FFVIIR Original Soundtrack

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
It's not on the soundtrack.

Also, we're openly mentioning spoilers outside the spoiler section now? :P
(are we planning on lifting the spoiler restriction at some point, btw?)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i wanted the limited edition one with the jukebox disc as a collectors items but time is meaningless to me now so i wasn’t keep track of the dates, and now despite it only being a few days since release it seems to be sold out and the only listings i have seen were double or more the original price

so i guess i won’t be getting it because i could accept £50-odd for 8 discs and a nice box but not £100+

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
i wanted the limited edition one with the jukebox disc as a collectors items but time is meaningless to me now so i wasn’t keep track of the dates, and now despite it only being a few days since release it seems to be sold out and the only listings i have seen were double or more the original price

so i guess i won’t be getting it because i could accept £50-odd for 8 discs and a nice box but not £100+

Only option for you is ebay, but I'm not recommending this since flippers are going rampant with prices. Sadly, such world we're living in.

ps.

My LE is stuck @ customs, and no one has touched it since Friday... Called FedEx twice, they told me "someone will call you within an hour" didn't happend. They are suposed to call me in the morning tomorrow... I'm slightly tilted by this situation - blaming CCP.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Oooo it's finally here~

The comments from the music team in the booklet are in both Japanese and English, nice. :D

edit: boo, they cut the beginning from The Valkyrie. I mean, even without it the track is almost 9 minutes already but still :wacky:

edit 2: Downloaded an mp3 from a Youtube gamerip and edited the missing minute back in the track :P
I may put a loop for the third phase of JENOVA Quickening, that track is fire and it ends too soon.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Only option for you is ebay, but I'm not recommending this since flippers are going rampant with prices. Sadly, such world we're living in.
i was slightly tempted to buy one at £130, but i have resisted out of spite. i could use that money to get stuff that is out of print because it's old like that decades old yoshitaka amano tarot card deck, and not stuff released like last week that's out of stock because they didn't make many

that eighth disc should just be part of the regular package and first print editions shouldn't be a thing because there's no point and i'm bitter

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
i was slightly tempted to buy one at £130, but i have resisted out of spite. i could use that money to get stuff that is out of print because it's old like that decades old yoshitaka amano tarot card deck, and not stuff released like last week that's out of stock because they didn't make many

that eighth disc should just be part of the regular package and first print editions shouldn't be a thing because there's no point and i'm bitter

You're totally right! I also have my eye on some Amano's artbook + old FF7 and FFVIII vinyls (500 euro sic!)

ps. my LE is still at pre-customs (7 effin' days!) in Poland where I live and I'm slowly turning into a very grimm human being. It was either lost, or stolen by someone or they don't work as they should be working. Never using FedEx again.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i have had to buy a new phone battery that i will have to install myself so i feel like someone with the 8th disc should rip the tracks for me in this trying time :sadpanda:

i need that cheesy stamp song to get me through

edit; i tried to sing it to myself and realised i was singing the muskehounds theme song all this time

have i actually heard this stamp song or did i just imagine it

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I could've sworn the music in the Shinra lobby was a Hamauzu track, it has that ambient DoC vibe but it turns out it isn't. I was also wrong about Yoshitaka Suzuki doing Scorpion Sentinel although Suzuki did a bunch of other boss tracks instead.
Anyway, I have now listened to every track on this album. It's still a banger. :monster:
Just think about all the music we're still missing out on for the next parts, hhng

msia2k75

Pro Adventurer
It's a fantastic great soundtrack... I have to say though, the name of Shotaro Shima is completely new to me and in my opinion he really stole the show with his numerous and terrific arrangement. Still can't get enough how good The Day Midgar Stood Still / Fires of Resistance are.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Considering how important the arrangers are for remaking Uematsu's original FFVII music I find it odd none of them are listed in the opening credits. I found that most people who aren't too into this stuff just see Hamauzu and Suzuki in the opening and think they were responsible for the entire OST when their job was primarily composing new music.

Top Bottom