FFVIIR TV Spot a possibility for Super Bowl?

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
A thought occurred to me recently, and I was wondering what you all thought about it. Since the remake is only a couple months away now, I wondered if SE would debut a TV spot for it during the Super Bowl. It's a huge time for commercials, and a lot of eyes will be on the game that day. The Super Bowl is known for all the high quality (and sometimes weird) commercials that air around, so I thought it might be possible that we could see our first English TV spot for FFVIIR on one of the commerical breaks during the game. It'd be cool if they surprised us like that.

Saven

Pro Adventurer
I think there's a good possibility. From what I understand, the original FFVII had a Super Bowl commercial so I don't think Square would have any problem paying the amount needed for it to be on the air. That would be the only hang up as far as producing a commercial for that event.

I would do it IMO. Lots of people played the game when they were younger and had fond memories of it both nerds and normies alike. It would be a good way to catch their attention since 1/4th of the country watches it every year.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Yeah I should read the other responses, huh? Square was really all in on FFVII back then weren't they.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The original did not have a Super Bowl commerical. Super Bowl XXXI was played on January 26 of 1997, and FFVII didn't release outside Japan until September 7. The three-month international marketing blitz for the game started in August.

... Though I suppose it's possible there was an ad in Japan during an after-airing of the game. But that wouldn't really count for the purposes of our discussion. =P

Top Bottom