FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Am I just blind or is the first floor between the blue and red stairs actually missing in the in-game screenshot? The artwork does look more in line with the original regarding that detail.

Also, the right staircase and escalators are closed off, forcing us to take the left staircase. Probably forcing us to walk past the Hardy Daytona just above the red flight of stairs (E3 trailer footage).

a_apple

Pro Adventurer
AKA
orange
Am I just blind or is the first floor between the blue and red stairs actually missing in the in-game screenshot? The artwork does look more in line with the original regarding that detail.

Also, the right staircase and escalators are closed off, forcing us to take the left staircase. Probably forcing us to walk past the Hardy Daytona just above the red flight of stairs (E3 trailer footage).
Off topic question here, say bro when do we get a new vid? :3
Your stuff is so good, it almost feels like we are getting a new content update from SE themself whenever you post a new in depth analysis <3

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
^ Slightly more differences between the concept art and in-game in this one compared to the Sector 1 Station methinks. But I guess that’s still subject to change, as @Vyzzuvazzadth pointed out there were subtle changes from the State of Play to E3 trailer just from the part where Cloud jumps off the train, and this is presumably end-game for Part 1!

There are few more changes such as the lightning in the cutscene from the Scorpion Sentinel boss fight when the Scorpion shoots its laser on the bomb. Also one more change I have noticed is when the camera pans down to Aerith (Intro), the lightning there is also different. It looks like Aerith's model also have seen some changes from the State of Play to E3 as well.
acx2px.gif

- Smaller ears
- Slightly different hair (much more denser) (+ longer hair bangs)
- Smaller cheeks
- Slightly smaller chin
- The angle of her thumb

pxp

Pro Adventurer
There are few more changes such as the lightning in the cutscene from the Scorpion Sentinel boss fight when the Scorpion shoots its laser on the bomb. Also one more change I have noticed is when the camera pans down to Aerith (Intro), the lightning there is also different. It looks like Aerith's model also have seen some changes from the State of Play to E3 as well.
acx2px.gif

- Smaller ears
- Slightly different hair (much more denser) (+ longer hair bangs)
- Smaller cheeks
- Slightly smaller chin
- The angle of her thumb
Thanks - yes this was covered (and is still to be covered in more detail) by @Vyzzuvazzadth ’s latest videos, as I alluded to earlier :)

https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/e3-2019-footage-analysis.21880/

Maybe the devs actually felt pressured by the Japanese Aerith backlash in the end lol

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
There are few more changes such as the lightning in the cutscene from the Scorpion Sentinel boss fight when the Scorpion shoots its laser on the bomb.
Crap, that's something I forgot to include in my last video :/
There's so much to cover so I'm bound to miss/forget something. Such is life.

It looks like Aerith's model also have seen some changes from the State of Play to E3 as well.
I noticed that as well and I'll cover that in the upcoming character analysis video (that's not the next one, though). The best change in my opinion is her thumb, which looks more human now than it did before. Her hairstyle/bangs also moved a tad bit closer to the original version. And she looks less stretched (face/ears)

Off topic question here, say bro when do we get a new vid? :3
Your stuff is so good, it almost feels like we are getting a new content update from SE themself whenever you post a new in depth analysis <3
Can't say, though I'm in the middle of recording the script. I'm expecting a run time of possibly over 1h, so it'll take a little while longer. I highly doubt I manage to get it done by Sunday, unfortunately.
Anyway, thank you for your kind words :)

pxp

Pro Adventurer
We are all only human :P You noticed Jessie in the Scorpion Sentinel Boss Fight which I did not :P
It was such a cool spot; cos she’s basically perched in exactly the same area as in the OG, and would therefore logically have witnessed C and B tackle the Guard Scorpion in the 97 iteration, though I never really thought about it before. This is yet another example of the widening of the parameters for 7R, though staying true to the original. The fact she likely gets her leg caught from the Scorpion Sentinel’s general destruction of the area, which necessitates Cloud helping her, is the icing on the cake.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that the look is gonna be a part of helping to establish a different feel to all of the 8 districts of the upper plate. While there's lots of scaffolding and other things, it's all something that matches the "industrial city" look of Midgar really well. It still seems like the kind of thing that was build by a city planner, but there IS something about it that's different.

To me it's that the concept art it's more wide-open in the camera placement and with regard to the skyline, whereas in the screenshot, the buildings are taller and closer together to give a better sense of the slight claustrophobia that really tall buildings give that wants to draw you upwards or make you feel contained. The concept art helps see a lot more of the designs, but the building are 4 stories, and the space between the streets is about the same distance. In the screenshot, you don't see more than 4 stories, but the camera placement makes it so that you feel surrounded by it.

I think that the slums are going to look a LOT more like they've just been cobbled together with literally whatever's available, and that it'll have a very different aesthetic that doesn't give a sense that there's any city planning whatsoever, and that they're just assembled as they arose out of pure circumstance / necessity.

X :neo:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I hope I don't come off as busybody, but it can't be a different corner. Last time I checked, there was only one Loveless theatre we know of on sector 8.

They actually mentioned the building itself on the tweet and gave us an ingame-shot as comparison. It's THE iconic theatre from the intro since back the 97's, and this concept artist didn't know where he/she should place it?

giphy.gif

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
I hope I don't come off as busybody, but it can't be a different corner. Last time I checked, there was only one Loveless theatre we know of on sector 8.

They actually mentioned the building itself on the tweet and gave us an ingame-shot as comparison. It's THE iconic theatre from the intro since back the 97's, and this concept artist didn't know where he/she should place it?

giphy.gif

If it's the same street, it's an earlier concept that isn't as faithful to the original design of Midgar 8th Street, and one they didn't go with in the remake.

Top Bottom