FFX -Eternal Cost- and FFX -Will- (SPOILERS)

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Hi folks, I just got this sketch from another community discussing FFX in general and someone happened to find this. It kinda looks like a prototype sketch and they believe its recent. We can't make anything out of the texts though...It's somekind of Elvish...I can't read it:

O1junX4.jpg

Any help on translating it would be much appreciated. Is this something about FFX or a new setting in the world of Spira?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I read that the top pic was the guys from the audio drama and the bottom are Yuna and Tidus.

Here's the audio thing.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Oh man the OTP explosions on tumblr, etc over this. I freely admit to having one of my own (... whaat ... I'm human ... I have a heart, I have emotions, feelings ... and oh my god my feels ... oh god OTP why, etc) I have calmed down slightly though. Maybe :shifty:

One Earlier reaction simplified as simply -

What the actual flying fuck Square Enix?

Trying to be calm ... and logic/reason are trying to/have wormed their way in slightly but ... this could actually be imagined logic/reasoning to try and make some sense and order or everything revealed so far because ...
what the actual flying fuck?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Sin will never die

But who cares Tidua looks all badass like Jecht and Yuna is all magestic now, please let me play as them through the whole game!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sin will never die

But who cares

Spirans. :awesome:

But seriously, what's up with that? So much for the Eternal Calm. :monster:

I'm a tad disheartened to hear about the split between Tidus and Yuna, but I'm sure it will be a good story. Nojima has been all into that honest portrayal of relationships thing for a little while now. Maybe he decided that since X and X-2 had this undercurrent of "moving on," it would be a good place to explore the fact that romance doesn't always last forever.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
XD <3 Lex

I wish I could be surprised about this, but when the new novel's title was revealed to include "X-2.5," I saw where it was going. Plus, this is the SE of today -- they can't remake FFVII until they top it (whatever that means), but they can remake, remaster and derive from anything else.

Not that I even particularly want a VII remake (actually, I don't), but I find it funny.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I found a sketch that could be a conspiracy to milk the world of ffx once more.

I honestly feel that I need confirmation from a person on this forum first that the Japanese drama, indeed, speaks of
Yuna leaving to defeat Sin again.
What if this is just a rumor or somebody's bad joke that turned into news?

Until then, I'll refrain from laughing my ass off.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Whaaaaat?

Okay, now this is strange on many levels. I'm all for the "regular lives" thing, but it doesn't make much sense that Tidus, who saved the world with Yuna, would be "just" a Blitzball player who is sidelined because of an injury.

Also, Yuna romantically involved with someone else? Okay, this is quite silly. I know that their falling out will have serious reasons and not some petty fight but...

Either way; Square, no. You're doing it wrong... again.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I thought it looks more like Rinoa, and Squall has finally got the stick out of his ass and become a hippie :monster:

I'll get my coat.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I'm a tad disheartened to hear about the split between Tidus and Yuna, but I'm sure it will be a good story. Nojima has been all into that honest portrayal of relationships thing for a little while now. Maybe he decided that since X and X-2 had this undercurrent of "moving on," it would be a good place to explore the fact that romance doesn't always last forever.
I'm surprised, I thought Nojima left Square. Although he probably just went freelance so he was able to pursue multiple things, so I guess that makes sense.

The spoiler through me for a loop but I agreed with Tres- it's a very Nojima thing
to break up Yuna and Tidus. Just looking at the way he wrote and described Tifa and Cloud, he's more interested in exploring how hard relationships are rather just writing a love story.

That said, I don't believe for a second they will stay broken up or ambiguous. It works for Cloud and Tifa because they are very introspective characters who's relationship is more subtle then the epic, made a journey for you in FFX-2.

That said, I think it is kind of funny.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Strangely most of this didn't bother me at first. Seeing the news as it happened ... Nojima wants to make a new sequel for the FFX series, ok might be kind of interesting, this is kind of cool maybe (also wow so that's what Nojima looks like ;o), ok they've already done it/have worked on it some already, maybe it'll be far in the world's past or future and involve the FF7 connection somehow or something, wait no it's ... I see ...
Sin is back, huh, hmmm, Auron had a daughter or something, ok might be kind of cool if done right, wonder how that happened, would like to see the explanation, Auron's daughter hmm, wait didn't I read this fanfic?, uh huh, mmm hmm, I see, I see interesting, this and that happens ... Yuna and Tidus broke up ... Yuna and Tidus ... WHAAAAAT!!!???!!!! :faint:

I know, what Tres is saying and all that jazz but
I don't want to move on from Yuna and Tidus. I'm not ready :(

Ok, also apparently that promotional video thing that was in the other topic, about farewells and things, that was part of Square Enix's couple day, apparently they had a FF couple day/couple day in general, where couples could come and get their pictures taken and stuff. I haven't been able to find too much stuff on it though it would be interesting to know which FF couples they used at the event and stuff, if there were stuffs like that there, that kind of thing.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I honestly feel that I need confirmation from a person on this forum first that the Japanese drama, indeed, speaks of
Yuna leaving to defeat Sin again.
What if this is just a rumor or somebody's bad joke that turned into news?

Until then, I'll refrain from laughing my ass off.

I won't try to decipher the whole thing, but
at the end, amidst all those wails and lamentations, Yuna definitely says "I will defeat Sin. I must defeat Sin." Granted, that was a line in the first game, but I took that for the point -- i.e., that it's a callback to that as she sets out to do it again.

As contrived as it might be, I might become curious about the revival of Sin if Yu Yevon has somehow become a human again, rather than the mindless tick devoted to summoning that he was in the final battle in FFX. I always wanted to MEET the final boss, instead of just that tick. If Tidus, who is essentially a dream, can become A REAL BOY, then why not a human resurrection of Yu Yevon?

If they go with that direction, I'll give Square and/or Nojima plus points. Contrived resurrection, yes, but it'd give me something I genuinely want.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I still dont understand why bring Sin back. I mean his ass was kicked already, surely another being or entity within Spira can re awaken?

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
God damn it SE! So instead of giving the majority what they want (VII remake) you're going to keep making sequels of every other FF game?!!

Top Bottom