SPOILERS FFVII Remake Frustration Expression Thread (*Open Spoilers*)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
This isn't a frustration with the game, but with the fans. For months we had "release the demo now!!1!11!!11!" and that was finally stopped when they did indeed release the demo. Now TONS of comments on all their social media postings are "release the game now because of the COVID-19 quarantine!".
If Covid screws with the release, than so be it. Like Mako said, the people waiting to buy in store, should just be patient. I don't know how our (US) mail service will be affected by this, but if it doesn't get to me for another or so after release, that's fine.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
Considering most sales are digital and online, I don't imagine it'd be effected that much.

If anything, coronavirus is just going to hurt storefronts like Gamestop more than the actual game sales.

Yeah if anything, it might actually help sales too if we are still in the heat of this by then because a lot of us will be scrambling to find something to do in the house.

Vortigern

Pro Adventurer
Figure this thread is the best place to mention this but just got an email about Amazon preorder being delayed with no indication of a new date. Admittedly considering the situation its a minor inconvenience considering what some folks are dealing with but worried how long a delay this will be and whether to seek a new avenue to preorder a physical deluxe copy.

delay.png

Aphyo

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Figure this thread is the best place to mention this but just got an email about Amazon preorder being delayed with no indication of a new date. Admittedly considering the situation its a minor inconvenience considering what some folks are dealing with but worried how long a delay this will be and whether to seek a new avenue to preorder a physical deluxe copy.
Amazon to stop accepting all products other than medical supplies and household staples to its warehouses amid coronavirus crisis — read the memo it just sent sellers

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm dying at the replies to this tweet. Someone is very upset with Cloud's Remake character model:

Personally, I don't have any issues with it. Anime characters look the same for the most part. lol
An animator who worked with Ubisoft and Naughty Dog actually weighed in on this:
Basically, they're similar meshes for a good reason and the first tweet is just more uninformed ranting about "lazy devs" with no basis in reality.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets

View attachment 5085

I had already canceled and went with a local retailer anyway for fears of not getting it day one. Looks like I was right :monster:

rkss

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Me
An animator who worked with Ubisoft and Naughty Dog actually weighed in on this:
Basically, they're similar meshes for a good reason and the first tweet is just more uninformed ranting about "lazy devs" with no basis in reality.
Yea Witcher reused assets/meshes a lot and it's quite noticeable too but it's okay when CDPR does it.
The fact is they used AC Cloud's mesh for Noctis's mesh.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
After watching the final trailer, I feel really uneasy about
Sephiroth stabbing Barret.
I know they can't keep Sephiroth completely mysterious in such an extended game, but I don't really like the idea of him
going around stabbing party members before the big one.
I think it cheapens him as a villain.

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Well, if it wasn't obvious before, I think it can definitely be said Sephiroth isn't going to be portrayed Jaws-esuqe this time around, for better or worse.

Although I knew he'd appear in Midgar, I didn't watch any trailers for several months and stayed very light on the leaks, so I held out hope that he would retain a fair amount of mystique. It's impossible for me to know if they can pull it off without me seeing the game in its entirety, but I don't have a great feeling about Sephiroth as a character. I really hope we don't actually see him stab President Shinra. I'd prefer to be two steps behind Seph and to witness the aftermath of his actions.

Noble0ne

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Noble
Biggs wedge Jesse die, feel sad... No wait Wedge lives feel happy... No wait he dies, feel sad... No wait wedge lives, be happy.... Oh snap Barret died, oh but we all seen end pics they just kidding... Yep he got brought back to life... Wedge Died again? are they kidding, I'm not sure anymore... End scene, b.t.w Biggs lives... You know what square you got me, this was just too good yep as good as the OG with Avelanche and Aerith dieying ?

Edit* woops... My bad, saw grievances and figured i'd be a downer here, away from other threads to foster some positivity.
????

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
After watching the final trailer, I feel really uneasy about
Sephiroth stabbing Barret.
I know they can't keep Sephiroth completely mysterious in such an extended game, but I don't really like the idea of him
going around stabbing party members before the big one.
I think it cheapens him as a villain.
I read someone, that Barret was actually the one who was supposed to die instead of Aerith, in the OG

Top Bottom