SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I DID IT, I DID IT AAAHHHHHHH :aah:

5 attempts to kill the Motorball, 2 attempts to kill Sephiroth... 68.. almost 69 hours in total, and 111 pages that I'm physically and mentally unprepared to read, so I most probably won't hahahaha.

Basically, my playing experience of everything beyond the portal is that Chapter 18 is a DLC no one asked for :mon: The game factually ends with Barret saying something about the destiny and walking into the light. But you can't unlock the credits roll until you finish this DLC, which is absolutely mandatory because the devs had way too much fun creating it.

So the three remnants were manageble but mostly annoying, but Sephiroth... Hoo boy. First and formost, the amount of queer coding that he radiates exceeds all limits, so I'm not at all surprised that Sefikura fans have been fed well. I thought I came prepared, but it turned out completely the opposite as I had thoroughly equipped Tifa expecting her to appear second, but she ended up appearing the last and therefore being useless! So Cloud was joined by Aerith followed by Barret. I thought it depended on how much time you'd spent fighting with them, but there might be another explanation... When I finished all the unfinished business in the Drum, I took the second elevator a few times in order to view unique dialogue lines of the character that stayed behind with Red. So I ended up with Cloud, Aerith, and Barret, and this party remained until the very moment they had to fight separately. Or was it just a coincidence? I don't know anymore :P

The funniest thing is that Cloud happened to unleash his limit break on Sephiroth saying "Nothing personal!" We do know that everything about Sephiroth is super personal for Cloud, so I had to LOL at that coincidence.

Couldn't help sobbing during the final cutscene -- again! How many more times do I have to watch it to become immune? All of them pulling themselves together before the journey into the unknown, it looks and feels so powerful and so FFVII. Mr. Gongaga is still messing with us, and Hollow is still heartbreakingly sad and beautiful.

Beautiful.

BEAUTIFUL.

THE ENTIRE GAME IS SO UNBELIEVABLY BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T EVEN

Now that I've unlocked the chapter selection, I'm just sitting and staring at the menu like Buridan's donkey and can't decide where to go next. Thank you TLS for following my one-year-late journey through the game. The experience wouldn't have been the same without you all.

:orgy:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The funniest thing is that Cloud happened to unleash his limit break on Sephiroth saying "Nothing personal!" We do know that everything about Sephiroth is super personal for Cloud, so I had to LOL at that coincidence.

Funny, Cloud only says "Let's dance, asshole!" Whenever he does Ascension, especially against Sephiroth.

I've only heard him say "Nothing personal" in the Combat Simulator against non-boss types and then in Top Secrets.

Clearly my Cloud is more aggressive.

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
This might seem weird to you, but I'm still not entirely sold on the Midgar explosion being directly related to the Whispers fading away.
Explosion -> Whispers keep floating around -> Golden stuff appears -> Whispers fade.
Could these two events be independent of each other?
Yet still I can't imagine what was the cause of such a big explosion.

Rewatching REBIRTH's trailer reminded me of this, with all that debris near the entrance to Midgar.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
This might seem weird to you, but I'm still not entirely sold on the Midgar explosion being directly related to the Whispers fading away.

Could these two events be independent of each other?
Yet still I can't imagine what was the cause of such a big explosion.

Rewatching REBIRTH's trailer reminded me of this, with all that debris near the entrance to Midgar.

I thought the explosion was from zirconiade being destroyed, and maybe the devs changed when that happens, for the Remake timeline. In Before Crisis, shiny flakes fell, just like in Remake

Top Bottom