• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Aeris looks fantastic. That first shot of her face is breathtaking. It tricked me into thinking it was a real face!!

I also love the extra Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie stuff, especially jumping over the turnstiles. Oh those ruffians!

(I'm obviously furious at how they decided to change the Cloud and Aeris meeting but don't listen to me I'm old)

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
Ehmergerd. It looks so good.

-Aerith looks excellent.
-Cloud has been improved, his face and body looks less weird now.
-They've changed the lighting to make it a bit more cartoony than previously. Fine with me, makes it look more like the original.
-Barret is going full-on Mr T impression.
-Combat looking very action-based.
-I seriously hope the first game isn't just set in Midgar. That's all we've seen so far.
-Looks like we probably ARE on for a release before March 2020 then!

Ite

AKA
Ite
Watching this on loop. Thoughts as they come.

@Lic I think Jesse looks like Celine Dion
1557441951661.png
That's way more eyeshadow and blush than I would expect her to wear to a terrorist operation. In that sense, I agree with you. But I think her face-shape is great, I think she has character.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Dude Cloud's greasy as fuck, that's just bedhead.

hey mods I am takin mad screenshots who do I send these to?

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Lunafreya in Kingsglaive.
I think that's because they did motion face-captures for the movies, and don't for the games.

Also I wonder when/where one can find the voice actor info for the FFVIIR trailer. The English cast sounds the same to me as the previous one(s), but I am also people speculating that those are recasts. Maybe the voice direction is different than normal and is causing confusion?

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
It's definitely a different Sephiroth voice than in previous games/films.

Also, was Sephiroth in Midgar? That didn't happen in the OG. Was that maybe Cloud's quick hallucination he has in the reactor?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I"m surprised that the new trailer even came out before the E3 Event next month. Really wasn't expecting it. But at least they improved Cloud's look, which is a good thing considering how icky he looked in the first Remake trailer five years ago. Aerith actually looks beautiful in this, somewhat close to her design in Advent Children and Crisis Core.

As for the voice acting...Yeah, it's new casting since it's a Remake, and remakes get new voice actors as well, which is sad. I was hoping that Steve Burton and George Newbern and most of the others (Quinton Flynn, Tifa's voice actress, ecta, except for Red XIII and Hojo obviously) would return to reprise their roles considering, but...I had a feeling this would happen. Still think I'll avoid the Remake, unfortunately, but I will keep looking it up in case they change my mind.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Cloud and Aeris sound great. I may actually turn voices on if the dialogue is that smooth in the game - pretty good english lip syncing! Thanks Square-Enix.

Barret's delivery of that "Take a LOAD offa yo should-uhs" line is... I should reserve judgement, it just kinda tweaked me. It feels like maybe they read the line like that to the actor, and he was just repeating it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that that take probably wasn't the VA's favorite, but they put it in the trailer because it matched what the execs thought it should sound like...

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
D6KS4_XWsAcY1gJ

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I"m surprised that the new trailer even came out before the E3 Event next month. Really wasn't expecting it. But at least they improved Cloud's look, which is a good thing considering how icky he looked in the first Remake trailer five years ago. Aerith actually looks beautiful in this, somewhat close to her design in Advent Children and Crisis Core.

As for the voice acting...Yeah, it's new casting since it's a Remake, and remakes get new voice actors as well, which is sad. I was hoping that Steve Burton and George Newbern and most of the others (Quinton Flynn, Tifa's voice actress, ecta, except for Red XIII and Hojo obviously) would return to reprise their roles considering, but...I had a feeling this would happen. Still think I'll avoid the Remake, unfortunately, but I will keep looking it up in case they change my mind.
Aw crap.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I'm not so sure. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that Steve Burton reprised his role as Cloud in Dissidia NT, and George Newbern did the same in the same game. Wonder why the Remake is getting new voice actors if both of them were still available? Is it because they decided since it's a Remake they decided to not bother in calling the Original voice actors and decide to do the "Out with the old, in with the new" kind of thing? If so...then that ultimately sucks in my opinion.

jazzflower92

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Girl With A Strong Opinion
I'm not so sure. I mean, it wasn't that long ago that Steve Burton reprised his role as Cloud in Dissidia NT, and George Newbern did the same in the same game. Wonder why the Remake is getting new voice actors if both of them were still available? Is it because they decided since it's a Remake they decided to not bother in calling the Original voice actors and decide to do the "Out with the world, in with the new" kind of thing? If so...then that ultimately sucks in my opinion.

The developers are stupid then.

Top Bottom