FFVII Remake Subforum Reshuffle (Spoiler threads will be no more)

Lex

Administrator
Hi folks,

I think it's well past the time we put the spoiler threads in the general FFVII:R section - the spoiler threads don't show up unless you actually go there and interact with them in some way, which no doubt stifles some discussion.

The threads will still be spoiler tagged but over the coming days I'm going to either put all the spoiler threads back into the general section (where they will be publicly visible and show up on "new posts" for everyone) or I'll change the permissions for the subforum so that the same thing happens.

If people have questions or suggestions please leave them in here and we can discuss :)

Sephiroth Crescent

Way Ahead of the Plot
I'm going to either put all the spoiler threads back into the general section
Please don't do that, just leave it as an open Part 1 historical archive of spoilers. And later do the same with next Remake parts. It's nice having it structured as 1 thread per game chapter, after all. Or else it will be a mess... in the future.
A future rigged by Sephiroth. :mon:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I was thinking moving the threads was a good idea until I read @Sephiroth Crescent post... looking further in the future, yes, it might be better to leave those posts where they are - you could maybe open the subforum, I don't know? Let it be treated as this section is?

Lex

Administrator
I am leaning more toward that now than I was when I made this thread. I don't really like the idea of those posts getting muddled up with everything in the main remake section, and if it accomplishes the same thing (making them public), why bother messing with it?

The only concern I have is subforum clutter (too many). But I suppose that's a problem for Part 2...

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Another question along the same lines, but slightly different –

Since in addition to Intergrade, The First SOLDIER & Ever Crisis are gonna be coming out in the next couple years prior to the next part of Remake, does anyone have preferences on:
  • Giving the new spin-off/mobile games their own new section
  • Nesting their content under the Remake section
  • Nesting their content under the Compilation section
Additionally, when it comes to content with The First SOLDIER & Ever Crisis likely having some story elements that are newer, but also those elements (especially FFVII:EC) being more centered around the Compilation/Series games than Remake being original story-centric, would it be preferable to have a "no-holds-barred-all-the-FFVII-things" spoiler section in:
  • A sub-forum under Compilation, so those conversations can be had more outside of just Remake to cover the whole FFVII Series
  • A sub-forum under Remake since those games are newer than the Compilation and this becomes more of a Remake+ space

I have a lot of thoughts around where it'd be most helpful for having certain types of conversions, where active users are going to be likely to look for certain things, making sure that we're not focusing too much activity in one space if we can distribute some of it to help keep threads fresh and interesting, etc but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts that were along the same lines of what Lex was inquiring about vis-a-vis Forum content re-shuffling.

X:neo:

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
My layman opinion:

“Remake” forum would be where I would look, were I a new user, for discussion on the AAA title and it’s sequels/DLC.

“Compilation” would be where I would go if I were interested in discussing ancillary releases, such as AC, Kids Are Alright, etc. I think EC and FC would in this instance count as ancillary content.

And “Final Fantasy VII (1997)” would be for the original game

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
“Remake” forum would be where I would look, were I a new user, for discussion on the AAA title and it’s sequels/DLC.

“Compilation” would be where I would go if I were interested in discussing ancillary releases, such as AC, Kids Are Alright, etc. I think EC and FC would in this instance count as ancillary content.

Forgot to mention this, and just made a minor update to my post to make that a little more clear, and I'm not sure if it changes your perspective:

– If any new content were to be moved under the current Compilation section, the section title would shift towards something like "Final Fantasy VII Series/Compilation" to help make it clear that it's not just the older Compilation-titled releases. Likewise, the Remake section would have something to help make it clear that anything Remake & after is in that section.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Reposting from one of the chapter spoiler threads:

Even if we do lift them for the board at large, I think the Chapter threads should keep them for anyone playing through the chapters. Otherwise what would the point even be of having the Chapter threads?
Well, they're an artifact from the time they were needed, and consolidating them would be more trouble than it's worth even if we agreed that spoiler tagging was no longer needed.

Which raises the question: how long is it needed? Seems like one year from release used to be our modus operandi? But that's a discussion for another thread ... :monster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I like the spoiler subforum and chapter threads as is.

Hopefully future Remake parts will continue the chapter count and part 2 will open with Chapter 19. That way everything could be in the same subforum. Otherwise maybe update the titles to be "Part 1 - Chapter 1 Spoiler Discussion" and so on when the time comes?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't care if we lift the restriction from the board today. My point is, since consolidating the chapter threads is impractical, as you say, why not leave them as intended in case someone wants to use them while playing through like we did. Because why would the rest of us discuss full spoilers in the chapter threads instead of all the general ones?

We could even move all the threads that aren't chapter threads out of the subforum, making that it's sole purpose. But that's not necessary I don't think.

Last edited:
Top Bottom