• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR at TGS 2019 (NEW TRAILER!)

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
nervous-gif.gif

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
The TGS live stream starts about 10 hours after the new trailer drops so I guess we'll be seeing the trailer somewhere else first?
They've been uploading a lot of their TGS trailers to Youtube ahead of the event, and it seems like FFVIIR is no exception.

The good news is we should get a lot more info. Obviously there's going to be a new "advanced gameplay" demonstration, but with a 40-minute stage presentation on Saturday, even allowing for some time to be wasted with introductions and people shuffling on and off stage, there will be a lot of time to reveal and showcase things. For comparison, the E3 presentation was only 20 minutes.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
For the trailer all of the above. Would like a glimpse of some of the other locations of Midgar, like Wall Market.

For any gameplay demo I really, really, really want to see some exploration and npc interaction this time SE. A girl can only see too much combat and we've already seen a lot of it. Although I wouldn't mind a gander at the menu and a closer look at the materia system.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I have to admit I am most looking forward to Red XIII’s reveal. I feel he is a criminally underrated character, due in part to the Compilation barely giving him the spotlight in the West.

There is potential for similarities in the marketing campaigns between Devil May Cry 5 and FF7R, both of which have an early March release date. Here’s DMC5’s roadmap:
E3 - Announcement / Nero combat reveal
TGS - Dante combat reveal
The Game Awards - V combat reveal

And here’s FF7R’s roadmap so far:
E3 - Big unveiling / Tifa reveal
TGS - Shinra reveal
The Game Awards - Red XIII reveal???

I theorize we won’t see anything at PSX because for starters there hasn’t been an announcement for one this year and Sony skipped doing one last year. There’s also the fact that Sony has moved to a new format in the form of State of Play videos and that PSX competes with the much bigger The Game Awards in terms of calendar space.

Don Corneo's Dungeon

Pro Adventurer
For the trailer all of the above. Would like a glimpse of some of the other locations of Midgar, like Wall Market.

For any gameplay demo I really, really, really want to see some exploration and npc interaction this time SE. A girl can only see too much combat and we've already seen a lot of it. Although I wouldn't mind a gander at the menu and a closer look at the materia system.

Agreed, we've seen enough combat now. Sector 7 and Wall Market for me, or the Train Graveyard.

Knights of the Round

Pro Adventurer
Gimme those Don Corneo thrusts

Here comes papa!

I'm loving all this footage, but what I'm really hoping for that I haven't seen discussed much is the same depth that the original had in terms of secrets. There are so many hidden quests or secrets in FF7 (Emerald & Ruby, ultimate weapons for characters, rare materia, traveler in Kalm, etc.) I'm hoping that many of the originals are included but that many more are also added which make you want to explore every single area of the game w/ a magnifying glass.

I'm a little concerned that breaking the game out into pieces like they're doing would make that more difficult, because in order to carry over unique items that players find in their own games there would need to be some sort of system like Mass Effect had where you could upload an old save game into the next game in the series. I'd like to hear more on exactly what will carry over from game to game at some point.

Top Bottom