• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I left it to late to order off Amazon (it's sold out now).

I could get the digital version but I just want the 'proper' physical version.
That's something I never grew out of, I like opening a game for the first time and putting the disk in you know?
I felt the same way with the recent Resident Evil 3 Remake, there's just something about looking at the box art whilst waiting for it to load. :)

Dunno if I can wait for Amazon to restock.

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Well, the GameStop I preordered from is closed, and nobody was there when I called to do the curbside pickup even though I'd been told just a few days ago that someone would be there. So I went ahead and got the digital deluxe edition since I have no idea when I'll be able to get the one from GameStop. It's still downloading, but hopefully it won't take too much longer.

Jairus

Called another GameStop in the area and they said I could pick up my preorder there but that I'd have to pay in full for it again because the money didn't transfer from the original store and I'd get a refund after business went back to normal. Suffice it to say, I'm not doing that. I can wait until whenever that happens since I already paid for it on PSN today and I'm sure they'll still have it for me when the store I ordered it from opens up again. Until then, I've got my digital version, so that'll do fine.

Jairus

Thanks! Looking forward to it! I just wish they'd given her more - 2 chapters per trio member instead of 1 would've been nice, but I'll see how this turns out. Maybe it'll feel longer than it seems.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Thanks! Looking forward to it! I just wish they'd given her more - 2 chapters per trio member instead of 1 would've been nice, but I'll see how this turns out. Maybe it'll feel longer than it seems.
I'll admit I would have liked more too, but I feel like Cloud's connection with her by the end of Chapter 4 was pretty... I dunno, "good." I feel like a real connection was made. Its nice.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
this entire experience has soured me from choosing Gamestop (EB Games in Canada) in the future :/

I'll never deal with those shitheads again after this debacle. I've been going to them since the Funcoland days (first game I bought from there was the OG FFVII in 1999), and I have ever had any issue since they went from Funcoland - EB Games - GameStop here in the States (outside of some piss poor preorder counting for MGS3 Subsistence back in the day, never got the making of video for that). Once the quarantine is done, I'm going to try and get a refund on the physical version if I can as I ordered the digital version when they left us in the dark during this whole situation. I know it isn't the store clerks fault and I feel sorry for anyone who works there right now, but their CEO sucks ass.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I'll never deal with those shitheads again after this debacle. I've been going to them since the Funcoland days (first game I bought from there was the OG FFVII in 1999), and I have ever had any issue since they went from Funcoland - EB Games - GameStop here in the States (outside of some piss poor preorder counting for MGS3 Subsistence back in the day, never got the making of video for that). Once the quarantine is done, I'm going to try and get a refund on the physical version if I can as I ordered the digital version when they left us in the dark during this whole situation. I know it isn't the store clerks fault and I feel sorry for anyone who works there right now, but their CEO sucks ass.
I preordered mine online and got it shipped to me via UPS, but the fact that, pandemic or not, the brick-and-mortar preorders were given lesser treatment than online preorders is fucked. I may have no choice but to switch to Amazon, as Walmart doesn't have release day shipping, and Best Buy already has a track record of fucking up preorder bonuses (as I learned the hard way last year with Mortal Kombat 11). Of course, it's well-documented that GameStop is on life support right now anyway.

Top Bottom