FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Sorry if this was already explained but I’m not sure how to get it, I have the PS5 with the PS4 digital version but I can’t seem to find the upgrade

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Got the PS5 version of the base game a couple hours ago by setting up an AUS PSN account. Few impressions based on Quality Mode in chapters 1, 2, 3, 6, and 13:

- in general the textures are a lot better, practically all of the egregious ones like the aircon units, The Door, the scrapheaps and the slums in Chapter 6 are fixed. There's still a few grotty textures here and there but they're less easy to spot. Sector 5 and Wall Market are noticeably improved in particular.
- On top of the stuff like new lighting and volumetric fog, there's also additional particle effects, improved HDR (including actual calibration in the menu) and fairly limited ray tracing on select surfaces. I'd say of all the additions, the lighting and HDR are the star players - the overall image the game puts out is brighter and more vivid now, with the PS4 image seeming more washed out by comparison.
- I've so far not noticed any music different to the degree of the opening, which does appear to be a completely new recording. To what end, I have absolutely no idea.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
I think the free upgrade is only for owners of the physical copy ...
SE and Sony say you can get the upgrade free for both digital and physical unless if you got the digital version through PS plus (I actually own the game digitally) I’m just not sure how to actually get the thing lol

But if it’s true, I’ll scream…and then buy it anyways

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
To digital owners of the PS4 version in North America, are you able to download Intergrade yet? I was hoping to get the download started before leaving to work, but alas.

Okay well I'm rummeging around the menu and I see no options for preloading, so I guess that was only for people who digitally bought the PS5 version. That's frustrating.

Yes, very. And since we can't pre-order Intergrade we also lose access to the mini soundtrack and artbook, plus we have to buy the Cacstar weapon (it's currently a pre-order bonus). Not a big deal, but still. This whole rollout has been a mess.

Top Bottom