-Market trio were especially amusing too. I wonder if Choco Sam is gonna be revealed to be related to Choco Bill and the others?

Oh, and the Deepground Type 0 Behemoth was fucking amazing. That fight was epic. That was definitely an optional boss that was worth the challenge. Combat's gotten progressively more difficult and it just demands one keep aware and leveling up the weapons in order to remain able to hang with these ever growing threats. I love it.

Now, with all sidequests done, trophy earned, all limit breaks obtained, all Colosseum matches cleared, and all squat/pull-up minigame items won (that minigame was incredible), it's time to soldier on with the plot.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
The pull-ups mini game is so much harder than the squats one was, geez.

Like, one mistake and Jules is suddenly 10 points ahead.

aaaaa beautiful bro's pull ups cut to the bone!

I think my issue is I keep slipping back into the faster rhythm too early in round two

I FUCKING TIED HIM BUT THAT COUNTS AS A LOSS I GUESS?

my rm is killing me

i kinda want to give up but its but its been over an hour and i dont want to have wasted all that time

I can;t do it, I'm getting too tired :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom