FFVII Remake Copies in the Wild (NO SPOILERS)

Lex

Administrator
Hi folks,

We need to have a discussion about what this means in terms of posting/ spoiler policy on the board.

Sadly it looks like there are copies of FFVII Remake that have made it out of warehouses and into the hands of sellers. This tends to happen with Square Enix games these days for whatever reason.

1585346544596.png

As far as we know, 4 copies of the Deluxe Edition have been sold. It looks like this was in the UK.

So, I want to know how people want to approach this here. Game spoilers are going to start flowing next week when these copies are received by the people who bought them, and I want your opinions (quickly) on how to handle this on the board.

My proposal is as follows:

- A dedicated thread in the remake spoiler section of the board (which is hidden from view)
- This is based on the contingency that one of our current staff members actually moderates it. Personally, I want to avoid more spoilers.

Currently the spoiler section has strict rules, and all threads created there require moderator approval (so that spoilers can't be in titles). On the eve of the game's release, I am going to untick the box in the backend that hides the threads in the section from "new posts". Nobody panic about this, I'll put an announcement out beforehand and all the threads are very clearly tagged with a shiny red "spoiler" badge, and also spoilers aren't allowed in thread titles (so you cannot be spoiled unless you go into the thread). However, I want the threads to be easily accessible and noticeable because that's where people will go to discuss the actual game once it's out, and it avoids spoiler discussion in the non-spoiler section.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
My proposal is as follows:

- A dedicated thread in the remake spoiler section of the board (which is hidden from view)

I don't really see a need for any threads other than what you already placed there. Any spoilers coming out, whether this week, next week, or the week after are already covered.

Lex said:
- This is based on the contingency that one of our current staff members actually moderates it. Personally, I want to avoid more spoilers.
I'm willing to do it. I want folks to be able to discuss such things here.

Lex said:
Currently the spoiler section has strict rules, and all threads created there require moderator approval (so that spoilers can't be in titles). On the eve of the game's release, I am going to untick the box in the backend that hides the threads in the section from "new posts". Nobody panic about this, I'll put an announcement out beforehand and all the threads are very clearly tagged with a shiny red "spoiler" badge, and also spoilers aren't allowed in thread titles (so you cannot be spoiled unless you go into the thread). However, I want the threads to be easily accessible and noticeable because that's where people will go to discuss the actual game once it's out, and it avoids spoiler discussion in the non-spoiler section.
This is exactly how it should be done.

Pizzachu

SOLDIER Fan
I agree with what had already been stated. We already have spoiler threads, so if people want to seek out footage of the game and talk about it, they can do it there. Congrats to those who were lucky enough to get it early. Hopefully they will properly spoiler tag everything if they post stuff online.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
First the demo leak, now this. Way to bungle your big release, Square. I hope this doesn't kill discussion here for the next two weeks.

To be fair, the world right now is udergoing an exceptional situation and they might want to avoid any risk of buyers not having their product in time. And Square is not he one posting the leaks, it falls on the personal responsibility of the ones currently owning the game right now.

But I agree with you in that I hope discussion here doesn't disappear in the next two weeks :(

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
Unsurprising really if they’ve made the call to ship early to get ahead of the game. This is an entirely different situation to the demo leak, and they probably expected something to get out there if physical copies are flying around the warehouses two weeks before launch.

I too am hopeful that it doesn’t kill the discussion here but am sure that some of us will get it before the 10th and naturally will begin to start playing it. I don't blame anyone for that, so I can only hope I'm not too far behind when it comes to launch day. To me it looks like the forum policy looks spot on so I feel like I'll still be safe here.

I feel like I’ve seen more than enough through official SE content already so I certainly won't be seeking out any info that doesn't come from them. Whether I can avoid it or not is a different question...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
To be fair, the world right now is udergoing an exceptional situation and they might want to avoid any risk of buyers not having their product in time. And Square is not he one posting the leaks, it falls on the personal responsibility of the ones currently owning the game right now.

But I agree with you in that I hope discussion here doesn't disappear in the next two weeks :(

Yeah in France the post is super slow for these kind of things right now - clearly packages that are "non-essential" are not priority. I think they might have a code or something to put them on the backburner because there are priority packages (like house stuff). I ordered a case for my phone and it says on their site "we're doing the maximum to deliver this as fast as possible" lmao I feel I won't see it for another 15 days.

So if there are leaks, clearly this time it won't be because of us haha.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
giphy.gif

Top Bottom