FFX -Eternal Cost- / -Price of Eternity- Translation

Pixel

The Pixie King
Page reserved as index page

Final_Fantasy_X-25_cover_zpsce5ce504.jpg

Pixel

The Pixie King
Stil working though this, its pretty rough. Im still unsure if its written in first person. It starts third person, but I think it switches to first. Dont take this as an accurate translation yet

Chapter 1

Tidus was surrounded by darkness. He held his knees as he drifted off. Suddenly, an image appeared at the back of his mind. What caught his eye wasn’t clear. From the start, he was uncertain whether it was a scene from his memory.

A man with long hair hanging down his broad back, snuggling with a beautiful, slender woman. They were his parents, now already gone. One day his father disappeared, and his mother died of overwhelming with loneliness. The pain he felt in his heart that day, knowing that he couldn't console his mother, was revived.

The next moment, Tidus was in a huge crowd. He responded to the lovely voices with a proud smile. How could he heal the emotional scars? It seemed to be able to heal the emotional scars. He thought it was strange, but as he surrendered his body to the comfort, that doubt melted away.

An enormous monster attacked his city, Zanarkand. He thought it was strange that he was confused and running away, scared.

(Okay. I just came here to call you, that’s all)

Before long, Tidus was swimming in the sea of Spira, and arrived on land. He was bewildered at how completely different this world was to home. The kindness of the people, the gentle touch, he regained his smile somehow. He made friends, and decided to journey with them. He brandished a sword, and fought against fiends.

Then he realised, he was in love. On the day that they confirmed their feelings for eachother, they realised it was a love that could never be. He resisted, because he didn't want to accept their fate, it was unbearable.

I saw a sea of clouds. It’s a memory of the day I left Spira.

He was on his back. The deck of the airship, I summed up the courage, ran, and leapt.

My heart ached like it had been torn out.

(Yuna)

That sound, I shook my head.

(Yuna, I’m back!)

His vision became clear. The darkness that blurred the boundaries became clear. There was an actual feeling, separate from the chaos draped in darkness

(Let’s go!)

He got fired up, and kicked in the darkness. His body got a little closer to Yuna's world.

He felt the boundary approaching overhead. The boundary between "here" and "there". He could see a flickering wall of light, it was a symbol of the gorgeous world. Up to the top. He was swimming more triumphantly than ever.

(So bright...)

Breaking through the wall, it was a world of blue and white. He winced as he felt the thick air passing through his nose to his lungs. He had completely forgotten the excitement brought by his sense of smell.

Spread out in front of him was the ocean. As he thought about the vastness, he felt something huge wriggling under his feet. The darkness was alive. It hadn't crossed until just then. If he wasn't careful, he could be pulled back.

(Let’s go. I’ve come back)

As he looked around, there was Besaid Island. Just like when he saw it for the first time, at the centre was a hill that rose up, like a green triangle. Surrounded by a sandy beach, washed by waves.

He whistled with his fingers toward the empty beach.

There was no answer, but his heart felt at ease. The information gathered from all five senses was entirely real. Even if there was no reply, from his experience, it was a feeling of comfort.

He swam in the shallows, facing toward the beach. Who would be first he saw.

(Yuna... Where…?)

Just then, a deafening roar filled the sky.

A brightly painted, purple airship approached from the sky. He unintentionally ran away. As the airship circled overhead, the hatch at the bottom opened.

Yuna couldn't wait any longer, and leapt out from the inside.

She used the hatch like a slide, and quickly leapt to the surface of the water. Her cheerful attire was a surprise. It was the first time he saw it. For just a moment, he thought that she was different from the Yuna he knew. But, as she ran, the joy in her eyes that he knew erased that niggling feeling. That moment, the joy overtook Tidus' heart, ........
Foot reached part not

"...Are you real?"

After hesitating, Yuna prepared herself, and asked.

"I think so."

I wanted to give her an answer. Yuna slowly separated from my body, and looked for the right answer. Well, she was probably looking for something wrong.

"Do I pass?"

"Uh huh... You're back."

I was relieved.

"I am back."

As I said that, I drew closer and hugged Yuna. Well, she clung to me. When Yuna isn't sure,

"I'm home."

I repeated it a few times in her ear. Before long, Yuna's hand was around my waist, and she responded with “Welcome home”.

"Hey!" It was a distant voice "Get a room, you two!"

(Wakka!)

When I looked, the small cove was full of people. Wakka, Lulu, and many of the villagers.

“Who asked you to watch, Wakka!?”

Tidus took Yuna's hand and started running toward Wakka. From now on, recent, moreover, my life took over the fun parts of ,,,,,, When he thought so, he was excited.

"You know, you've changed."

"Well, you've missed a few things."

It was an obvious answer. But even if her story is content , they joined hands with a smile now,

"I wanna hear everything!"

-

The people of the village had been waiting for Yuna, who had been away from the village for a while. Of course, Tidus was only greeted by the few people he was familiar to. Datto, Letty, Botta, Jassu, Keepa... All of the good old Besaid Aurochs.

As we shared the joy of the reunion, Wakka proudly held out a baby in his arms.

"This is my child. Inami. Cute, ya?"

"Yeah! Your’s, eh? Who gave birth?”

"I did."

A defiant voice answered from behind. When I looked back, the first thing that caught my eye was a full bosom. It was Lulu.

"After all, he is beautiful."

Lulu laughed slightly, and took the baby from Wakka.

“Don’t want him exposed to sea air, huh?”

"He's an island kid. Anyway..."

“I can’t say I’m looking forward to the tide starting.”

"Oh boy..."

Now now, Tidus laughed as he butted in.

「とにかく、おめでとう。てかさあ、結局そういうこと? やっぱりくっついた? 俺が思ったとおり!」
"Anyway, congrats. .......You finally got together? I knew it!"

「そうね。あまりにもありがちで、時々嫌になるわね」
"Yup. Honestly ……it gets difficult sometimes

"Hey hey!

"So?"Lulu asked Tidus, ignoring Wakka. "Will you be here for a while?”

"…I'd like to, if I can."

I became a little uneasy.

"Oh, don't get me wrong. Of course, you are welcome..."

Lulu looked around. People had started to move along.

"Let's go to the village for now."

Wrapping the baby up in the blanket, covering his chin, Lulu joined the people heading to the village. Naturally, her child was her top priority. Even though he understood it, Tidus felt a tinge of loneliness.

"Yo, let's go.”

Wakka patted Tidus on the shoulder familiarly.

On the way to the village, the Aurochs talked to Tidus about being a substitute.

What happened to the team during their time together, was thanks to him. Gotto and Keepa had improved, which made him proud. New people had even moved to Besaid Island to join the team, because they were so impressed. It seemed it was the tournament that Tidus participated in that started it.

They arrived at the village in around half an hour.

"We should have a party this evening. The elders will organise it. You'll help, of course. Win them over. Make a good impression. If you want to take a rest, you can use that tent."

Lulu pointed to the largest tent in the village. It was the lodgings that seemed ....corps/group

"Why are you guys

"Life is great. It's that kind of era. Then, there's Yuna's room in the temple... The same place as before."

"Huh!?"

Wakka teased him as he carried the firewood for the party. Tidus felt his cheeks turning red.

"Wait." Lulu spat out coldly. "No there. Refrain from doing anything wrong. At least until Yuna introduces you to their elders. Also, regardless of the introduction, what everyone thinks of you depends on your conduct. After Yuna retired, the temple lost its function, since she was at its heart. Don't forget that. Even Yuna herself can't live freely."

Lulu shrugged. The baby wriggled around in her arms.

"...Yuna isn't happy?"

"Come on. Listen to this guy.”

"That story, Yuna deceived

As Tidus said it, Lulu had an expression like she was impressed.

“As far as I see it, 50/50. She felt responsible for what happened, but she was suffocating in this village. So she flew around all over with Rikku."

"She did what?"

"Sure, ask her for yourself. Anyway, don’t embarrass Yuna."

"Roger."

After leaving Lulu's tent, Tidus spent more time with the Besaid Aurochs.

Yuna was in front of the temple, but he couldn't reach her to talk to her. Everybody wanted to talk to Yuna, so he didn’t want to disturb her.

Of course, she can also find a reason to excuse herself. But I don’t have as much empathy as her. That’s Yuna. Her kindness is a strength, but sometimes… I’m being unsympathetic.

Even Yuna should want to speak to him, with Wakka undertaking, she faced the discussion, The elders stubbornly didn’t want to let go of the High Summoner.

“So what, we’re being cautious.”

「警戒って。あのさ、俺って、ユウナのガードだったわけだよな。結果だって出した。それなりに有名で、実は尊敬されてるってことはないわけ?」
“Cautious... You know, I was one of Yuna’s guardians. I got results. Consequences even …… I’m famous in my own way, you don’t respect that?”

“You said it yourself.”

非難がましい声に振り返るとりュックがいた。

大胆に露出した肌が小麦色に焼けて、記憶の中よりも精悍だった。
………… skin exposed is burnt light brown, was more fearless than in my memory.

「やっほー! ひっさしぶり!」
“Hey!

As Rikku finished her noisy greeting, she looked back, and called to someone behind her. She was a woman with a dignified expression, with slicked back hair on both sides. Her whole body was covered from top to bottom in black. Compared to Rikku, she seemed grown up.

“This is Paine. Here, Yuna and I joined her group.”

「あんたのことはユウナから聞いている。いやってほどね」
“I heard about you from Yuna. …………..

Paine watched Tidus in judgement.

“It’s been about two years. And yet…”

Rikku stared at Tidus, and put her face close to touching the tip of his nose.

Two years… It’s been that long? The pit of my stomach became heavy. From how the conversation was going, they were fairly prepared for this day.

“You haven’t changed at all.”

I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry at those words. Without making a decision, Tidus just laughed.

“Even then…” As he looked at Rikku, trying to tell him that he hadn’t changed, she suddenly emphasised her chest with both arms on her hips. On the other side, Yuna was visible.

“…I haven’t changed.”

I said without much thought. Like Yuna. Other than her taste in clothes, what’s changed?

“Yes, look here. My turn to speak.” Rikku said while pouting her lips. “Somehow, you seem different.”

“Didn’t you just say I haven’t changed?”

「それは見た目の話。中身は変わった気がするな。前は、もっときあ、馬鹿っぽくて、その代わりに人なつこかったよね?」
“I’m talking about appearance. I think that has changed. You seem like even more of an idiot than before, but ……………

“I can be.”

It was a serious objection, but Rikku didn’t seem to have noticed. After laughing for a while, she started telling me what happened the last two years.

“The Truth Movement”, “Sphere Hunters”, and “The Gullwings”… I first heard it while while putting questions, but Rikku talked about funny incidents and names I didn’t know, so he gradually became irritated.

“It was so much fun!”

“What? Isn’t that a little thorny?”

“I don’t know anything you’re saying. I mean, it’s kinda frustrating… Even though I haven’t seen her in two years, why haven’t we spoken? What did I do?”

“…Give me a break.”

Paine just sighed and laughed at the edge of her mouth. It wasn’t meant to be a joke. So, I don’t know what she’s talking about.

“But it was nice to see her happy. I felt responsible for her crying all the time that you had dissappeared.”

As she said it lightly, Rikku furrowed her eyebrows.

「泣くっていうか、わたしは腹が立ったな。なにコレ、どういうことって。君に何が起こっていたのか----どうしていなくならなくちゃダメだったのか、後から聞いてなんとか納得したけど」
“I mean cry, and was angry. ……what do you mean? What happened to you?... Why didn’t she hear from you

“Hey…

“Yuna…” Paine butted in, talking to herself. “I enjoyed the activities of the Gullwings. But not all of them, I thought that maybe we overdid it. Like Sphere Hunter or the concert, but I thought that she was serious about those, after all, that was the point… it was fulfilling. In order to find you. In order to forget you. I didn’t know which.”

“Me?”

“Yeah, I mean, Yuna took the opportunity to get out of this village, because you appeared in a sphere.”

“Huh?”

“Shuyin, the boy, and his sweatheart, Lenne. She was a sunnoner around 1000 years ago, and a popular singer at the same time. Something happened between the two of them, Shuyin looked just like you. Yuna even thought that the person might be you… she hoped to see you again… but he was different in the end.”

“Though he was different, we stuck our necks out, and had to fight against a machine weapon from 1000 years ago.”

“1000 years…”

He thought it was an amazing story. Spisa’s common sense was very different from Tidus’ common sense. Tidus started to speak, but fell silent.

“Well, that’s what I thought, but it all happened before our eyes, so we had to accept. What? What do you mean? I thought we were gonna die.”

Rikku strained her neck and stuck out her tongue.

“The giant mechanical weapon, Vegnagun was revived. It was pretty difficult, but we managed to take care of it…”

Paine looked at Tidus, narrowing her eyes.

“Eh?”

“According to Yuna, as a reward for saving Spira, she was told the Faith would return you.”

“You mean, the fact that I’m back is thanks to the Faith?”

“Yuna did her best!”

Rikku chastised him loudly. Her voice could be heard all around. Conversations around them stopped, the silence spread like waves. All eyes gathered on them. The condemning glares of the elders surrounding Yuna were painful.

My eyes met Yuna’s.

Sorry… he mouthed the word. Consequently, afterwards… it worked.

I was happy. But I thought that I should convey my remaining frustration, and shrugged my shoulders. Then Yuna, oh so sincerely repeated it. An old woman looked back and forth at Tidus and Yuna, and furrowed her brow. As Yuna was scolded, I got impatient. Flustered, I nodded my head several times.

But the “Later” couldn’t come soon enough.

Joined by people speaking harshly, Yuna was told by one of the old people that she should change her clothes, and led her away into the temple. Eventually, I just went back to Rikku with an ambiguous smile.

I spoke for a while with the three of them. I was told what has happened “since then” and what Kimahri Ronso’s been up to. They told me about the Al Bhed Machina Faction, the Youth League and New Yevon,

It was frustrating enough hearing them telling him about Yuna singing in a concert.

Tidus passed on that, It was different from the serious urged toward death. They risked death, but it sounded like an exciting adventure.

“What? Grumpy?”

“Not really.”

“But you spoke so harshly!”

Rikku was starting to get angry, and told them she was going back to the airship. Pain asked him to tell Yuna that they were going back in a few days, and Tidus half-heartedly waved her off.

The worst loneliness was felt by people busily moving around. He wasn’t able to stay, and escaped to a tent, and lay down. As the sky over the tent became darker as I tossed an turned, fighting idle thoughts. The party was scheduled after nightfall. It must be starting soon. Tidus dreamt while holding the pillow, that Yuna apologetically came to get him.

But it was Wakka who appeared.

“When the fishing boat gets back, we‘ll help carry the fish. That’s my job. You’re coming too.”

-

On the way, Wakka brought up the topic of Blitzball until the boat arrived in the cove. Then he raced to the beach, and started talking to Keepa. It was a provocative expression. Tidus agreed, but thinking as he quickly ran down the hill, it was Yuna as usual.

By now, she must be looking for me. I should be in the village…

“Tidus, slow down!”

Someone shouted.

I would have run at full speed, but I realised, it was just Wakka behind me.

“Hey, It’s night already! You’ll fall, don’t be silly!”

“Wakka,” Answered a members up ahead. “Please, stop. You’re injured.”

He laughed loudly at Wakka’s voice.

「おまえら、止まれ!」
“You, stop!”

He struggled to keep up, because he seemed to try to stop the foot of the team. Wakka slowed Tidus down by improvising a strategy, and he eventually stopped.

“Wakka, I’m really retired.”

I was teasing him. The sweaty Wakka nodded as he tried to catch his breath, and started walking.

「おまえと一緒に出たルカの大会----二年も前だ----あれで引退する計画だった。話したよな? 実際、引退したつもりで、あれからコーチとしてチームを見ていた。で、次の大会で派手に負けてな。ずっと負け続け続った頃はなんとも思わなかったけど、あの惨敗は悔しかった。俺だけじゃない。全員だ。それで、かなり本格的にトレーニングをしたんだ。練習漬けの毎日よ。村の連中も仕事の割り振りを加減してくれて、俺らをブリッツに専念させてくれてよ。おかげで、どんどん上達した。もう違う次元に来たって感じだな。でな、ダットやレッティたちを見ていたら俺もやっぱり選手に戻りたいって思うようになった。でもほら、ちょうどユウナがカモメ団とか言い出して、バタバタして、ルーのお腹はどんどんでかくなるし、それに村の世話役みたいな感じになっちまって----やる気は誰にも負けないし、ま時まだ若い。でも----」
“You joined us for the tournament in Luca… two years ago… It was my plan to retire after that. ………

わかるだろ、とワッカは肩をすくめた。決断できない性格は変わっていないようだ。

「で、毎日ルーに叱られてるわけよ」
“So Lu scolds me everyday.”

ワッカは照れて頭を掻いた。オーラカはずっと先に行ってしまい、気配も消えてしまった。

失われ佳二年間を思いながら歩いていると、ワ ッカが遠慮がちに肩を抱いてきた。

(あ?)
(Oh?)

ワッカはこういうスキンシップの取り方をしただろうか。記憶を探りながらその腕に促されるままに "滝の道" と呼ばれる、島の外周を巡る道を下った。崖の上から落さる滝がふりまく霧雨のような水で全身が濡れた。やがてワッカの手が頭に移動して、髪を掻き回した。さすがにおかしい。

「なん!」
“What!?”

ティーダは乱暴に手を払った。
Tidus swung his hands wildly.

「悪い。確認したかった」

本当に済まなそうな顔をしていた。

「おまえ、本物なんだよな? 異界のアレみたいに、幻じゃないんだよな?」
“You’re real? Kind of a Farplane, you’re not an illusion?”

「そのつもりだけど。もちろん、本物の方」
“I don’t think so. Of course I’m a real person.”

「だよなぁ!」

ワッカは取り繕うように豪快な声を出して笑った。
Wakka laughed out loud to cover it.

だが、ティーダは "異界のアレ" のことが気になっていた。
But Tidus became worried about “the Farplane”.

念じれば、死者が姿を現し、会話さえできるという場所----異界。初めて異界へ行った時のことを思い出す。促されるままに母親のことを考え、確かに母親の姿を見た。自分も、あの時の母親と同じ "異界のアレ" ----そんなことがあるだろうか?

「あれ、やっぱり幻ってことなのか?」
“Then, was it an illusion after all?”

「幻としては本物だ」
“It was as real as the illusion.”

「はあ?」
“Huh?”

「本物とか幻とか考えたことはなかったけどな。でも、今じゃ、異界詣でをした奴の頭ン中に幻光虫が反応して、会いたいと願った相手の姿になるって説明に納得している。会話も呼び出した側が勝手に作ってるんだ。だから、相手は、こっちが聞きたいことしか言わない。励ましてほしいと思ったら励ましてくれるし、叱ってほしいと思ったら厳しく叱る」

「へえ----」
“Really…”

ワッカらしくない、わかりやすい説明だ。ティーダは不意に理解した。
Wakka didn’t seem to understand the explanation. Tidus suddenly understood.

この、親切だが融通のきかない年上の友人は、幼い頃から信じてきたエボンの教えが欺瞞だったことを知ってしまった。それでも、人生は続く。心の拠り所などなくしても、生きていかねばならない。ワッカは、残りの人生を歩むために、世界を、エボンの教え抜きで理解しようと努めたのだろう。それが、この明快な答えの正体なのだ。

「ここはビサイド。異界じゃないだろ? ってことは、俺は本物ッス」
“Here on Besaid. It’s not the Farplane? I am real.”

言いながらティーダはワッカの脇腹を摘まんだ。わざとらしい悲鳴を上げながら、ワッカは駆け出した。

Pixel

The Pixie King
Haha, I was going through, wondering why they have a rucksack リュック, then reallised it's Rikku. Makes alot more sense than Yuna travelled around with a rucksack and a pine :P

and
The noisy rucksack stopped making noise,
even compared to the rucksack, she seemed grown up.

Pixel

The Pixie King
32 chapters, split into 3 sections. Boy's Side, Girl's Side, and Boy&Girl. It's not as long as the Turks novel. First chapter is about 20 pages long. Im hoping the rest are shorter. :P

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Looking forward to what you will have for us Pixel, thanks so much. If I get this new job I'm trying for, I'll be sure to donate your way

Pixel

The Pixie King
I've updated what I have so far. Just be warned, take the translation with a pinch of salt. It's a work in progress. There are things wrong, which I'll do my best to figure out, like with the Turks novel.

Top Bottom