• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[FFXV lore thread] Loading screen info

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
As part of my ongoing project to record all of the game's lore, I've been making a record of all the loading screen information I come across. You can see the results of this below, but I know I'm missing at least a couple of these, possibly more.

As you'll see below -- if you didn't already know -- some of the terms update with new information. And some of the screens are just terribly rare.

I know I saw one for the Royal Tombs at some point before I started making an effort to save these (my own mistake there), and I know one exists for the Empire of Niflheim. I've seen a clear screenshot of its Japanese version (link here) and a poor quality photograph of the English rendition (link here).

I can't make out all of what it says, but I think I can glean --

"The Empire of Niflheim
A [????] that controls the greater part of the world, driven by the ancient might of magitek."

[EDIT: Both The Royal Arms and The Empire of Niflheim searches are resolved!]

Feel free to contribute to this if you have seen any screens I've missed. Thanks!

Loading screen info from the main game
The Kingdom of Lucis
Noctis's homeland, a sanctified kingdom blessed with the divine Crystal and sacred ring.
----

The Empire of Niflheim
A war-machine that controls the greater part of the world, driven by the arcane might of magitek.
----

The Former Territory of Tenebrae
A diminutive state ruled by the line of Oracles, brought under imperial control twelve years ago.
----

The Accordo Protectorate
An island nation known for the beauty of its water-bound capital, Altissia. Though annexed by the empire in the war 150 years ago, it retains its own government.
----

Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII
Father to Prince Noctis and 113th King of Lucis. Ever since the Crystal anointed the young prince as the Chosen, Regis spent the next fifteen years nurturing Noctis not as the future king, but as his beloved son.
----

Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII
The 113th king of Lucis met an untimely end in an unanticipated attack on the Citadel. Though he put up a fierce resistance against his aggressors, supporting the Wall around Insomnia sapped him of his strength, and his debilitated state contributed to his demise.
----

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Prince Noctis's betrothed, Lady Lunafreya met her now fiancé as a young girl when he visited her home of Tenebrae. Unable to pronounce her name in full, the boy prince once advertently called her "Luna," and the abbreviation stuck.
----

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Though Lunafreya and Noctis have not met in the twelve years since the imperial conquest of Tenebrae, they've maintained a correspondence all the while by means of a notebook passed back and forth.
----

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
At the tender age of 16, Lunafreya completed her ascension as the youngest Oracle in history. Her unfaltering faith in the gods and undying devotion to protecting the planet has won her the love and admiration of men and women the world over.
----

Iris Amicitia
Gladio's little sister was just a student in high school when the Crown City fell. She has harbored an innocent crush on Noctis since she was a little girl, but in her heart, Iris knows her fantasy can never become reality.
----

Aranea Highwind
Her own loyalties owing to money alone, the imperial commodore would sooner trust sly mercenaries than mechanical magitek troopers. Highwind's unsavory ties to Biggs and Wedge date back to their teenage days.
----

Cor Leonis
Miraculous military exploits earned the legendary Lucian Crownsguard captain the moniker of "the Immortal," but since the fall of Insomnia, the name serves as a mocking reminder that he outlives the liege he swore to protect. Leonis now guides Noctis and company as an act of penitence.
----

Pryna and Umbra
The Oracle's canine companions Pryna and Umbra—female and male respectively—serve as delivery dogs, relaying messages between Lunafreya and Noctis. Although they manifest themselves as a pair of white and black pups, they are in actuality Messengers boasting mystical powers of their own.
----

Gentiana
A Messenger of the gods, this enigmatic lady in black recognizes Lunafreya's unparalleled potential and reveals unto the young Oracle her true calling to guide the Chosen King.
----

The Hexatheon
Also known as "The Six," the gods take center stage in many myths featured in the Cosmogony.

• Titan, the Archaean
• Ramuh, the Fulgurian
• Leviathan, the Hydraean
• Shiva, the Glacian
• Ifrit, the Infernian
• Bahamut, the Draconian
----

Ardyn Izunia
The imperial chancellor's precipitous rise to power began in the war thirty years ago, as the advent of magitek infantry proposed by Izunia lifted Niflheim's forces to numerous victories and caught the eye of the emperor.
----

Iedolas Aldercapt
Emperor of the Niflheim Empire. Once beloved as a just ruler, the war changed him, and his newfound lust for power came to instill fear—not fondness—in the hearts of his subjects.
----

The Crystal
The source of magic and prosperity in Lucis, it is prophesied that, when darkness threatens the world, the Crystal will choose its champion—the King of Light. That King is Noctis, who was marked at the tender age of five.
----

The Ring of the Lucii
Passed down through the line of Lucian kings, the ring empowers those of the blood and smites the unworthy. Its whereabouts is unknown since the death of King Regis.
----

The Ring of the Lucii
Harboring the souls of Lucian rulers of old, the ring allows its wear to channel the power of the Crystal—but drains away one's life.
----

The Royal Arms
Weapons once wielded by the Lucian rulers of yore, each possessing supernatural powers capable of suppressing even the deadliest of daemons. The arms now lie in tombs around Eos, resting alongside their former owners.
----

The Oracle
Divine priestess of the gods, charged with watching over the planet.
----

Daemons
Vicious creatures, they appear in the dead of night, seeking their next unsuspecting victims. These ferocious fiends fear only the light of the sun and the holy aura of the havens.
----

Daemons
Appellation of organisms infected by a mutant strain of Plasmodium malarae. Once introduced into a body, the photophobic parasites exert full control, rapidly distorting physiology and manipulatng behavior so as to render their hosts' original forms virtually indiscernible while also dispersing a light-absorbing miasma.
----

The Starscourge
A plague that has afflicted the denizens of Eos since antiquity. The plasmodia responsible for the contagion mutated from insect-borne malarial parasites that had incubated within human hosts.
----

Revelations
Trials of mysterious nature by which the Six judge the Chosen King's worthiness.
----

Covenants
Rites by which the Oracle rouses the slumbering gods and entreats their aid.
----

Elemancy
Elemancy is a special power linked to Lucian royalty. Noctis can extract elemental energy from deposits around the continent, collect it in magic flasks, and craft spells his allies can also use.
----

Fodina Caestino
Once rich in resources, this mine fell out of use in recent years, and now serves as little more than a watering hole for wild beasts. According to Cor, however, a royal tomb lies in the quarry's depths, waiting to be uncovered.
----

Cartanica Station
A freight stop in the middle of the Succarpe region offers little in the way of leisure for passengers, but it provides the perfect cover for Noct and his retinue to run a necessary errand.
----

Eusciello
The deserts of the western continent have long been littered with imperial armories and outposts. The slaying of the Glacian, however, gave birth to a paradoxical phenomenon: snow fields and sand dunes coexisting mere miles apart. Noctis and his friends would be wise to flee this treacherous terrain posthaste.
----

Ghorovas Rift
A frozen ravine where the fallen Shiva lies, a solitary railroad carved through its unforgiving snowscape. With Biggs and Wedge driving, the train makes its slow and steady way toward the imperial capital.
----

Zegnautus Keep
The height of imperial might, this flying megafortress houses the Crystal of Lucis in its uppermost level. Yet for all its imposing vastness, it appears utterly devoid of human presence.
----

Zegnautus Keep (Chapter 13, Verse 2 version)
At long last, the group infiltrates the imperial capital of Gralea, only to lose their king behind enemy lines. Gladiolus and Ignis storm Zegnautus Keep in pursuit of Noctis.
----

Skill: Fishing
Noctis's area of expertise. He often enjoys angling at special spots near rivers and lakes. His skills improve with every fish he catches.
----

Skill: Cooking
Ignis's area of expertise. He is almost solely responsible for preparing camp meals. His skills improve with every dish he makes.
----

Skill: Photography
Prompto's area of expertise. He takes memorable shots of the famous sights he and his friends visit on their journey. His skills improve with every picture he takes.
----

Skill: Survival
Gladiolus's area of expertise. He scavenges the field and picks up useful items at the end of a fight. His skills improve the more he walks around.
----

Camp
When you make camp at a haven, your EXP is tallied and the four friends enjoy a meal. Tallying EXP is required in order to increase characters' levels. Status boosts earned from meals take effect the next morning. Both aspects are vital for surviving the adventure.
----

Restaurants
Restaurants serve up not only meals, but information, too. When you arrive in a new town, seek out the local eatery to learn the lay of the land and ask about hunting jobs.
----

Lodgings
Gil is required to rest at lodgings in towns and at outposts. Characters receive a bonus when tallying EXP, so lodgings are a wise choice when you want to level up quickly. However, status-boosting meals are not served.
----

Car Audio
Play the albums you've purchased from shops while driving. Hold down
to jump between albums.
----

Car Audio
Press [down] to toggle between standard, single-track repeat, and shuffle play.
----

Chocobos
Riding a chocobo is much faster than traveling by foot, and proves quite useful in terrain too rough for road vehicles.
----

Protip: Chocobo Races
Check where your competitors are on the minimap, and get in their way to protect your lead.
----

Knowing the hills, curves, and hoops of your course is the surest path to victory.
----

Keep an eye on your stamina gauge to keep your chocobo running.
----

Quests
There are two kinds of quests: main quests and sidequests. Main quests advance the story while sidequests promote exploration and offer additional bonuses. Adjust your active quest from the main menu.
----

Hunts
Bounty hunts can be undertaken at restaurants. More often than not, the bounty in question is far more dangerous than the local beasts. However, successful hunts provide extra EXP and gil, so they are worth the added challenge.
----

Stamina
ST represents stamina, which Noctis consumes when he performs actions such as sprinting and point-warping. When the stamina bar runs out, it takes some time to replenish.
----

HP
Health Points (HP) are a measure of a character's health. When a character's maximum HP drops to zero, they will fall in battle.
----

MP
Noctis consumes Magic Points (MP) when he performs actions such as blade-warping and phasing through attacks. When MP runs out, it takes some time to replenish, so keep an eye on the remaining amount and use it with caution.
----

EXP
Experience points (EXP) are awarded for defeating foes and completing quests. However, the experience is not applied automatically; characters must rest in order to level up.
----

Ability Points
Ability Points (AP) are received when leveling up and completing quests, and are used to unlock new abilities. The points are shared among all four friends, so it is possible to give one character an instant and dramatic boost.
----

Equipping Spells
Much like weapons and armor, crafted spells must also be equipped in order to use them. Spells are consumables, but they are very powerful. One would do well to always have at least one spell equipped.
----

Game Over
The game ends when Noctis's maximum HP falls to zero. You can then load your most recent save or simply return to the title screen.
----

Loading screen info from Episode Gladiolus
FINAL FANTASY XV
After suffering a humbling defeat at the hands of Ravus, Gladiolus embarks on a journey of self-discovery. His destination: the Tempering Grounds, where he seeks to undertake a trial of body and mind that has heretofore afforded but a sole survivor.
----

FINAL FANTASY XV
Son of a less-than-affluent household, Cor enlisted in the Crownsguard at the tender age of 13. His impressive physical prowess earned him the respect of his superiors as well as a position as one of King Mors's personal bodyguards, making then 15-year-old Cor the youngest to ever serve on royal security detail.
----

Long ago, the traitorous Ifrit waged war against the rest of the Hexatheon. Many moons passed as the embittered battle raged on, culminating in a clash between Bahamut and Ifrit in which the latter was laid asunder atop the Rock of Ravatogh. Taelpar Crag, the grand gorge dividing Duscae and Cleigne, exemplifies the severity of the War of the Astrals while also symbolizing the rift that separated the Six.
----

The Hunters inadvertently discovered the Tempering Grounds some thirty years ago while on a separate expedition. Thought to have been constructed in the kingdom's incipient stages, these caves have long since fallen into ruin. None inhabit these halls but the souls of warriors who once served the line of Lucis and now eagerly await a new challenger.
----

Successfully land strikes to boost Gladiolus's valor. When his valor is high, he can channel this energy to perform one of his Glaive Arts and deal heavy damage across a wide area. The higher his valor, the stronger the art he can perform.
----

Gladiolus will earn more points with each successful strike. Land a powerful Glaive Art while the bonus multiplier is high to boost your score.
----

Circle behind enemies and blindside them to deal more damage. If Cor is nearby, he may team up with Gladiolus to perform a powerful link-strike.
----

Block incoming attacks just as they land to stagger enemies, creating an opportunity for Gladiolus to deliver a devastating counterstrike.
----

When Gladiolus is thrown backward by an enemy attack, press ⬜ just before hitting the ground to break your fall.
----

While locked onto an enemy, tilt [L stick] down and press ○ to launch your greatsword, or hold ○ to gather your strength and perform a powerful horizontal slash.
----

Loading screen info from Episode Prompto
Final Fantasy XV
A schism splits the royal retinue when Noctis inadvertently pushes Prompto from atop a speeding freight liner. Seemingly betrayed by his best friend, Prompto suppresses feelings of sadness and trudges through the snow in search of answers.
----

Raised in a common Lucian household, the often despondent Prompto enjoyed little familiarity with his adoptive parents. A chance encounter with Crown Prince Noctis inspired a change of heart, however: he began to better himself in order to impress and ultimately befriend his royal classmate.
----

Aranea's natural aptitude for airborne combat helped her soar to new heights both literally and figuratively. Magitek lance in hand, she rose through the ranks just as easily as she rose through the air in combat, earning her the official title of "commodore" and the unofficial nickname of "dragoon."
----

Research Chief Verstael Besithia made a name for himself by almost single-handedly engineering a method to mass produce a magitek infantry. His rice to prominence also exacerbated his descent into madness, however, and his once-held hopes for a peaceful world have warped into a lust for power and a desire to wreak destruction.
----

Magitek troopers are cybernetic combatants born from the research of Chief Verstael Besithia, who built upon the magiteknology of the lost civilization of Solheim. Besithia discovered that, by injecting humans with the plasmodium parasite and sumblimating these daemonified men and women, he could harness the resultant miasma into central processing units known as magitek cores and create an army of his own.
----

Sneak up behind an enemy undetected to perform a stealth-kill and steal their weapon in the process.
----

Press △ when an enemy is vulnerable to deliver a devastating crackshot.
----

Approach a vulnerable enemy to deliver an overkill strike and steal their weapon in the process.
----

Hold ⬜ to take cover and hide yourself behind low objects.
----

Fire at flammable objects around the facility to make them explode and damage enemies caught in the blast.
----

Certain enemies are more fragile than others. Break their appendages to incapacitate them—or, in some cases, inflict instant death.
----

Collect speedshards strewn about the course to give your snowmobile a boost. The more speedshards you collect, the faster you will reach the goal.
----​

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Finally came across a video again with the screen for Royal Arms (editing its text into the first post). I knew I hadn't imagined that.

It's at 20:05 in -- of all things -- this glitch video.

Now if I can just find the screen for Niflheim, that should be everything. At least everything I know exists.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Does anyone know of any sharpening tools that could bring the text in this image into focus? For whatever reason, this screen simply cannot be found in any gameplay footage -- walkthroughs, gameshow footage, what-have-you.

I know it was in the game for at least the EGX show last September, though, because that's where this photo was taken. I assume it's still in the game, as other loading screens seen at the time still are.

EDIT: After extensive examination (zooming in and out, trying various filters) and consideration of the text of the Japanese counterpart to this image, I'm starting to think the first couple of words here are "A war-machine." So maybe the whole text is a "A war-machine that controls the greater part of the world, driven by the ancient might of magitek."

Still, I'd like to confirm it if at all possible.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
After getting in touch with the person who originally took that picture and posted it, I'm now at a dead end. They post a lot of fun and useful info about FFXV to Twitter, but they don't have a better pic and can't remember the missing words.

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Thought I could try and help by using a couple of suggested online tricks via Photoshop (high pass / blend mode / normal-hard light) but to no avail. I can't make it out.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Additional thoughts/research/guesswork:

I feel I've seen most every loading screen at least twice, with the exception to Niflheim's major counterpart: The Kingdom of Lucis. I've only seen that screen appear once, right near the beginning of this video:

In trying to figure out what may prompt some of the more rare screens (some, it seems obvious, have a greater chance of appearing at moments in the story where they're highlighted), I've realized that this player got the loading screen for the Kingdom of Lucis when she was loading up a save to begin playing again after having taken a break.

I don't know that there is necessarily a link to this timing, but it does bear observing that most walkthroughs and other gameplay videos for FFXV don't contain much in the way of loading up saves after taking a break. Most are from either long playthroughs or the recordings begin after the player has loaded up their save.

Thoughts, anyone?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sweet Lord, success at last!

Finally came across the English localization of The Empire of Niflheim loading screen in this random video at the 11:00-minute mark. It reads:

----
The Empire of Niflheim
A war-machine that controls the greater part of the world, driven by the arcane might of magitek.
----

I almost had it figured out after all. :monster: Anyway, that's settled now.

It also turns out there's a loading screen for the Starscourge. Came across that too. It reads:

----
The Starscourge
A plague that has afflicted the denizens of Eos since antiquity. The plasmodia responsible for the contagion mutated from insect-borne malarial parasites that had incubated within human hosts.
----

First post updated. :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hey Tres, I know this is your thing, but I just wanted to drop off a few loading screens I've screencapped in the past few days. One is from the 13.2 patch, some are from Episode Gladio.

7230f3446a773d5769010b42a7babcc1.jpg

061554e9a4c2ca7b45c0a9e94a246b8d.jpg

dc9a3acf3ad59069bad8f6c49035a412.jpg

2a963dda8fdb91391096e349766113d7.jpg

eb545a49452b9df0271033598c16cce5.jpg

c63eb0535e7db4f8df99d70493a305f6.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
While I work on finding the last bit of in-game commentary from
the photo selection before the final battle (see here and here if you don't know of my search)
, I also decided to do this little side project: compiling actual screenshots of all the lore-related loading screens. (Sidebar: I'm not doing any for those screens that are strictly gameplay related; the simple truth is that they're not only unrelated to the game's lore, they're also infuriatingly common by comparison to the screenshots I am posting.)

A quick cool note: In the course of this project, I discovered two more loading screens I never knew existed! One for Iris and one for the Oracle role. Every time I think I've gotten them all, another comes along. At this point, though, I really can't imagine there being many more. Maybe one for Ravus? Who knows. I wouldn't have expected Iris to get one.

In any case, I'll post my list of assembled loading screen screenshots below, but before I do, another note: I'm not including one for The Kingdom of Lucis just yet for the simple fact that I don't have a good one.

The only time I've ever even seen this loading screen was in this video at the 18-second mark. Not only is the video quality poor (360p only), but the Let's Play commentator has a feed of her playing overlaid on the left side of the frame. Most of the loading screen remains visible, but for obvious reasons, I don't want to include a screenshot from this video in what will hopefully become an actual article here on TLS at some point.

Yes, I've done told on myself: I intend to do lore-related resource articles about FFXV here on TLS once all my archiving and research is complete. Now that the cat is out of the bag, you guys know to complete the work if I have an untimely death or something. :monster:

If I never manage to find a good screenshot for The Kingdom of Lucis screen, I may just take a screen from that video at some point and shoop it the best I can/as much as MS Paint allows.

A few other tidbits about the loading screens that you might find interesting (I did anyway):

—Some characters or concepts have multiple entries with new information in each. Regis, the Ring of the Lucii, and the daemons each get two entries (they update as new information becomes available in the story) while Lunafreya gets three unique entries about her

—In something of an inversion of the previous observation, the entry for Covenants has three different background images, but all feature the same text/information

—Not only does Luna have the greatest number of unique entries about her, the background image used for her entries also appears as one of the backgrounds for the Covenants entry and as the background image for The Oracle entry

—There is quite a bit of important information tucked away in these loading screens -- and in several cases, it's information that doesn't appear anywhere else in the game

—Identifying the rarest entry is difficult; it depends on what factor you're measuring. For example, the Ardyn entry may never appear for you after hundreds of hours of play -- and I myself have never seen it appear in a single gameplay video despite perusing what easily amounts to 2000 videos by now -- yet it was extremely easy for me to locate once I learned of its existence from someone on tumblr. I just went to Google, typed in "Ardyn Izunia loading screen" and it popped up right away (on Pinterest of all places, as the first result). It had apparently also been posted on tumblr at least as far back as January 16th.

On the other hand, both screen captures and videos of Iris, Cor, Aranea's entries -- as well as the Oracle entry -- have been around for a while (even if I didn't know about them at the time). These four, while rare, are not as rare as Ardyn's loading screen in my mind, if only because I have still yet to actually see a video appearance for his.

At one point, finding the Niflheim loading screen was the Holy Grail for me, but at this point, at least two videos exist that feature its text clearly -- the one which allowed me to finally resolve my hunt, and this one, which was uploaded specifically for the purpose of showing the screen. (Aside: That second video was uploaded because I contacted the YouTuber in question and asked them if they had a video of that entry.)

If one were to measure rarity purely by the scarcity (in all forms) of any one entry, though, I would have to give it to The Kingdom of Lucis; for obvious reasons. :monster:

Without further ado, here is the list of screenshots (my thanks to lith for the Episode Gladiolus loading screens, as well as the Zegnautus Keep loading screen from Verse 2):

Loading screens from the main game
—The Kingdom of Lucis
—The Empire of Niflheim
—The Former Territory of Tenebrae
—The Accordo Protectorate
—Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII (1)
—Regis Lucis Caelum CXIII (2)
—Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (1)
—Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (2)
—Lunafreya Nox Fleuret (3)
—Iris Amicitia
—Aranea Highwind
—Cor Leonis
—Pryna and Umbra
—Gentiana
—The Hexatheon
—Ardyn Izunia
—Iedolas Aldercapt
—The Crystal
—The Ring of the Lucii (1)
—The Ring of the Lucii (2)
—The Royal Arms
—The Oracle
—Daemons (1)
—Daemons (2)
—The Starscourge
—Revelations
—Covenants (1)
—Covenants (2)
—Covenants (3)
—Elemancy
—Fodina Caestino
—Cartanica Station
—Eusciello
—Ghorovas Rift
—Zegnautus Keep
—Zegnautus Keep (Chapter 13, Verse 2 version)

Loading screens from Episode Gladiolus
—Cor Leonis
—Taelpar Crag Ruins
—The Tempering Grounds

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Wooo Tres! This is awesome! I'm glad you've got them all!

I don't know if there are any more screens from Episode Gladio--I'm sure there are, but I haven't had time to hop on lately.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
In my viewings, I've not seen any more than just those 10 I recorded in the opening post -- but who knows. :monster: There may be some with just crazy rare appearances like in the main game.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
All I can do is laugh at the discovery of yet another loading screen I was unaware of. :monster:

BlindingAwesomeness from Reddit/YouTube just sent me this screenshot of a loading screen entry for the Hexatheon. Apparently it appeared for him during Chapter 5.

At this point I'm not even going to say we have them all. :monster: Maybe we do, maybe we don't. I still suspect that Ravus should have one since Aranea, Iris and Cor do. Hell, even the Regalia should have one.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ohhh? Like, not just that Car Audio screen that plays ten thousand times per every hour of play -- but an actual bonafide Yer Ride loading screen?

Top Bottom