• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake at Jump Festa 2020 (No new Trailer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
So they’ll either surprise us in an hour and a half, or we’ll get some footage we’ve seen before. I’m cool either way.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Except that we've neither seen nor heard anything about Red XIII. He's one of the playable characters of FFVII. Are they just removing him from the remake entirely? Are they pushing him to Part 2? Are they making him a guest for Part 1? You'd think they'd at least say something about him so we know. But they've been acting like he doesn't even exist.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
It very well might be that he is in the next part. Or they are keeping it under wraps. They also aren't showing Cloud in a dress but we know it happens.

SE has bought a lot of good will with me with what they have shown so far. I'm willing to wait for the game itself to see him, if it comes to that.

Jairus

I'm aware of that, but it's just that they've shown every other playable character from this part of the game except him. You'd think they'd want to assure us that they aren't doing to him in the remake what they did to him in the Compilation. And if he's being saved for Part 2, fine, but they should say so. That way people won't play Part 1 and get irritated when he never shows up, not realizing beforehand that he was pushed back. And the difference between him and other characters Theo mentioned is that he was a playable character. So if he is as playable as the others in Part 1, he should be getting everything they have - hires screens, profile renders, wallpapers, avatars, etc. Yet there's been no word at all.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
He’s a playable character who’s likely going to appear at the end of the game. Also considering the fact that even Cloud is getting touch ups in even the most recent trailers, there are probably still finishing touches going on with Red XIII, since he could be harder to animated/render than the other characters.

Jairus

Possibly, but they could also move him forward so he has more time in the game. And it would be nice to see them spend more time on characters other than the big four for a while, just as a change of pace.

albert graham

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Knowing SE's style throughout the years, I wouldn't surprise to see them not revealing Red XIII leading up to the release to keep up the hype.
Keeping silent on Red XIII and letting players discover by surprise he is in part 1 afterall is just the way they like to operate imo. Just like way back then I was shocked to find out I had finished playing the original on PS1 without unlocking Yuffie and Vincent lol. No sweat, just hit the reset button and play the whole game from start to finish again.

Lex

Administrator
I've edited the thread title, we don't want people getting the wrong idea.

Re: the Red XIII discussion, I think it's very unlikely he's been cut entirely. I originally envisioned a scenario where they pulled him forward in the story somehow (maybe he escapes and ends up roaming the slums) but based on how they're marketing my best guess is to say he's going to be a short term playable character for the last leg of the game, or he's just going to be a guest character for that period.

Jairus

Could they still spring a surprise trailer on us by the end of Jump Festa even though there's nothing listed in the stage schedule?

Jairus

I'm just wondering why they reshowed an old one when they went to the trouble of announcing a trailer for JF in the first place and getting people's hopes and expectations up. They had to know how people would react and what they would expect from an announcement like that.

Jairus

Well they still were sure to have known what even listing it would do to people and the effect it would have on them.

Jairus

Well it was more reshown old footage than new, Tets. And there were no reveals in it. Hardly the same thing. What I wonder is, if Red were a human character, would he still have been treated as he's been?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yes. They didn’t showcase FuSoYa when they did the FF4 Remake, and he comes in around the same time Red should appear (if his intro is still the same).

This is getting as grating as the Genesis subject. Red will be in it, he will be fully playable, and it will be awesome. Square doesn’t owe him a reveal trailer, he’s in the game.

Jairus

But then, he'd be the only playable character in Part 1 without any of the images, etc. that the others have. And how do you know he's in the game, Ite? They haven't said a word about him at all, nothing to at least confirm that he hasn't been pushed back to Part 2. They know how he was treated in the Compilation, and I'm sure they know how people feel about that. So why would they hide him and make people worry that he's being treated that way again in the remake when they know about those concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom