• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 6 Spoiler Discussion

After you've completed everything else in this dungeon, when you go back to the main elevator to continue on to Biggs, don't get in that elevator. Keep running forward and get in a different one. It will transport you over to a ladder which you climb to the fan control room, where there is a console, an HP/MP recovery bench, and a vending machine. You have to hold a lever on the console. It lets you run into a room where you have, I think, a minute to defeat the monsters. I didn't need the whole time. Then you fiddle with another console and go into the fan area and get the materia.

This is a good place for grinding as the monsters in the first room will respawn over and over every time you hold down the lever.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Short actiony chapter, not much to say really. A surprising amount of the original NPCs made the trip to the remake. AVALANCHE is not very good at being in disguise.

I will say that I do not care for the cutaways to Heidegger et al. They just make everyone look bad, from AVALANCHE, to Heidi, to his subordinates. His character design is good, but everything else just makes everyone look bad. AVALANCHE, for being so easy to track. Heidi, for not flattening them when he has the chance. It doesn't even make sense from an evil dictator viewpoint to not value your own men, it takes fifteen years or so to grow a soldier, machines can be run off an assembly line. For Scarlet, this attitude makes sense, because engineering is her department.

Sending your staff officers to go fight in person is just dumb.

Apparently one member of the team was released from custody... Barret? Biggs? Someone else?

Also, how come a prototype is an antique, don't those mean different things?

Even less plotty, it's just about turning off the suns and so almost literally leaving a giant glowing sign pointing to your location (or the lack thereof). I nearly died against the turrets at the end, but solved this by bravely running away and sitting on a bench to reflect on my failures.

And next we hit the reactor, where it all goes to hell. I do like that we had these two chapters of buildup, but they could've done more with em too.

Shinra is a shambles, Clem. The only thing that keeps them going is their money. Heidegger isn't interested in growing soldiers; whenever they need more cannon fodder they can grab some from the slums. In the OG, I received the strong impression that Shinra was this all-powerful monolith that Avalanche would beat again in vain, like a moth against a stainless steel door - but in this game you can see that the pizza is truly rotting. Even Sector 8 is a little shabby. The President's all-consuming obsession with the promised land and his total disregard for life are causing the company to decay from within. He, Heidegger, Scarlet - they're all wasteful, wasteful people. Shinra looks shiny on the outside, but inside it really is rotten to the core. It's easy to see why they have failed to eliminate Avalanche.

Heidegger and President Shinra are letting them live in order to stage a spectacle which will rally public support behind re-opening hostilities with Wutai. President Shinra was always very concerned with public opinion, you will remember.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Short actiony chapter, not much to say really. A surprising amount of the original NPCs made the trip to the remake. AVALANCHE is not very good at being in disguise.

I will say that I do not care for the cutaways to Heidegger et al. They just make everyone look bad, from AVALANCHE, to Heidi, to his subordinates. His character design is good, but everything else just makes everyone look bad. AVALANCHE, for being so easy to track. Heidi, for not flattening them when he has the chance. It doesn't even make sense from an evil dictator viewpoint to not value your own men, it takes fifteen years or so to grow a soldier, machines can be run off an assembly line. For Scarlet, this attitude makes sense, because engineering is her department.

Sending your staff officers to go fight in person is just dumb.

Apparently one member of the team was released from custody... Barret? Biggs? Someone else?

Also, how come a prototype is an antique, don't those mean different things?

Even less plotty, it's just about turning off the suns and so almost literally leaving a giant glowing sign pointing to your location (or the lack thereof). I nearly died against the turrets at the end, but solved this by bravely running away and sitting on a bench to reflect on my failures.

And next we hit the reactor, where it all goes to hell. I do like that we had these two chapters of buildup, but they could've done more with em too.
The member of the team that got "released" was Barret.
There was a bit of discussion in the English-Japanese translation differences/issues on those aspects of Chapter 5, apparently the dialogue in Japanese was more like "captured", but very loosely.
I was also confused by whether the "prototype" vs. "antique" and testing words as well, I wasn't sure if they were referring to the Crab Warden or the Airbuster? I wonder if it was more clear in Japanese?
https://thelifestream.net/forums/th...english-and-japanese.22488/page-2#post-852634

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
I initially didn't notice how smoothly Chapter 5 turned into Chapter 6 and thought it was just one long ass chapter LOL. I used to skip it when watching play throughs, but was pleasantly surprised how engaging and search-provoking this chapter really was. Had to panic here and there that I hadn't explored the area completely, but luckily the path was forked enough to keep it interesting and linear enough to help the player not to worry too much.

I had an unsuccessful first attempt at the countdown fight and thought I had failed it for good, but was able to reset it, to my relief. I just love the way they found a wind materia (i.e. Choco & Mog) in a fan, and then there's a chocobo track playing at the vending machine :D

The difficulty keeps increasing. Died a couple of times due to carelessness and had to reconsider who does what in my party.

Oh, by the way, now that PS5 is out, has the bird's eye view of the slums significantly improved?

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Definitely better than the PS4 version, but if you look close enough, it can still look pretty squishy. A lot of people harp about something in Chapter 15, but the slums in particular were the biggest eyesore in the game for me, even on the PS5 version.

waw

Pro Adventurer
Throughout these tunnels is the graffiti for Stamp. What about the green dragon with the tongue/fire sticking out of it? Do we know what that dragon is or if it has any sort of significance?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think it's just graffiti. It's part of a bunch of graffiti that's used throughout the Remake itself.

Reactions: waw
Top Bottom