FFVIIR at Gamescom 2019

On one hand this would be a neat first-time trip to Germany. Indeed, if I went through with this it would be my second time abroad (though my quick trip to Denmark barely counts in my book).

On the other hand my wallet is already screaming at me for having bought a PS4 Pro and it's screaming pre-emptively at me for choosing the most expensive FFVIIR pre-order.

The question then would be if I want this enough. Most likely the demo is the same that was playable at E3 and in Hong Kong. There wouldn't be much to report on except the same stuff everybody already knows. So upon further introspection yeah I'm leaning towards "not worth it". 'Twould be a neat experience yes but still too much work for too little reward. Thanks for throwing in the fundraiser idea though.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That’s awesome for those attending! I’m halfway around the world, so I don’t mind waiting.

In terms of news, the public demo has been so accurately described that I couldn’t possibly learn more. I am still curious-as-hell about the private demo, because even those who played it failed to fully describe it to me in their hours of commentary. “It’s from the beginning of the game” like what does that mean? Is there a starfield for 30 seconds? Is it the traditional opening theme or the adrenaline-pumping strings found in the intro to the E3 conference? How does it transition from Aeris opening her eyes to the street for the big pan-out?

...ahem. It’s also nice to know that they are demoing it around the world. They are definitely looking for global feedback!

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
What I'd be curious about if its the same demo...but tweaked based off of E3 feedback data. Which would then make me wonder if whatever they show at TGS would likewise be tweaked based off of Gamescom data.

And of course, all the footage we have seen thus far was always subject to change, so I'm curious just aesthetically if anything has been modified E3...

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
On one hand, I'm sad because normally I can tell myself E3 is on the other side of the world so it doesn't hurt so much I can't go there, but this time it's super close. On the other, I don't think I'm desperate enough to spend the money to play demo of a game that's coming out in less than a year, and demo we know a lot about.
I just hope that maybe this time it will be allowed to record the play, so we can officialy listen to all the banter and stuff.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
What I'd be curious about if its the same demo...but tweaked based off of E3 feedback data. Which would then make me wonder if whatever they show at TGS would likewise be tweaked based off of Gamescom data.

And of course, all the footage we have seen thus far was always subject to change, so I'm curious just aesthetically if anything has been modified E3...
I mean, there were tweaks from State of Play in May to E3 in June. So I guess it wouldn’t be far fetched.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Really not sure what to think - I mean isn’t Gamescon the E3 and TGS equivalent for Europe? Surely there’ll be something new, even if nothing major?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Really not sure what to think - I mean isn’t Gamescon the E3 and TGS equivalent for Europe? Surely there’ll be something new, even if nothing major?
Based on what I've seen, they're just bringing their E3 booth and demo setup to Gamescom to make it available to European audiences. We might get some interviews but I'm not anticipating any trailers or major announcements.

Top Bottom