FFVII REMAKE COMING TO PS4 ON MARCH 3 2020

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE COMING TO PLAYSTATION®4 SYSTEM ON MARCH 3
New Key Art Featuring the Infamous Sephiroth also Unveiled Ahead of E3
LOS ANGELES (June 9, 2019) – At the FINAL FANTASY VII: A Symphonic Reunion orchestra concert in Los Angeles, SQUARE ENIX® unveiled that the highly anticipated FINAL FANTASY VII® REMAKE will debut first on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system on March 3rd, 2020.

Watch the brand-new FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE trailer here:

Rebuilding and expanding upon the legendary RPG for today, FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE tells the story of a world fallen under the control of the Shinra Electric Power Company, a shadowy corporation controlling the planet's very life force as mako energy. In the sprawling city of Midgar, an anti-Shinra organization calling themselves Avalanche have stepped up their resistance. Cloud Strife, a former member of Shinra's elite SOLDIER unit now turned mercenary, lends his aid to the group, unaware of the epic adventures that await him.

Alongside the release date, SQUARE ENIX also unveiled a new key art featuring the game’s infamous villain Sephiroth, set against a burning Midgar skyline.

bpb6GAy.jpg
Stay tuned for more information during SQUARE ENIX LIVE E3 2019 on Monday, June 10th at 6:00pm Pacific / 9:00pm Eastern. To watch the livestream, visit: sqex.link/e3

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE is not yet rated. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.orgfor more information about ratings.

About FINAL FANTASY
Since the release of FINAL FANTASY in 1987, this unique RPG series continues to showcase spectacular visuals, highly imaginative worlds, and rich stories that lead the industry and earn the highest accolades from users around the world. Titles in the series have so far achieved a cumulative shipment of over 144 million units worldwide.

About Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix, Inc. develops, publishes, distributes and licenses SQUARE ENIX®, EIDOS® and TAITO® branded entertainment content throughout the Americas as part of the Square Enix group of companies. Square Enix, Inc. is affiliated with a global network of leading development studios such as Crystal Dynamics® and Eidos Montréal™. The Square Enix group of companies boasts a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: FINAL FANTASY®, which has sold over 144 million units worldwide; DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 78 million units worldwide; TOMB RAIDER®, which has sold over 74 million units worldwide; and the legendary SPACE INVADERS®. Square Enix, Inc. is a U.S.-based, wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

More information on Square Enix, Inc. can be found at https://square-enix-games.com.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
He's wearing the flower on his suspenders :3

A lot to like, a lot to dislike. Seriously, that scene is not the time to introduce ghosts and shit. I sincerely hope that doesn't make it to the final cut.

Other first impressions of the trailer:
- I prefer the japanese voices.
- Heidegger looks great. Shinra also looks great - what we can see of him.
- Cross-Slash seems jittery, like it's lagging whenever he hits. The combat overall seems a little less intense than the last trailer.
- Same half-baked music from the last trailer.

I can't get over that Aeris is haunted by the Great Gazoo thing. It's horrible. Most of all because it makes her needlessly helpless and damsel-like whenever they want, and very cheaply. Urrrrrrggghh.

donkeyjack

Pro Adventurer
He's wearing the flower on his suspenders :3

A lot to like, a lot to dislike. Seriously, that scene is not the time to introduce ghosts and shit. I sincerely hope that doesn't make it to the final cut.

Other first impressions of the trailer:
- I prefer the japanese voices.
- Heidegger looks great. Shinra also looks great - what we can see of him.
- Cross-Slash seems jittery, like it's lagging whenever he hits. The combat overall seems a little less intense than the last trailer.
- Same half-baked music from the last trailer.

I can't get over that Aeris is haunted by the Great Gazoo thing. It's horrible. Most of all because it makes her needlessly helpless and damsel-like whenever they want, and very cheaply. Urrrrrrggghh.

Well it is going to make it in the final cut. I do agree about how I dislike that scene. Why the fuck is she saying this dumb shit?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Well the issue with the Planet taking out its rage on her or whatever means that she’s NEVER safe. Like, that’s her character now — always haunted, always at the edge of being attacked. No thank you.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
In the full resolution of the key art you can more clearly see the swirling mist spirits around Sephiroth. There are four of them.

Maybe they're the fragments of Jenova (Birth, Life, Death, and Synthesis) that Sephiroth is controlling. Reminds me a lot of the Black Mist that Kadaj used in Advent Children.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I mean she asks for help when the Turks come after her later...she wasn't a constant hardened badass or anything.
Yeah, it could also be related to her initial hesitation of accepting her Cetra heritage/powers potentially being expanded upon. Like if touching Cloud activated her Cetra powers in a way that hadn't before. Anyways it's a two-word sound-bite, personally not enough information for me to judge whether Aerith is getting "damseled" more in the Remake or not.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, it could also be related to her initial hesitation of accepting her Cetra heritage/powers potentially being expanded upon. Like if touching Cloud activated her Cetra powers in a way that hadn't before. Anyways it's a two-word sound-bite, personally not enough information for me to judge whether Aerith is getting "damseled" more in the Remake or not.
That's a good point. I'd be interested in more about what it's like being a Cetra if it's done well.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I've seen it theorized on reddit that the black swirly ghosts are the souls of the people who have just died in the reactor explosion. She might be getting overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people she's sensing all at once here, and is freaking out a bit. Doesn't explain why Cloud can also see them though, maybe because he's touching her...?

Top Bottom