FFVII Screenplay

wayfarer

ACF Refugee
AKA
Fenrir/Cerberus
I actually started one earlier in the year. I only actually wrote a couple pages but I did a lot of brain storming and basically: cut out Yuffie, Red, Cid, and Cait Sith (though I kept Reeve's general arch and involvement with AVALANCHE.) FFVII has a lot of elements that'd make for a good film: the dystopic future, the environmental allegory, the powerful ensemble cast, angsty main character with amnesia. but it's just hard to condense it down, my absolute minimum I gave myself to tell the story being two and a half hours. Also there are a lot of anime elements in the game that've never really been properly portrayed in live action film: the steampunkish technology, talking animals...

I had a hard time trying to fit Vincent into the story, but since he's my favorite character I did my best to introduce him earlier in the story. I significantly beefed up Rufus' role and tried to develop a growing antagonism between him and Reeve, I also gave Reeve a lot more screen time in general. I reached out to another FF forum goer who had started a screenplay earlier and ultimately gave up on it, but he suggested combining Vincent and Cait Sith's role, Rufus and Hojo's, and Aerith and Nanaki's.

I hadn't even BEGUN to think about Sephiroth, he's an odd villain to say the least. Ultimately, to make an accurate 2 hour ish adaption of FFVII a lot needs to be cut, and the plot needs to be condensed into its most basic form.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I actually started one earlier in the year. I only actually wrote a couple pages but I did a lot of brain storming and basically: cut out Yuffie, Red, Cid, and Cait Sith (though I kept Reeve's general arch and involvement with AVALANCHE.) FFVII has a lot of elements that'd make for a good film: the dystopic future, the environmental allegory, the powerful ensemble cast, angsty main character with amnesia. but it's just hard to condense it down, my absolute minimum I gave myself to tell the story being two and a half hours. Also there are a lot of anime elements in the game that've never really been properly portrayed in live action film: the steampunkish technology, talking animals...

I had a hard time trying to fit Vincent into the story, but since he's my favorite character I did my best to introduce him earlier in the story. I significantly beefed up Rufus' role and tried to develop a growing antagonism between him and Reeve, I also gave Reeve a lot more screen time in general. I reached out to another FF forum goer who had started a screenplay earlier and ultimately gave up on it, but he suggested combining Vincent and Cait Sith's role, Rufus and Hojo's, and Aerith and Nanaki's.

I hadn't even BEGUN to think about Sephiroth, he's an odd villain to say the least. Ultimately, to make an accurate 2 hour ish adaption of FFVII a lot needs to be cut, and the plot needs to be condensed into its most basic form.

Are you trying to cram the entire plot into one movie? That just can't be done. :/

Top Bottom