• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake in Europe

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
I start this thread to include information about others FFVII Remake events that could be held in Europe

Madrid Games Week 2019
03 - 06 October 2019
https://www.ifema.es/en/madrid-games-week
https://www.ifema.es/madrid-games-week/noticias/madrid-games-week-final-fantasy-2019

Madrid Games Week convention has started today in Spain, where it will be available to play the FFVII Remake Demo until September 6, I already have my ticket for Saturday :excited: . Here firsts pics of his booth.

EF9XxlNUwAI0PJN

EF-Np7QXYAIwXNr

Apparently they will give away this poster after playing.

EF8ziZNXYAAMSMH

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I am intensely jealous but so glad you're going to get the chance to play the demo! EGX 2019 is on in London from the 17th to the 20th of October - I was hoping the remake would make an appearance there but I don't know if it will. If it does I will likely attempt to go just for a day to get the chance.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
I am intensely jealous but so glad you're going to get the chance to play the demo! EGX 2019 is on in London from the 17th to the 20th of October - I was hoping the remake would make an appearance there but I don't know if it will. If it does I will likely attempt to go just for a day to get the chance.

Avengers is on the showfloor and no Remake? So weird. Never been to one of these events, but I so would to get a chance at a a peak at the Remake.

Reactions: Lex

Lex

Administrator
Avengers is on the showfloor and no Remake? So weird. Never been to one of these events, but I so would to get a chance at a a peak at the Remake.

I can't see anything indicating the remake is gonna be there but it may well be! I'll be disappointed if there are no tickets left then they're suddenly like "oh btw here's the remake!"

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Hey! Out of curiosity, would it be possible to scan the ticket for playing the demo? I want to get a good look at the redesigned Shinra Logo without any photographing distortions from being held up... been itching to recreate the new Shinra logo for the Remake.

Sorry, I think that haven't explained well, I mean that I have ticket for convention in Saturday, but for play demo you don't need a ticket instead you needs wait presumably a huge queue because will be the main day with more access. I hope have the chance to play it.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Sorry, I think that haven't explained well, I mean that I have ticket for convention in Saturday, but for play demo you don't need a ticket instead you needs wait presumably a huge queue because will be the main day with more access. I hope have the chance to play it.
Are you 100% certain? When I went, they had a limited amount of tickets, with times stamped on the tickets. If you didn't get them right after the doors opened, you had to try again another day.

I just don't want you to miss out, is all. :closedmonster:

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Are you 100% certain? When I went, they had a limited amount of tickets, with times stamped on the tickets. If you didn't get them right after the doors opened, you had to try again another day.

I just don't want you to miss out, is all. :closedmonster:

El primer día fue de esta manera solo con la cola y sin boleto un promedio de 2 horas de espera, esto me dijo que un amigo mío fue ayer pero aún existe la posibilidad de que los próximos días puedan cambiar el formato de acceso. De todos modos, mi plan es tratar de estar en la cabina lo antes posible e informarme de posibles cambios. Realmente, gracias por la preocupación, no quiero perder esta oportunidad.

Thanks @Alex Strife If I can manage to play it, I will also enjoy it in your honor :)

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
So happy for you!!! I'm glad to see a few people I know being able to try it!!

I'm not in Spain so I couldn't, but! As promised, here's the impressions of my motorsport journalist friend:

"My brain couldn't keep up with attacking and thinking of how to block and dodge at the same time but the system works quite well since you can't really deal good damage without the skills. The camera failed a bit sometimes, let's see if future builds fix that.

The battle gets a bit long if you lose focus, which is not too bad for a first boss. I had to heal both characters one time each even though I gave them a potion before the battle started. I'm sure someone more skilled could have finished the boss faster than me..."

So that's that!

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Although it was the same demo that was shown on E3 and I already knew what I was going to find it has been a great experience to try it for myself.

One of the topics that created in me most expectation was to be able to see it with the texts in Spanish, we must not forget that the original translation of FFVII in Spanish was quite desastrous. Now the few lines that I could see and of course the rest of the technical section seem to have a pretty good level and got me hype even more.

The soundtrack was excellently integrated and feels organic, the combat is quite fluid and entertaining. It's not just about pounding buttons, you feel you have to think tactically what you're going to do to accomplish your goals, switching between characters is a amazing. It took me about 20 minutes to complete it since I took my time to observe everything.

I agree with Alex Strife's friend, the camera could improve a bit and I don't doubt it will when the final game comes out.

As an anecdote, I had a small problem and that is that in the middle of Scorpion Sentinel's battle my screen turned off suddenly. Luckily for me, I had the tactical mode open at that time and I could continue with my game without problems. But I really felt scared for a moment, I thought the console had reset or that I had found some kind of bug in the game hahah ...

At the end of the demo "Koch Media Spain" (Square-Enix distributor in Spain) gave these commemorative posters and a little chicken or mini-chocobo (her hallmark), and they made available to the attendees a fanbook that will travels the world in other FFVIIR events where we can share expectations and messages with the developers. I had the opportunity to see the first pages of this book and there were incredible drawings, there are many hidden artists out there!

Here a preview/tour arround the booth, they were quite paranoid that no photos/videos were taken:

"HobbyConsolas" a Spanish magazine rewarded the game with its badge as one of the best games of the convention

In short, I am now looking forward to March 3, 2020 even with more hype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

By the way I just learned that last weekend, the FFVII Remake booth was also in Italy at the Milan Games Week and it seems that the fanbook was also there:

Milan Games Week 2019
27 - 29 September 2019
https://www.milangamesweek.it/

Last edited:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Would love it if you could get some general details from her. For example, how long the queue times for the Remake ended up being.

I'll need to times it by 2 since i'm going on Saturday, lol.
Lucky you! I'll try to remember to message her over the next couple of days. But if you don't hear from me don't be afraid to give me a wee nudge ;)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Please excuse the double post. Here are my sisters' verbatim messages:

- "It made my brain hurt! So much going on. But it was fun :D The switch between slasher and command menu is good."
- [Asked if the game felt nice overall]
- "Yeah it does feel nice, the transition between the two input styles compliment each other. I do think you'll like it. Switching between characters is fluid too. I think if you find a good rhythm of when to switch (e.g., if one character is being hit a lot and you can sneak in with another one) it'll be effective. My only criticism is that especially in the boss fight, there was SO MUCH going on it's quite overwhelming."
- [Asked if it's hopefully not as busy/messy as XV fights in light of what she said]
- "It doesn't feel as busy as XV, and the gameplay is a lot more exciting."

That's it for now. @Claymore do you have anything specific you want me to ask?

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Please excuse the double post. Here are my sisters' verbatim messages:

- "It made my brain hurt! So much going on. But it was fun :D The switch between slasher and command menu is good."
- [Asked if the game felt nice overall]
- "Yeah it does feel nice, the transition between the two input styles compliment each other. I do think you'll like it. Switching between characters is fluid too. I think if you find a good rhythm of when to switch (e.g., if one character is being hit a lot and you can sneak in with another one) it'll be effective. My only criticism is that especially in the boss fight, there was SO MUCH going on it's quite overwhelming."
- [Asked if it's hopefully not as busy/messy as XV fights in light of what she said]
- "It doesn't feel as busy as XV, and the gameplay is a lot more exciting."

That's it for now. @Claymore do you have anything specific you want me to ask?

That sound awesome. Just generally, how long did she have to wait and queue up for?

pxp

Pro Adventurer
That sound awesome. Just generally, how long did she have to wait and queue up for?
“We queued for around 2 hours (10:30 till 12:30). Bear in mind that we had an early entry ticket so there was a finite amount of people on the floor at the time.

They have 30 screens and were letting in 30 at a time. But half way through they were down to only 16 screens with they rectified. Demo is 15mins with 5mins turnaround so every 20mins we moved.

Either you finish the demo before the time is up or they ask you to stop.”

Good luck!!!

Top Bottom