• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Looks like their Twitter is starting to post high res pieces of concept art, so it made sense to try to potentially get a thread to consolidate & discuss them:

Translation via the English Facebook:

Check out this concept art from FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE, featuring Midgar's Sector 1.

The planet's Mako energy is extracted by the Mako Reactor (seen in the background) and used to power the city of Midgar. Alongside this is a closer in-game look at the Reactor itself.

X:neo:

Last edited:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Direct image link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_lu3HhU0AIhNco.jpg:large

EDIT: someone on Reddit posted a high-res version: https://i.redd.it/mmdouylmnoa31.jpg
mmdouylmnoa31.jpg

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Very nice, guys. I also saved a few images from the official Japanese FFVIIR site. Backgrounds and hires renders of Cloud and Aerith, but with transparent backgrounds. Enjoy!

Attachments

• cloudBack.jpg
    cloudBack.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 38
  • aerithBack.jpg
    aerithBack.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 47
  • fullCloud.png
    fullCloud.png
    454.1 KB · Views: 60
  • fullAerith.png
    fullAerith.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 57

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
[nitpicking]It looks like the "high res" version of the image is not a true "high-res" render, but an image that went through Photoshop for creating a magnified version[/nitpicking]
Otherwise...

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I keep looking at that image and am thinking it might actually be a bowl or a cup directly to the lower left of the "cock and balls", which may indicate it is actually the image of a pair of cherries.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
It depends on how and when they were constructed. There could be a kind of bricolage thing going on there. Or it could be faded sign of advertisement. Seems like a pretty daring place for graffiti, though I'm certainly not ruling that out either.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I keep looking at that image and am thinking it might actually be a bowl or a cup directly to the lower left of the "cock and balls", which may indicate it is actually the image of a pair of cherries.
Maybe it’s a ... ahem ... double entrende (no pun intended). Whatever it is it’s intriguing - more likely a concept artist’s inside joke of some sort, but at the same time not impossible to be “in-world” either.

Daws

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
L'écrivain
You can tell it's time for more footage when everyone starts debating the identity of background graffiti. It's nuts.*

*Behold, a pun.**
**Looks like that whole "I'll try my best to act normal" thing's going out the window.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
^ Slightly more differences between the concept art and in-game in this one compared to the Sector 1 Station methinks. But I guess that’s still subject to change, as @Vyzzuvazzadth pointed out there were subtle changes from the State of Play to E3 trailer just from the part where Cloud jumps off the train, and this is presumably end-game for Part 1!

Top Bottom