• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake delayed to April 10th Worldwide

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Though I still disagree that FFXV Royal is an amazing game, the patches really made a big difference. If you didnt like Royal, Vanilla would probably make you puke. And there are examples all out of games that with time, got better. Battlefront 2, No Man's Sky. Even XIV is a good example. Now the question is if games should deserve a "second chance" of sorts. When you buy it and it sucks, at the time your enjoyment is ruined and your money is wasted. If you are putting out bad games and making it better, why you not making the game better first? Even though seeing Reddit after the announcement gave me a minor stroke, some good points were made. Specially about Square and it's fricking boner for announcing games gazillion years before the launch.

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
I sometimes wanna give FFXV a second chance.

At the same time, I already spent 90 Euros on it at release and don't want to spend a single cent more on it.
So unless a Royal Edition magically falls out of the sky, it ain't gonna happen. :wacky:
If you have a pc that can run it, I'd tell you to sell your current copy (if you have it) and wait for a steam sale

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Now the question is if games should deserve a "second chance" of sorts. When you buy it and it sucks, at the time your enjoyment is ruined and your money is wasted. If you are putting out bad games and making it better, why you not making the game better first?
Because hindsight is 20/20 and the perseption of the devs can differ from the consumers and the former has no way of knowing until the later gets their hands on the product.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
While it is shocking and disappointing that this game is delayed, one, I have a feeling it's because KH3: ReMind being released in February on Xbox One is much too close, and two, at least it's(FFVII Remake) only delayed by one month and not two like FFXV was four years ago. Or several months.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Because hindsight is 20/20 and the perseption of the devs can differ from the consumers and the former has no way of knowing until the later gets their hands on the product.
Except the obvious games that come out as buggy abominations or clearly half baked and unfinished. Did Nomura not realise that loading times were taking a lil bit way too long for a game with multiple loading times?

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
I don't mind the game being delayed one month, if they need those extra days to perfect it and make it absolutely and completely amazing, then so be it! What is an extra month anyway?

... But now I will have to share my attention between Final Fantasy VII Remake and Resident Evil 3 Remake

HOO-BOY

I have to give those two jewels the love and attention they deserve!!

CaptainLayla2006

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The Game Master
I don't mind the game being delayed one month, if they need those extra days to perfect it and make it absolutely and completely amazing, then so be it! What is an extra month anyway?

... But now I will have to share my attention between Final Fantasy VII Remake and Resident Evil 3 Remake

HOO-BOY

I have to give those two jewels the love and attention they deserve!!
I feel ya. Me and my dad are gonna be VERY busy this April.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
This is entirely disappointing, but I suppose it gives us all slightly more time to get our affairs in order in preparation for the Remake. If there is a silver lining, it's that both Square Enix and those of us waiting have a bit of extra time to get ready.

I'm sure, just like Resident Evil 2, I'll have Resident Evil 3 beat within a day of getting it. So no problems there. And I was going to wait on Cyberpunk because I want to know if it's all just hype anyway. So this is fine.

...Just fine.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Man tripleA game development just must really be a drag. Whats does a delay do in relation to game development's crunch time? I assume it only gets worse. Kinda makes you feel bad for them. Crunch time might just be one of the worst aspects that are thoroughly enforced in tripleA games.

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
I don't mind the delay, especially if "polishing the game" is polite shorthand for "fixing gamebreaking bugs". Getting to play on a Friday/weekend release (though it's Easter weekend) works for me compared to a Tuesday anyway, lol.

As an aside, I very much hope TLS will translate Nojima's upcoming short story (unsure if that's plural) from the "FFVII Remake World Preview" book: I'm assuming that'll be some sort of pre-Reactor Mission 1 story, but who knows? :shrug:

leadmyskeptic

Pro Adventurer
Sorry if this is TMI, but the feeling reading about this delay created in my stomach, reminded me of back when I was a drug addict, and my supposedly 15 minutes away dealer would send me a text saying something like "Had to stop to get....tires rotated...gonna be another couple hours" or some inane nonsense.
So, long story short, I am addicted to FF7.

NOW GIMME THE FUCKIN' DEMO!!! *scratches self wildly*

Top Bottom