FFVII Tattoo Ideas?

Lain

pigeon knight
I did a search on the forum to look for any other thread like this, and I couldn't find any... Sorry if there's already an existing one, just point it at me!

It's the right time in life for me to plan my next tattoo :O I have a Shadow of the Colossus tattoo and I have an appointment for a Katamari Damacy tattoo coming up, but that just means that I need to start planning for a FFVII one so that by the time I think on it enough and make an appointment if necessary, the timing will work out.

To keep in theme with my other tattoos, I'm going for something that can be executed in just black ink.

What FFVII themed tattoos can you think of that would work well with that restriction?

My ideas so far are just:
  • The meteor logo. Of course
  • Red XIII's "XIII" on the shoulder
  • The text within the Shinra logo (of course this runs the faux pas of having Japanese characters tattood onto me, whereas I am not Japanese)
  • Materia slots (If I got this in color I probably would link 'All' with some magic, but honestly the idea of a purple materia would be pretty good)

but please let me know what you all think \o/

(Also attached is my SotC tattoo for those who are curious. I'm the one on the left with it on my neck, the person on the right is someone I met at a picnic and we had a good moment of "WE HAVE THE SAME TATTOO!")

fc4pwg.jpg

Ghost X

There is the symbol that appears in the FFVII intro credits thing, which also appears in the TLS logo banner thing at the top of the page :monster:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
There is the symbol that appears in the FFVII intro credits thing, which also appears in the TLS logo banner thing at the top of the page :monster:

I’ve got that tattooed on my back!

It was only recently (11 years later) that I realized the symbol is two Fs mirroring each other :/

Philco

Pro Adventurer
I like the idea of Red's "XIII" tattoo, something quite simple and subtle.

There's also the soldier logo?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
A moogle on your arse :monster:

okay maybe not very original.

Beat me to it, dammit! Also IIRC, there's a generic tattoo thread in General Discussion.

BTW Lain, SOTC in Birmingham is a derogatory reference to rival football clubs. It stands for 'shit on the city', commonly chanted by Villa fans. The more you know!

Depends how big you want to go on your FF tatt and whereabouts you want it on your body. You could do a wholly black ink version of Bahamut that would look awesome.

Also I'm gonna nitpick now but whoever did your Colossus tatt, don't let them do another, their skills need a bit of work. The lines are making my OCD flap and the inking could be better. It's not shit but it could certainly be improved IMO.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ugh, seeing you brainstorm is making me want to design an FF-themed piece and/or sleeve. I have so many tats and not really an FF-themed one. Blergh.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy

I’ve got that tattooed on my back!

It was only recently (11 years later) that I realized the symbol is two Fs mirroring each other :/

Yes, but also!..... It is comprised of 7 lines, representing the game :monster:

It's simple but meaningful and had I the balls to get a tatt I'd get it done.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Get the whole cast, except they've been inflicted with Toad. So it's just a bunch of toads...

Just kidding. The Buster Sword is pretty iconic. Maybe TOO iconic. Maybe a starter weapon collage with Materia floating about?

Mystile is my favorite armor, I'd get a tattoo of that. There's artwork of every weapon/armor/accessory in the Ultimania.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This “newbie” has a really unfortunate username!

Top Bottom