• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 2 Spoiler Discussion

grooveorganic

Lv. 25 Adventurer
It still makes me wonder where the story will go with Sephiroth and Cloud. Since Sephiroth literally mocks Cloud with his mothers last words, which makes me really doubt he will go for the entire "You're just a clone created 5 years ago" shtick again

Yeah, I've been wondering about this too. I joke often that Sephiroth was on the other side of the whisper portal watching the party and he saw how receptive Cloud was to Aerith pleading for help. So now he's like "...Wait, that actually works?! I have to be nice and desperate...?"

I think he's certainly realized his, "You're a fake and a wannabe and a puppet." backstory won't work this time. That's why he's trying to flirt and lure Cloud to his side now. He probably thinks he said please when he said together. Lol!

Last edited:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Au contraire, I feel that we have
2 parallels Sephiroths who will play differently with him:

- the one in the Northern Crater who will tell him he's a puppet created 5 years ago; the new modified memories of Tifa as a kid point to that. Why bother making new memories if it's not to use against him in Northern Crater, and get debunked in the Lifestream scene? Those new scenes can be very well used by Cloud "but Tifa, at this moment, I recall you called me?" and Tifa be like "uh what?" and plant more doubt. Cloud will use those memories to try to prove that he's real, but those are modified so they can only further that he's not real.

- the one from chapter 18 who will push him to join him; I am not sure when his best bet is for this though? Northern Crater, the other Sephiroth is there, he won't show up. After, his mind is broken, he's basically useless until the Lifestream scene. I always thought he'd appear as the great bad guy at the very end, after we defeat the Sephiroth from our timeline. Does he need all the events of the OG to go on? Maybe he will try to interfere in some way in the Lifesteram scene. What I can tell is that he doesn't like Tifa, so I'm always wondering - does he need her to help Cloud in the Lifestream, or not?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Even if we do lift them for the board at large, I think the Chapter threads should keep them for anyone playing through the chapters. Otherwise what would the point even be of having the Chapter threads?
Well, they're an artifact from the time they were needed, and consolidating them would be more trouble than it's worth even if we agreed that spoiler tagging was no longer needed.

Which raises the question: how long is it needed? Seems like one year from release used to be our modus operandi? But that's a discussion for another thread ... :monster:

Top Bottom