• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake TV commercial

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
EIB4MstVUAAC5eo

Tomorrow, first FFVII Remake TV Commercial will be releashed in Japan, Probably after they launch it will generate many feelings among us, so I think it deserves its own thread to talk about it and the next ones.

Square Enix will air a seven-minute commercial for Final Fantasy VII Remake during Fuji TV’s FNS 27-Hour TV: Japanese Sports are Strong! from November 2 at 18:30 JST to November 3 at 21:54 JST, the company announced. The commercial itself will premiere on November 3 at 0:00 JST.

The commercial follows the story of an officer worker, played by Masataka Kubota, who has never played Final Fantasy VII. He plays it cool while discussing the release of Final Fantasy VII Remake with his boss, played by Testuji Tamayama, and girlfriend, played by Misato Morita. The girlfriend knows Final Fantasy VII from watching her brother play it growing up, while the boss is a Final Fantasy VII mega-fan. Through this discussion, the office worker gradually becomes interested in the title.

SE updated the press release with FFVII original sales data:

The total number of units sold worldwide is over 12.3 million. (* Total number of packaged software shipments and download sales)
Misato Morita posted photos of the commercial script on his twitter account:

Sources:
https://www.jp.square-enix.com/company/ja/news/2019/html/f7b96c2f37dbad9a7c2d14be3e008f07.html
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201911/01186152.html
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1216086.html
https://gematsu.com/2019/10/final-f...e-tv-commercial-to-air-on-november-3-in-japan

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Man, that is a REALLY clever pitch for an ad to address the broad spectrum of people's levels of familiarity with the original game, and spark interest in the Remake. Here's to hoping that it nails the execution, and I'm curious if it'll establish a sort of tone about the Darth-Vader-level spoilers for the story with the little narrative of the ad.

X :neo:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I kinda hope the ad doesn't have any gameplay of the remake, and instead ends with a screen like the State of Play one saying when to expect more. The ad seems to be about the legacy of the original and different people's exposure to it, so I think footage of the shiny new one might distract from that.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
At first, when I didn't know about the story, I thought it would be a short documentary movie / biography on "The Making of FFVII", and these two guys are playing the roles for the younger versions of Sakaguchi & Kitase. I mean... look at the protagonist's hairdo, and tell me, this doesn't scream "Kitase Style" for you. :monster:

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Man, the bit where her brother messaged her after them not talking for like 8 years, and all of the flashbacks of them playing the game as kids, and the massive FFVII nerd at the bar censoring their spoilers, and just… remembering what it's like to introduce someone to the game. This ad show more than ANYTHING what the Remake means to the team who's making it, and what they know it means to all of us, and even those folks out there who haven't seen it yet and just DEAR GODS.

Yeah, thanks to all of you for being my online version of this ad for like the last 15 or so years. <3

X :neo:

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
I laughed and cried like a child in the throes of an uncontrollable rush of feelings. The power of this game also lies in how it always manages to renew the emotions for it.
I agree with you! It was the same with me, and the same thing happened to me during the Square-Enix Showcase in the E3. Oh, wow. I cried, laughed and bounced on my chair as I watched the streaming. This game is beyond wonderful.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Lovely commercial. I think though, that SE and other companies need to start uploading content in at least 1440p. Why? I can't be the only one that saw the unusually high amount of banding all-throughout the video. Even without banding issues, the overall video quality looked more like a 720p or lower resolution video upscaled to 1080p. :(

su5NGXi.png

youffie

Pro Adventurer
If anyone’s interested, there’s people on reddit posting summaries and even a translation of the dialogues here.

Look, I know that a lot of this is just very good marketing bullshit, but there’s something to be said about the respect.

Before the first trailer and the first interviews came out, I was viciously against the idea of a remake. I was adamant they’d get it wrong, because they seemed completely out of touch with what the original game was actually about and the very different reasons why it was so special to many different people – reasons that sometimes went beyond the game itself. But everything they’ve said, everything they’ve shown just oozes respect for the original game, an understanding of what it accomplished and the ways it touched so many people – so many of us.

For many of us, this is not just a game. It feels like that it’s not just a game for the people working on it either. And maybe that’s the best we could hope for.

Now hopefully they'll release a subtitled version, so I can show this to my sisters with whom I first played the game twenty years ago. I bet they’ll cry. :awesome:

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
If anyone’s interested, there’s people on reddit posting summaries and even a translation of the dialogues here.

Look, I know that a lot of this is just very good marketing bullshit, but there’s something to be said about the respect.

Before the first trailer and the first interviews came out, I was viciously against the idea of a remake. I was adamant they’d get it wrong, because they seemed completely out of touch with what the original game was actually about and the very different reasons why it was so special to many different people – reasons that sometimes went beyond the game itself. But everything they’ve said, everything they’ve shown just oozes respect for the original game, an understanding of what it accomplished and the ways it touched so many people – so many of us.

For many of us, this is not just a game. It feels like that it’s not just a game for the people working on it either. And maybe that’s the best we could hope for.

Now hopefully they'll release a subtitled version, so I can show this to my sisters with whom I first played the game twenty years ago. I bet they’ll cry. :awesome:
I'm with you when you say FFVII is not just a game for many of us. For me, it's very, very special and has a permanent place within me, as it was the first game my mom bought for me and she absolutely loved it, even if she didn't play it herself. I will always remember the first time I saw the cutscene with Sephiroth revealing Jenova at the Mako Reactor in Nibelheim--- h o l y · d u d e · o h · m y · g o d ! --- I was 13 years old at the moment and that scene simply got engraved in my mind, and my everlasting love for the Silver-haired Masamune wielder and the game itself was born.

I have very high expectations on this Remake, and I'm sure they won't disappoint us at all. It's going to be breathtaking. Yeah, like Keanu Reeves. :awesome:

Top Bottom