• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Siliconera has learnt that Square Enix are developing a Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 4.

The Final Fantasy VII remake will use a more modern art style for Cloud, similar to his appearance in Dissidia Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. It is being created to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy VII.

(And no, this isn’t the Final Fantasy VII port for PlayStation 4 that was previously announced by Square.)

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/1...-coming-to-playstation-4/#i07LpSeRWLimUWL3.99

THIS GIF IS ALWAYYYYYYYS RELEVENT:

481409iLmAyOFGnAGWH.gif

Last edited:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah, no.

They just putting out the port. Highly doubt a remake is going to be in the pipeline so soon after.

A junior member on Gaf just posted this:

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing. They started production a few months ago and it will be announced this week for a 2017 release.

The Last Guardian is coming back too, Sony PR guys are giving appointments to the press and they plan to release it during the holiday season since Uncharted 4 is delayed until 2016.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I don't believe it even a little bit. With FFXV probably coming out soon, there's no way they would already be abandoning it as a possible franchise to milk like FFXIII before falling back on FFVII.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Updated this one for ya...

Had to hide it behind spoiler tags because it has spoilers from FFX and FF9

delusions_update.png

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Given how amazing the Dissdia arcade Midgar model looks... I'd love if they used it for something more (like uh hello, S-E? hi-res renders for wallpaper?).

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
I love it when a rumor is like "No this time it's real guys trust me I got info on the inside" because it happens pretty much every other time someone gossips about it. It makes me laugh even harder when it's just a port.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, no. I'll believe it when I see an official trailer. Until then I'm calling bullshit.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lol, the rumor that keeps on giving.

If they ever did do a remake, what would video game rumor sites do with themselves every E3?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I obviously don't believe this rumour either, but as I've said before, it would pretty much be the Best Thing Ever for TLS, in terms of news material and website traffic, if it were to happen. A part of me wants it to happen for that reason alone.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Heh, our server struggles when all of us are on. I can only imagine what would happen under the crush of traffic from a VII remake rumor.

it would certainly be fun time. For awhile anyway, we'd get a few days of honeymoon, then the internet would flip the switch back to maximum cynicism and we'd have 400 op-eds about how VII's overrated and how much everything will suck and how they can't do the Wall Market scene and blah blah blah.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Well you know SE, always something.

Want FFV and VI remade? smartphone exclusive with crappy sprites.

FFIII and IV remade? DS exclusive with horrible chibis and voice acting.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I can just see it now. It'll be the troll that keeps on trolling. E3 2035 rolls around. Us bitter fanboys and fangals will be in our 50s and 60s. The new owner of Square-Enix Tanaka Sakaguchi, the spry young grandson of Hironobu who attained CEO status at the unprecedented age of 17 when his hit game Final Fantasy Swipe Screen Get Nostalgia broke 250 million Subscribers and thanks to the mobile rate hike of 2023 amounted to an extra 4.5 billion yen in revenue.

He takes the stage the signs of a long life in a short time everpresent on his hollow eyes and fashionably unkempt hair. He begins his anticipated speech with the following sentence.

"Fans of ours have been preparing for this moment for almost as long as we have." With a nod to the hologram projector a single image appears on the screen bearing the logo we all know and love. Final Fantasy VII.

There is a thundrous applause and Sakaguchi absorbs their joy. Seeing it crushed is the only thing that gives him pleasure anymore since his super-heroin addiction.

"That's right. Final Fantasy VII will be remade after all. Into a pay-to-win mobile game with a highly abridged stort, half the musical score and no significant graphical upgrade."

The applause dies down. Somewhere in the distance we hear a coughing sound. Hironobu-san takes to the stage quite unexpectedly, wheelchair bound and weak.

Sakaguchi the younger seems confused and patrons scan their pprograms; this was clearly not part of the show.

"When i saved Squaresoft from disaster, I did so with luck and innovation. When my team, Nomura-san, Uematsu-san Amano-san and so many others made each game, we wanted to impress our fans and try something new. But somewhere along the way, we forgot what it was to tell a story. We forgot why we began making games in the first place."

"Ojichan, please," Sakaguchi the younger says with only a hint of affection in his voice.

"No more Tanakachan. No more than this. My Final Fantasy is to restore the honor of my franchise. And this is the only way."

Drawing a kodachi from his wheelchair he plunges it swiftly into his grandsons stomach before turning the blade on himself. Security takes to the stage but it is too late. Tanaka has stopped moving and Hironobu has slumped forward.

He turns to his fans aghast at the scene. He points a single loving finger and utters his final words.

"And you."

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
Heh, our server struggles when all of us are on. I can only imagine what would happen under the crush of traffic from a VII remake rumor.

it would certainly be fun time. For awhile anyway, we'd get a few days of honeymoon, then the internet would flip the switch back to maximum cynicism and we'd have 400 op-eds about how VII's overrated and how much everything will suck and how they can't do the Wall Market scene and blah blah blah.

It wouldn't be Final Fantasy VII without the Wall Market scene. :nah:

And, Jason, that got dark , yo.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
It wouldn't be Final Fantasy VII without the Wall Market scene. :nah:

Of course, but people always say that about a remake. And I don't know why. If anything it will be a lot less racey now than it was in 1997.

This rumor is now picked up by gamespot, I see it's gaining traction at about the same rate as it does every year. Building up to the press conference that day, only to die once again. It's like Old Faithful.

lol, but boy, an FF7 and Last Guardian-featured Sony press conference would be nigh unbeatable.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

We'd upgrade our server, use Cloudflare or something for frontpage caching, slap some more ads on there or even sell out completely (with takeovers and shit) to pay for it, get modern software to deal with it all (PHP is really shit performance-wise, comparatively) and a stack that can horizontally and dynamically scale based on load, etc.

TL;DR, there is no such a thing as too many visitors, :awesome:.

Top Bottom