• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVIIR Official Concept Art & Twitter Whatnots

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
I'm totally okay with that, personally. I'll be even more okay with that if he is the kind of guest character that makes you say, "Damn, that was cool." Makes his playable debut in the next part even more exciting.
See, I'm completely in the other camp; even if it's only for a relatively short portion of the story, I REALLY want the opportunity to utilize Red in combat.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Because they can't separate the character from the person talking about her? And I think people are misunderstanding me. I'm not talking for the most part about how much she'll be in the game. I get that she'll be more involved than in the original. I'm talking about people remembering her in general and not forgetting that she's a part of the game. About them not getting so caught up in the new stuff that they overlook and forget the characters that weren't shown. What I want is for her to be remembered by the players along with every other character and not forgotten.

Anyway, I hope Red will be fully playable, and Leviathan looks good!
My question for you then, is it going to matter if people don't remember her like you're wanting? And if we don't, is it going to ruin things for you?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Okay, let me join the hype train:

✩✩✩ THIS TRAILER IS BEAUTIFUL!! ✩✩✩​

Oh My God, I'm at work and my friends in here saw me fangirl like crazy (I had to do it quietly because, of course, I'm at an office with a lot of people in it) because of how perfect this is!! Oh ffs, Cloudette LMAO I mean--- I can't even express how hyper I am, I'm so sorry I look like a crazy lady right now AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!! I LOVE IT!! ♥ ♥ ♥
I'll never understand people's infatuation with crossdressing Cloud lol

It's not the part of the game I'm looking forward to the most, but I do enjoy watching him squirm uncomfortably... and then stride over to Corneo's mansion in his dress and wig. And also, you know, the Wall Market sequence was always going to present a huge challenge for SE. How to stay true to the feel of the OG while respecting today's sensibilities. From the little we've seen, they seem to have pulled it off. As someone else said somewhere, the trick was to make the comedy about Cloud rather than cross-dressing per se.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE

Silly bawdy humour really, or at least that's what I got out of it (from the OG I mean). Closest approximation I can think of is the Carry On films, UK members will perhaps know what I'm on about.

It's obviously a rather different time we live in these days though and that kind of thing absolutely won't fly. Even the "oh it's just Japan" excuse wouldn't work, Square absolutely are aware of how big this game is in the west. Tweaking things so it's in the context of a cabaret club and explicitly referring to beauty as being free from the constraints of gender is a very clever move - allows the whole subplot to still be in there, but places it in a more modern and positive light.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
1. It was actually hard for me to find the trailer because of Jairus screaming about Jessie. Dude, seriously, it’s too much.

2. I like everything about Scarlet and I like Red XIII’s voice.

3. Don’t have anything else positive to say. I’m glad y’all are happy but this really isn’t to my taste. Maybe I just don’t like trailers.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
It's not the part of the game I'm looking forward to the most, but I do enjoy watching him squirm uncomfortably... and then stride over to Corneo's mansion in his dress and wig. And also, you know, the Wall Market sequence was always going to present a huge challenge for SE. How to stay true to the feel of the OG while respecting today's sensibilities. From the little we've seen, they seem to have pulled it off. As someone else said somewhere, the trick was to make the comedy about Cloud rather than cross-dressing per se.
Exactly, the whole Cloudette thing is pure comedy, and that's what I like about it. Besides, it looks awesome in the Remake. We're going to laugh at this one for sure.

Smoothie King

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pat

To me, it's not an infatuation with that particular scene, but rather a showing of good faith by Square Enix. As a fan, we ask how far you willing to go to make this as faithful to the original as possible? So naturally, when asking that question you look to the most ridiculous scene/segment of the entire game. For me, the infatuation with that is really just a strong desire for Square Enix to allow us to relive the experience as it was all over again. Of course, there's a ton of new content (which I'm a huge fan of) that will enable the veterans to experience new stuff. The magic is in walking that tight rope between being simultaneously faithful and original. To me, that's why there's so much emphasis on that particular scene.

By the way, I've been lurking here for over a year now. I couldn't not come in and join the discussion.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
To me, it's not an infatuation with that particular scene, but rather a showing of good faith by Square Enix. As a fan, we ask how far you willing to go to make this as faithful to the original as possible? So naturally, when asking that question you look to the most ridiculous scene/segment of the entire game. For me, the infatuation with that is really just a strong desire for Square Enix to allow us to relive the experience as it was all over again. Of course, there's a ton of new content (which I'm a huge fan of) that will enable the veterans to experience new stuff. The magic is in walking that tight rope between being simultaneously faithful and original. To me, that's why there's so much emphasis on that particular scene.

By the way, I've been lurking here for over a year now. I couldn't not come in and join the discussion.

All of this.

And check out this if you haven't. ;)

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
In my case it's not infatuation, I just find it super funny. It made me giggle when I was a 13 years old girl and seeing it again in the Remake has brought a smile to my face and yes, it has made me laugh, which is the idea, I guess.
Sorry, maybe infatuation was the wrong word. I've seen many people say they would not buy the game if it wasn't included haha. It's like damn, I wonder what else they will be disappointed in if other stuff wasn't included. I do like what misterbadguy said though.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I liked tha they are going all in on Cloud crossdressing sequence.
Red XIII looks awesome.
The executives (sans Reeve) all being equal crazy evil forces of personality from the getgo I'm very excited for.
You're gonna have at least two fight with Roche before Wedge and Biggs die. That makes me happier, I feel this character will live out his purpose and die by the end of Part 1, leaving it up to SOLDIER Class Two to take up the cause of besting Cloud in swordplay in Part 2.

Not great with what I'm seeing from Jenova, Sephiroth and Aerith. This might have frontloaded the story a bit too much for me.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
1. It was actually hard for me to find the trailer because of Jairus screaming about Jessie. Dude, seriously, it’s too much.

2. I like everything about Scarlet and I like Red XIII’s voice.

3. Don’t have anything else positive to say. I’m glad y’all are happy but this really isn’t to my taste. Maybe I just don’t like trailers.

1. I didn't take it as Jairus screaming. I think he is just really passionate about having players remember lesser characters as much as the mains. People making fun of him, doesn't help the conversation though.

2. I agree

3. I didn't need anymore trailers after the 2nd one, so I'm right there with you.

For me the crossdressing is important because of two reasons.

1) It is one of the main story/gameplay factors that got me to play FFVII in the first place. In the late 90s the notion of the MAIN BADASS HERO dressing up as a lady was just unheard of for me. The fact that a video game would do something so out-of-the-box was an instant signal that I simply HAD TO PLAY THIS GAME.
2) I live vicariously through Cloud because I wish I could be as pretty in a dress (or just pretty in general). :monster:

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Ite: See my PM. There was no call to be rude, and Tres said both to leave it alone and not joke or mock it.

Cloud in a dress looks good, but it would be cool if while he's disguised, he gets asked what is name is and says, "Claire." It would be nice little nod to FFXIII and the character he inspired -
Lighting and her real name

Hojo is nicely sinister without being over the top, I like it. Red was perfect, exactly as I always imagined him. And he actually has more than one line! (looks at the Compilation)

I'm wondering when that encounter with Cloud and Sephiroth on the bridge is, because it can't be Reactor 5 - Aerith's with them, so it must be either a different reactor or someplace else.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
Sorry, maybe infatuation was the wrong word. I've seen many people say they would not buy the game if it wasn't included haha. It's like damn, I wonder what else they will be disappointed in if other stuff wasn't included. I do like what misterbadguy said though.
Not buying the game if that part wasn't included is plain exaggerated of them, but yeah, I do believe you :lol: just like I said in another Thread, this fandom is super huge and there's all kind of people in it, so yeah, it's totally possible. It's just that Cloudette/Lady Cloud is iconic and man, missing that part would've sucked tons! But there we have it, ladies and gentlemen, and it's going to be awesome!

MelodicEnigma

Pro Adventurer
Cloud in a dress looks good, but it would be cool if while he's disguised, he gets asked what is name is and says, "Claire." It would be nice little nod to FFXIII and the character he inspired -
Lighting and her real name

Lol Actually, someone pointed out that if you were to picture "Lady Cloud" with pink hair, he looks a bit like Lightning. And for the life of me, I can't unsee it now. XD

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
A question for those of you who have seen the leaks. Does the dialogue in the trailer match what was leaked?

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Regarding the Jenova fight, datamined demo spoilers for those curious:

Its name is Jenova PULSE, and its bestiary entry states that it causes hallucinations, implying that a lot of this stuff might not actually be happening. It seems that the fight occurs not long after the Sample: H0512 fight, before the escape.

A question for those of you who have seen the leaks. Does the dialogue in the trailer match what was leaked?
For the most part, though there's also stuff in the trailer that wasn't datamined. There were a few sections of the game that were missing from the demo files.

Top Bottom