• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake State of Play Trailer: Frame by Frame Analysis

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
EDIT: Oops...I realize people are discussing this in the other thrad. Oh well. :monster:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Awesommmeee! Thank you guys! Some things I noticed during the video and would like to discuss:

Battle Stats
Throughout the course of the trailer, we see our characters' stats changing. It seems as though stats are affected either by:

a. Battle mechanics (i.e., MP goes up if you use magic often)
b. A sphere-grid type of leveling system
c. Equipment (i.e. magic materia equipped = higher MP)

Or it's possible that we're looking at shots from 248934 different playthroughs. Haha.

Character Levels + Mathematical Wizardry = Episode 1 Length?
Stat variations aside, it seems as though our characters are leveling up somewhat consistently throughout this trailer. One thing worth looking at is how high our character stats are at different points in the game. For example, during the fight with the Guard Scorpion, Cloud and Barret both have pretty high HP. IIRC, you don't level up quite so much by this point in the game without moderate grinding. Can anyone confirm?

Considering this game will be episodic, it makes sense for our characters to be at higher levels earlier on in the story if character stats do not carry over to the next episode.

My question is this:

Can we possibly gauge how long the first episode will be or how large the Midgar portion will be by analyzing stat growth in this trailer? We'd have to assume of course that we're looking at just one or two gameplays in this trailer (remember the fluctuating stats) and not like 9328495 in order to make any kind of assumption. And we'd have to make assumptions about whether or not character stats will somehow carry over in the following episodes.

Battle Bars
I'm thinking some of those bars on the battle menu are for spell usage. Sorry if you guys did mention this in the video but I was moderately distracted while watching this. It seems like there would be a spell casting gauge to prevent the spamming of magic. Maybe that's what the blue bars are for?

Why Is Aerith Giving Away Free Flowers?
I'm at least one person who wishes Aerith would be like "wtf, u gonna pay for that???" :lol:

Blue Jumpsuit
It's supposed to be purple. Somebody pls fix this before the game comes out. There's still time. :monster:

The Thing on Cloud's Back
At first glance, I thought this was actually the magnetic thingum that holds Cloud's buster sword. Although...it is super low to be a sword holder...seems like it would eff your spine...
I know you guys said Barret has one too, but I can't see it. I'm squinting as hard as I can and I just can't. Pics pls?

Enemy Defeated
So at around 47:40 you guys were discussing how the enemy disappears. I just want to point out that when the enemy is defeated in this scene, you can see its red silhouette. IIRC, this is exactly what happens when an enemy is defeated in the OG.

Lex

Administrator
Here's that grapple thing on Barret:

1558042658475.png

He doesn't have it at any other point in the trailer - same deal for Cloud.

Here's a better image of Cloud's

1558042808691.png

This is at a point where Cloud, Barret and Tifa are in the party, and this is the area we're speculating is the second reactor mission. I don't know what these things are but the metal parts definitely look like clips, and given who's in the party it's either the Sector 5 bombing mission (most likely), the pillar collapse (possible) or infiltrating Shinra HQ (also possible).

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Here's that grapple thing on Barret:

View attachment 3083

He doesn't have it at any other point in the trailer - same deal for Cloud.

Here's a better image of Cloud's

View attachment 3084

This is at a point where Cloud, Barret and Tifa are in the party, and this is the area we're speculating is the second reactor mission. I don't know what these things are but the metal parts definitely look like clips, and given who's in the party it's either the Sector 5 bombing mission (most likely), the pillar collapse (possible) or infiltrating Shinra HQ (also possible).

To me this things remind me to a climbing rope for access to hide areas or climb pipes, like in Uncharted.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
It’s at 0:45 and 0:46 and actually the more I look at it the more I realize it’s just Cloud’s attack and I’m probably seeing something I wanted to see...

*squint*

....does the monster leave a red silhouette? Or does it just sort of dissapear?

Top Bottom