FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
For a sizable number of PC gamers, Remake being on EGS was exactly what they were hoping *wouldn't* happen... Especially after Kingdom Hearts was put up on EGS with no exclusivity period end date in sight. Which hints it might just stay on EGS and never be released elsewhere on the PC gaming market.

Some people really don't like buying products from companies when that company has been vocal that the people buying products from it don't have have opinions that are relevant when it comes to the user experience...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Nothing said there contradicts what they've said before.

And they're citing the Honey Bee Inn scenario as an example of significant difference. Is it a literal significant difference from the OG? Yes.

Is it a spiritually consistent adaption merely updated to current times and next gen capabilities while also surprising players? Yes.

It's exactly what they said they'd be willing to do.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Before anyone jumps at the headline, here's his actual quote:

This scene is a key example of something that was changed dramatically from the original FINAL FANTASY VII. I was a bit worried about what fans of the original game would think, but the whole scene got a much more enthusiastic reception than I could ever have hoped for, so I was quite relieved.

Going forward, I’m sure some parts of the remake will differ significantly from the original. I hope this scene can be a good example of how to approach such changes.
The context is how differently the honey bee in was presented. This says very little about the actual story lol.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
…Even if the rest of the game were a screen-for-screen recreation with no additional dialogue, Remake has already completely buried the OG’s story, why is this even news?

Last edited:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Definitely a click-baity headline when you see the original context and what it was about.
D43A3F98-BEBD-4E4C-8355-6D9FC729C0A6.png

It’s basically reiterating stuff we already presumed, that stuff in the OG that hadn’t aged well, particularly culturally, and would be updated to suit contemporary cultural standards. Wall Market was the just the most obvious part from the OG.

Like I am sure stuff like the Dolphin in Junon and Snowboarding after Aerith’s death is going to be significantly different as well but still capture the spirit (at least the good parts, since the homophobic “spirit of the OG is what needed to be left behind for the Remake) of the OG too.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Cloud had better ride a dolphin at some point.
I imagine Dolphins will appear in some form, but I am sure the gang getting to upper Junon will differ significantly from just Cloud be taken there by a jumping Dolphin, especially since the rest of the party getting up has to be shown too. Similar to how the gang climbing the “shiny wire of hope” got changed to an entire grappling gun traversing chapter for the Remake.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I imagine Dolphins will appear in some form, but I am sure the gang getting to upper Junon will differ significantly from just Cloud be taken there by a jumping Dolphin, especially since the rest of the party getting up has to be shown too. Similar to how the gang climbing the “shiny wire of hope” got changed to an entire grappling gun traversing chapter for the Remake.
For some reason I was imagining a dolphin swarm enveloping Junon, mirroring the whispers surrounding the Shinra building. But only those who have been in contact with Priscilla are able to see them.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I can't get over this enemy comparison video. It's fascinating the absurd details that survived the 23 year gap between the original and Remake. Like Sledgeworm's teeny-tiny hands! Or the red crest on Swordipede's forehead!

It's been said before, but yeah one of the most magical things about Remake is seeing these 90's-ass enemy designs given the modern AAA treatment. Just *chef's kiss*.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's amusing is how they got the OG Sephiroth model to perfectly mimic the stance of the Remake one. Very well done.

...It'd have been hilarious if the video maker trolled everyone and made fake 97' styled models of Deepground SOLDIERs, Nero and Weiss and threw them in there just to see what people would say. :monster:

Top Bottom