• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Lex

Administrator
I know this has been posted elsewhere, but I thought to keep the discussion in one place a thread was in order.

This isn't unexpected, and I really appreciate them putting this notice out rather than letting the shipments go. We'll look to Friday for more information (though I wonder what that information could be?)

Obviously we've all been worried about this, but the confirmation that the game is still releasing on April 10th is really nice. The timing of the release is very unfortunate for them due to the current state of the world but at least we still have digital if all else fails.

1584566795807.png
1584566841959.png

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm lucky because the only two games I care about this year released close to one another, so I'll probably be so busy with Nioh 2 that I won't miss playing the remake on launch day.

I just hope I can resist watching clips of the game on YouTube...

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I was super on the fence about which version to get, glad I waited! Just digitally pre-ordered the basic b**** version of the game. I’ll save the bells and whistles for the Steam release. ^_^

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Personally, I’m just happy with a physical copy of the normal version of the game. Digital is tempting because of the circumstances, but hopefully things calm down enough before the release date. Who knows if going out will be normal again by then?

Maybe I’ll get the special edition of the final part of the remake.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm an idiot and preordered a second copy at game stop so I would not have to wait for my 1st class edition to come in the mail, so I'm feeling real conflicted right now. I think it's absurd that gamestop is still open, but like, I still kinda hope they don't close? That's really selfish of me though. Maybe they could do something safer, like keeping the doors closed to the public but still be able to pick things up by providing information over the phone or something. I want my gameeee

EDIT: okay this was just an asinine thing to say, I'm sorry. People are in danger, and Gamestop is doing nothing. They need to close immediately, forget the stupid game.

Last edited:

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I actually had to cancel my GameStop preorder and preorder it again because I got a new debit card from the bank (as my old one is expiring). But if I may offer one word of advice...

NEVER preorder from Walmart or Best Buy. In the case of Walmart, their shipping policies only allow you to get the game 2 days after release. In the case of Best Buy, they have a habit of dropping the ball on preorder DLC codes, which they did to me last year when I preordered Mortal Kombat 11 from there. In fact, my complaints were so vocal that, despite staying within the boundaries of the rules, I've been shadow banned from Best Buy's message boards.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I get the impression that the reason gamestop is resisting this so hard is that if they close they'll go out of business. So it might be a good plan to switch your preorder regardless.

Top Bottom