• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
It really is.

I just spent a few minutes reading eight pages. The first two are hilarious and then the remaining six consist of people just losing their shit. Pretty sure one or two of them should qualify for Post of the Year. :awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I had a dream last night about playing a demo of FFVIIR.... Although it was less demo and part being in the game watching it sorta thing but anyway.

I remember trawling through Misgar slums with Cloud and Barret. We came across some sort of weird hovel that was Aeriths home. She had change laying around everywhere and flowers growing out of the floor in every room. Tifa plucked one and Cloud was amazed like he'd never seen a flower before. Leaving the house and trying to find some other alternative around the slum houses, we came across a large door with a lock at the very top. We had a key but Cloud couldn't reach it. Barret ended up lifting him by the waist like a kid to insert it and I remember thinking "I like the continued size discrepancy between Cloud and Barret".

Fishing Materia on the street was in the weird silver box (from AC where Kadaj stole Clouds Materia) and also required a key.

Leaving the slums but not really and just walking on the street, somehow we had acquired Red XIII at this point because then all of a sudden Indigo XIV and.... What was the third one called? The other beasts from the scraped idea came looking for Red. But there was more than just the two.

Barely had time for an oshit moment before I woke up. :monster:

P

pearl02556

Can't give my word on the crazy Shenmue rumours but the FF VII remake is a real thing.

Diamonddark

SEPINHORF LIVES!
AKA
Rich
So, Yoshinori Kitase has stated that "2016 will be a year of preparation" for the FF7R, meaning the 20yr anniversary is likely, and preferred by me personally.

And I wonder what this could mean?;

"I'd like to create a new kind of value for the hardware that is the PlayStation 4 for our next announcement."

Sorry if this has already been reported on.

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
So, Yoshinori Kitase has stated that "2016 will be a year of preparation" for the FF7R, meaning the 20yr anniversary is likely, and preferred by me personally.

And I wonder what this could mean?;

"I'd like to create a new kind of value for the hardware that is the PlayStation 4 for our next announcement."

Sorry if this has already been reported on.

But the question is though... Will it be released Jan. 31st 2017 Worldwide or would it be released on Jan. 31st, Sept. 7th, and Nov. 14th respectfully like it was almost 20 years ago instead?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
They've been getting more on board with world wide releases so that seems more likely, imo.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Taking a step back...

What does this sentence even mean? That's kind of awkwardly worded.

Lex

Administrator
Been wondering that myself tbh. What next announcement? This is either bumping up the PS4 by announcing a new title that's platform exclusive or... something.

RedFFWolf

Donator
But the question is though... Will it be released Jan. 31st 2017 Worldwide or would it be released on Jan. 31st, Sept. 7th, and Nov. 14th respectfully like it was almost 20 years ago instead?

Or July 7, 2017 (7/7/17), 'cause they love alluding to 7 in the game :monster:

As to what "I’d like to create a new kind of value for the hardware that is the PlayStation 4 for our next announcement" means, I was shifting through a couple of different sites to see what others are interpreting it as. But I didn't find much.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/01/05/final-fantasy-vii-remake-year-of-preparations/ - This one suggests not even the power of the PS4 is enough to handle the entirety of the project. That "Square Enix needs to push and advance it further over the next year in order to get development anywhere."

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/final-...er-says-development-still-preparations-500730 - This one sort of suggests it has something to do with the fact they are utilising Unreal Engine this time, which "was a big deal for the company as they normally use their Luminous Engine for their in-house games". Though, it could have just been the structuring of the paragraph that makes it appear as if they are suggesting a connection.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-01/04/scalebound-final-fantasy-delayed - While this doesn't mention the hardware statement much, I do like its optimism in saying "a year of 'setting the tables' might allow the eventual chapters to come out in relatively rapid succession". I have no opinion myself on that matter.

I google searched the quote and used the first 30 results, most of them just spoke about how the first episode won't be released in 2016, not putting much pass on the hardware statement (though some did express a similar confusion).

Maybe the Famitsu article would do better with a retranslation? Or maybe it really is just as Kitase phrased it. I tried looking for some other sources, but the most I got was this: http://gematsu.com/2016/01/japanese-creators-share-2016-ambitions-weekly-famitsu - In the 'find' toolbar, search "value" and you'll hop down to see this: "I want to create new value for the PlayStation 4 hardware for our next debut." It doesn't shine much more light on it, and whether it's a better phrasing or not is up for debate. Additionally, comments from some other sites suggest it might just mean getting the best out of the PS4 (like the first source mentioned, I guess).

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i still don't really know what he's getting at with 'creating value', but the way the japanese is worded sounds more like 'create value together with the ps4 hardware' at their next announcement (・FF7リメイクは、今年はまだまだ準備の年になると思う。次のお披露目ではPS4というハードとともに新たな価値を創造したい). so the ps4 is/will be creating value, and they want to do so alongside them? (something new/unique? morpheus/vr stuff?? idk, what are you saying kitase)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
So I was in my class at college and the term 'enhancement of value' came up and so I thought about how you might apply that business-wise to kitase's statement:

- adding prestige/esteem value to the ps4. Ffvii is still a popular brand, just looking at the reaction from the remake announcement it still has a lot even now. So have the remake on the ps4, at least at first, creates value for the ps4 by associating it with the ffvii brand. But this doesn't really take into account the 'at upcoming announcements/unveilings' part of his statement so why did I type this. That value has already been created

- in which, it would be adding value through new features. But since he said creating value with the ps4, it doesn't sound like that refers to the game proper (which should be getting a multi platform release at some point. So that's either content that is truly exclusive to the ps4, or something to do with extra hardware features (since he specified 'hardware')

- so hardware wise, with the ps4 you have either it's vita connectivity or its vr headset which I think requires the ps4? But for the vita, barring some kind of bonus software bundled with it (cc/bc?) or something, the only thing I can think of is remote play? Which isn't that big a feature you'd make a fuss about it

- which leaves vr. Although that isn't exclusive to the ps4, if they made the remake vr compatible and limited that to the ps4 version, that would create value for the morpheus headset and by extension the ps4? Having ffvii in vr exclusive to the ps4 would add value even when it gets multiplat

Or it was just fluffy marketing speech and why this I think this much about it

Pixel

The Pixie King
Is he talking about giving value and encouragement to buy a ps4? Or creating a new standard with ps4?

Wolf_

Pro Adventurer
That's what I got from it. He's basically saying 'we're making a game that's worth buying a ps4 for'. And to be fair, he's right. I've had a ps4 since it came out yet I spend more time on my PS3 playing ff13 or the older assassins creed games.

hian

Purist
次のお披露目ではPS4というハードとともに新たな価値を創造したい

literally,

"At the next announcement, we want to create [a new point] of value/merit together with the hardware known as PS4.

In Japanese, and in Japanese business 価値を創造する is a catch-phrase and common expression, but also limited and narrow enough to not easily transfer into English, especially using common dictionaries or google translate unless you.
You actually need to know something about Japanese marketing, or be a bit savy in doing research in Japanese on google.

For those who read Japanese, here's an article on its meaning and use :
https://www.shoubaisekkei.co.jp/column/katisouzou.html

Here are several examples of the term in use in marketing speech with English translation :
http://ejje.weblio.jp/sentence/content/%E4%BE%A1%E5%80%A4%E5%89%B5%E9%80%A0

Based on the Japanese, and Japanese marketing speak, he's definitely saying that they're looking to literally "create value" for both the system (PS4) and the game I.E that they're looking to set a new standard drawing people to buy both the game and the system.

It's pure blanket and ambiguous market speech that can be summed up as : Together with Sony, we want to deliver you something that's really going to make people want to buy this game and this system.

The use of the term "hardware" in the sentence has nothing to do with hardware in any broader sense for us to speculate on - it is merely a descriptive term for the PS4 - literally saying that this is the hardware we're going with, and we're going to be pushing the boundaries with it.

If anything, this might actually mean that FF7:R will be console exclusive to PS4 and then later only be released on PC.

Now, whether this game will really be pushing boundaries or not is a separate matter entirely. All this really speaks to is "Hey, we gonna go sumthin' awesome with dis game yo plz be excited yo"

Edit :
One thing this does make me think though, if they're being truthful with all this and not just pumping the hype, is that we really might be looking at some Witcher 3 level + stuff with this remake. All the talk of density, content, creating new value with the platform, splitting it up because it can't fit on one installment added to Nomura's history with FF Versus 13 and his vision for that game is starting to make this project sound like some ridiculous behemoth of a game.
If the next announce ends up featuring game-play footage of a Cloud and co running around in a world with vistas rivaling that of some of the scenes of Advent Children we'll know and personally I'm starting to think that might be what we're getting.

Last edited:

micknutson9

Pro Adventurer
So when's the next update from the Dengeki Online regarding the remake will be released? Any ideas?

Edit: I also forgot to add the other informative sources of this topic from both Gematsu and Famitsu as well.

Last edited:

Highwind

Pro Adventurer
I don't really know where to post it, but I guess this thread is fine.

Ex-GameTrailers writer and now co-founder of Easy Allies, Ben Moore, said while live streaming there might be "substantial news on the FFVII remake" at #UncoveredFFXV. He says he has a credible source for that.
I have a link for the VoD on Twitch but I'm not yet allowed to post links.

What do you think? Is that realistic? I mean the event should be for hyping XV and not to promote the remake. But who knows? Maybe XV comes with a demo of the remake or something like this.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I could see them doing a demo, actually. But yeah, I can't imagine that FF7 would steal a lot of spotlight from FFXV at the FFXV event.

Top Bottom