• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Man, now you guys gotta mention the possibility of a special edition VII PS4...and now I gotta save money and get a a job that pays well enough........

I missed out on the 10th anniversary VII PSP, I don't wanna miss out this time around. >:u

(...is it sad that I still want the 10th anni PSP and the VII PS3? xD;; )

Last edited:
There absolutely will be. I was thinking about this earlier, they'll probably do a really expensive rare collectors thing and I'm buying it. If they do a VII themed PS4 or Vita, I'm buying them. I'm buying it all. I've already written out a finance spreadsheet to ensure I've got the money put away. I don't care if it's a model of clouds toenail in a cardboard box with the words "kullekturs eddishun" scribbled on it, I am going to own it no matter how much it costs.

Ditto.

I sworn off buying collectors editions of stuff but fuck it. I'll make an exception for this.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I am either going to lose weight and go to the midnight release of this game dressed as a Turk (
10856517_10155454179515235_1585802531349438342_o.jpg
), or I am going to continue to be just as fat and go dressed as Palmer.

Either way, I think we all win a little.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
There absolutely will be. I was thinking about this earlier, they'll probably do a really expensive rare collectors thing and I'm buying it. If they do a VII themed PS4 or Vita, I'm buying them. I'm buying it all. I've already written out a finance spreadsheet to ensure I've got the money put away. I don't care if it's a model of clouds toenail in a cardboard box with the words "kullekturs eddishun" scribbled on it, I am going to own it no matter how much it costs.

Same to this.

I still have my Advent Children PS3, and my Crisis Core PSP, so special edition FFVII remake whatevers are gonna be things that I will absolutely sit around and hunt on sites for if I need to import them (which is extremely likely).

X :neo:

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Fuck I've got to go to study, I'll leave you guys to enjoy the ambient further! Take care, I hope not to miss too much! Ciao

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Well, this is good news. Even if they can't properly adapt the entire game, I'm happy this is happy for just the CG cutscenes and so I can play Cloud again.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
@clowd: Or they could completely fuck it up, but we'll always have the original. :) I'm really approaching this with a "nothing to lose" attitude. I think it's the only chance I have of keeping my sanity.

I should see it that way but I cant stop thinking about the possibilities with next gen tech. I honeslty think it will be open world in some way. Square's recent RPGs Lightning Returns and XV both are more open world then anything they've made in years.

After the first 10 hours in the slimy, claustrophobic linear slums of Midgar we get released on the world map for the first time....Midgar glistens in the sun behind us, faithfully modeled at some gigantic scale, the Shinra tower dominating the skyline and still menacing even at dawn, it slowly shrinks as we move away, north east, and soon we see it, Kalm. At this point its afternoon, and Midgar looks so small on the horizon....

If it takes them another 4 years to do all this I'll wait. Damn it I've waited 17 years since the original I can wait another 4. No reason at all for them to rush this and half ass it. Apparently its already been in production for 18 months, so hopefully it dosnt take longer then 4 years to finish it, putting its release date at Q4 2017. They need to finish up FFXV and Kingdom Hearts III and put all hands on deck with this thing. The sky is the limit with how huge this can be in terms of scale and sales. It all depends on the effort Square Enix puts into it.

And please, please get the voice actors right. I wouldnt mind myself a completely new cast if for nothing else then being a fresh take. But they have to get them right. Dyne and Barret. Thats some academy award winning stuff right there if done right, without altering the original dialogue too much and with good voice acting.

As for the battle system, Im really up for anything, as long as its good. I'll even take XV's hack and slash, as long as its good. Personally I'd prefer an evolved FFXII system, but thats just me.

I still cant believe this is happening.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I just stepped outside to do a bit of shopping (screw sleep, it's just not happening) and I can't stop smiling. I want to go up to people and talk to them about the news... then I remember that most of them have probably never even heard of the game. :closedmonster:

I think I'll just stay on TLS for the next day or two. I like you people.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I can't sleep either :sadpanda: A lot of it just has to do with constantly wanting to refresh this place. I'm going to crash eventually though :sadpanda:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Basically my reaction as well. I'll be superhyped during the SE conference, but I'm not a morning person.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Cheers Shademp. :monster:

And I'll tell ya'll once again I'm glad I worked my night audit tonight (and that it was a quiet night) because I got to be not even tired for the entirety of this celebration). Course give me around 3 hours and I'll be dying, but hey, in the mean time I have my hot chocolate and my computer and I'm killing time between refreshes by reading the TV Tropes page for FF6.

Life is good.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Ah, the glorious timezones. It's midday here. I heard the news fresh just when I woke up. :P Good night, good people, get some rest. I'll go celebrate as you sleep. >D

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Shademp; that... was amazing. In many ways. Honestly, that was just too good.

I was about to go to sleep and then... then, something told me to stay awake. It was the reunion guys.

THE REUNION.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
Just fell in love with you Shademp! I can taste how awestruck you were when hearing the news. It really is unbe-fucking-lievable!!

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Welll.....fuck me with a butternut squash......

At first I was like oh fuck off, I don't give a shit even if it is real but....

that trailer looked amazing. I mean I know it's not gameplay, but that Midgar was like the Midgar I had always imagined.

I just hope it doesn't end up baldy looking and bland like the locations in Crisis Core...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Welll.....fuck me with a butternut squash......

At first I was like oh fuck off, I don't give a shit even if it is real but....

that trailer looked amazing. I mean I know it's not gameplay, but that Midgar was like the Midgar I had always imagined.

I just hope it doesn't end up baldy looking and bland like the locations in Crisis Core...

They're properly selling the different slums and on top the plate at least, I'll give em that.

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
So the video in youtube has well over 1,4 million views in, what, one day? That's 1 million more since I last checked two hours ago. Guys, this is gonna be one hell of a ride!! I was never the guy to get hyped about anything, I never had enough interest to see all the trailers and excitement leading up to the release because of one title (I'm looking at you Duke Nukem Forever :monster:), but this is gonna be so EPIC!! I can't contain myself, I feel like I'm gonna burst open from joy. I even told my girlfriend I secretly love video games!

S and G

FFVII books and stuff
AKA
MJ Gallagher
Obviously we have Flintlock's main page post regarding the monologue, but has anyone done (or in the process of doing) a visual breakdown? If we get there quick with a really in-depth one, we might be able to direct huge traffic by the time SE's conference goes live.

I've started writing one for my own blog but I'd be happy to hand it over to the powers that be here for exclusivity as there are a lot of things the other sites around the interweb seemed not to have picked up on yet.

Here is a draft so far (without images):

(Bird in sky)

The teaser opens with a white bird flying through the clouds. Simple enough, but with a few potential references. Firstly, it’s pretty reminiscent of the doves that seem to be hanging around Edge during Advent Children, which makes sense geographically. More notably, however, is the possible parallel of the bird “returning” to Midgar, just as the flock did in Red XIII’s post-credits scene in the OG. Additionally, this is a clear indication that the creators wish to show Midgar in a different light (literally) as white birds traditionally embody peace and serenity, while nature and daytime is not something we’ve ever come to associate the city with.

(Bird reaches cranes)

The bird “returns” to Midgar at a site on the Plate that appears still to be under construction. According the Crisis Core Ultimania, Sector 4 is the last part of the Plate to be completed. In the OG, you can tell by the landscape that the unfinished highway where Cloud and the others leave Midgar is to the southeast of Shinra HQ, thus somewhere on the border of Sectors 3 and 4. Does the bird then “return” to Midgar at the same location the party leaves? Or have I just looked too much into this one? Read on.

(Train map)

The train map clearly shows the last stop being “South Edge”. There’s an obvious nod to Advent Children. But, perhaps not in the way you might think. In On the Way to a Smile: Case of Shinra, it is revealed that Edge is named so because it was established on the southeast border of Midgar (Sectors 3 and 4), and then extended east as it grew. Therefore, “South Edge” refers to a location on the Plate (or possibly Slums) rather than actually having anything to do with the city that emerged from its ruins (the way that Manhattan is broken up into Lower East Side, Upper West Side, etc). Nonetheless, it is a cool nod, but also adds weight to my point above.

Is anyone interested in this?

A visual breakdown (not just of themes but of the visual style, nods etc) sounds like a great idea. The way I envision such a newspost is that we add input from several authors/commenters, to make the coverage as complete as possible. If this sounds okay then I can start writing up a newspost with the title "Visual Breakdown of FFVII Remake E3 Trailer".

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Is anyone interested in this?
Yes, yes please! I don't speak for the management but I can't imagine why we wouldn't publish such an article. I had actually considered writing something like that but I decided I didn't have the necessary Compilation knowledge.

S&G and I are collaborating now on a 'Visual Breakdown' article. There will be an afternoon break for me (I have to go see a friend and that may take a while) but I will do my darndest to have this article up before midnight (11 hours from now).

Top Bottom