• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I'm not sure when or if they'll be able to do anything with the demo PKG (or even the supposed full game 73.7GB PKG that was apparently there at one point.... so someone had to have downloaded it... but they can't do anything with it). It's encrypted and as far as I can tell by googling it's not something that can be easily decrypted. They'd need to know the passcode, and that doesn't appear to be something that can be brute-forced (even if it could, it'd take a long time). Or the demo has to be downloaded onto a jailbroken PS4 then recompiled into an unencrypted PKG.... or so it seems to go with previous games. I don't think this 6.50 firmware that's listed on/required by the game has been hacked, so we may not see anything about the game's assets until the potential PC release.

Last edited:
AKA
Alex
I'm not sure when or if they'll be able to do anything with the demo PKG (or even the supposed full game 73.7GB PKG that was apparently there at one point.... so someone had to have downloaded it... but they can't do anything with it). It's encrypted and as far as I can tell by googling it's not something that can be easily decrypted. They'd need to know the passcode, and that doesn't appear to be something that can be brute-forced (even if it could, it'd take a long time). Or the demo has to be downloaded onto a jailbroken PS4 then recompiled into an unencrypted PKG.... or so it seems to go with previous games. I don't think this 6.50 firmware that's listed on/required by the game has been hacked, so we may not see anything about the game's assets until the potential PC release.

Given how the demo files were cracked and are able to be explored, if someone was able to get that 73GB file, it's only a matter of time before that's cracked too.

Either way, heads are going to roll over this breach.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I haven't signed into this forum for years - not since AdventChildren.net days really. Back because the remake looks okay. Like that woman's brother in the TV commercial.
Hahah, ditto. Not sure how many people remain from when I used to sniff around years and years ago (the beginning of this forum and back to AC.net), but I'm back because Final Fantasy VII is near and dear to my heart and I'm incredibly excited to talk about it with people who feel the same way.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Hahah, ditto. Not sure how many people remain from when I used to sniff around years and years ago (the beginning of this forum and back to AC.net), but I'm back because Final Fantasy VII is near and dear to my heart and I'm incredibly excited to talk about it with people who feel the same way.

I remember you on ACF.

I was one of the literal 12 year olds that got the Spam Games closed. :desu:

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
I remember you on ACF.

I was one of the literal 12 year olds that got the Spam Games closed. :desu:
I'm afraid I've forgotten a good chunk of who used to be the regulars. We butted heads a lot though, so maybe it's best I don't recall.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm afraid I've forgotten a good chunk of who used to be the regulars. We butted heads a lot though, so maybe it's best I don't recall.
I probably remember more about ACF than I should, lol. It was an absolute shitstorm, but it was also like 13 years ago (somehow), so I just laugh about it.

Slipstreamer

Rookie Adventurer
Remember BarrettBoy & ArmouredHamster's Final Fantasy Comics? Because Google doesn't. Fortunately I saved them all.

Also FFVII Remake delayed - ah, it wouldn't be the same without a delay. It's a pity all the trailers haven't been shown in a Square-Enix "Closed Mega Theater" instead of YouTube, and we don't have to rely on a translated description of the trailer from Famitsu. Also, what's with worldwide releases? Trailers shouldn't even have English subtitles IMO. In the old days apparently the only way to keep up with far-flung unbroadcast Formula 1 races was to read descriptions of them in the weekly motoring magazines, and it wasn't clear who had won, or why - that's what the old days of AC.net was like. Now people are ripping the entire game from a leaked demo. What a world.
I waited for XV for 10 years, downloading every trailer in the highest possible quality, then watched Kingsglaive a few months before the game's release, and didn't buy it. I still haven't. There's still a chance for FFVIIR to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last edited:
Top Bottom