FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I'm certain it'll come to PC eventually, even if there wasn't a firm date at the time

^This. At this point, every Final Fantasy game except I and II are on Steam — that’s any FF that’s had any attention paid to it since 2007. There’s simply no reason not to, the return on investment is undeniable, and long-gone are the console war days (FFVII is now on a Nintendo lol). “Eventually” is the keyword here, as I think they’ll let Intergrade and PS5 have its day in the sun before announcing the Steam version.

I hope that the very latest for a PC announcement would be in a short trailer that precedes a Part II announcement, to give audiences the same kind of hype whiplash they did with WoFF>FF7R and also FF7R-PS5>Episode Yuffie. Worst case scenario they wait until all parts are out (!!!) before packaging it for the PC, but I don’t think we’ll be waiting that long. The FFXV Windows Edition came out a year before Episode Ardyn was released.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I mean, they even put KH in a PC. I mean, remastered PS3 Kingdom Hearts I. It's just too much cash to deny.

Since we didn't get any announcement, I'm betting it will be revealed during Integrade launch or maybe end of the year. I don't think they will release Part II before PC part I. Well, I sincerely hope the fuck not.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yeah I'm betting on FFXVI and also FFXIV extension mostly (on the FF side, that's what seems the most advanced, so what I'm awaiting most). Not hoping for anything haha.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, the road to Part 2 has truly started.

Short stories will be the most we get to tide us over, because now all efforts will be towards developing a new game. Part 1 is truly done with INTERgrade.

I can't wait to see what this story is about. The last one they did focusing on Aerith's childhood was good so I'm excited.

Woah, a third Ultimania? This is getting excessive lol. At least it technically features a new render for the cover.

It's not a brand new one. It's the same Material Ultimania, however it will come with this story and presumably stuff from INTERgrade.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I agree the Material Ultimania Plus will feature Intergrade content, but it appears to all be separate books. The original Material Ultimania is 336 pages. The product listing for Plus says it'll be 224 pages and Two Pasts will be 288 pages.

https://store.jp.square-enix.com/it...tter&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=SE_E2750

Edit: Fixed Material Ultimania page count. Was looking at the wrong Ultimania. There's too many of them!

Last edited:

MelodicEnigma

Pro Adventurer
Well based on the product description, it'll specifically feature things not included in the first Material Ultimania and such. Rough translate from google:

"A book containing development materials not included in "FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Material Ultimate Mania" released in October 2020. In addition to CG art such as characters, enemies, and locations, the "Voice Recording Script" of an impressive event scene and a scene that seems to be a hint to the next work will be released for the first time with a Q & A interview with [CO Director: Motomu Toriyama]! In addition, various development materials and scenario strategies such as voice-related materials such as "Battle Voice" and "Voice of Townspeople", CG of new episodes with Yuffie as the main character, setting images, storyboards, etc. are recorded. Delivered with luxurious hardcover specifications."

Should be fun! I'm just excited for this new novel. I don't remember if we were told about this before, so it's completely out of no where for me, in a very welcoming way.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
Looking at the post-remake novellas, it's the first time I've experienced such mixed feelings about the content they produce. On the one hand, I should be happy that the girls are getting the spotlight they deserve. On the other hand, it feels like... overabundance?

Hopefully these side-stories will be a standalone and not inhibit the enjoyment of Part 2 and onwards.

Aerith: "Wow, this reminds me of that one thing."
Tifa: "Oh yeah, that thing!"
Cloud: "What thing?"
Aerith: "That one thing from mine and Tifa's Two Pasts novella."
Cloud: "...Care to explain?"
Aerith & Tifa: "No Cloud, you have to buy the novella!"

Top Bottom