• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFXV Novelisation

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
PROLOGUE: AO3 | FF.NET

BOOK I: KINGSGLAIVE

CHAPTER 1 - THE SIEGE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 2 - TERMS OF PEACE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 3 - PREPARATIONS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 4 - DEPARTURE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 5 - THE PAUPER PRINCE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 6 - CROWE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 7 - "A MAN OF NO CONSEQUENCE": AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 8 - RESCUE MISSION: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 9 - A KING'S WILL: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 10 - THE FALL: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 11 - THE GENERAL AND THE HERO: AO3 | FF.NET

BOOK II: THE TALE OF THE CHOSEN KING

CHAPTER 1 - ILL TIDINGS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 2 - NO TURNING BACK: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 3 - DECLARATION OF WAR: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 4 - THE GATHERING STORM: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 5 - THE OPEN WORLD: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 6 - LESTALLUM: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 7 - THE SWORD IN THE WATERFALL: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 8 - LIVING LEGEND: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 9 - "DEADEYE": AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 10 - DARK CLOUDS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 11 - A WAY FORWARD: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 12 - PARTY OF THREE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 13 - EPISODE GLADIOLUS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 14 - REUNION: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 15 - MARSHES AND MINES: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 16 - SEAWORTHY: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 17 - CALLINGS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 18 - THE HYDRAEAN'S WRATH: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 19 - EPISODE IGNIS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 20 - THE HEART OF A KING: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 21 - IN THE DARK: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 22 - END OF DAYS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 23 - EPISODE PROMPTO: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 24 - THE LONG NIGHT: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 25 - TOGETHER AGAIN: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 26 - REDEMPTION: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 27 - WORLD OF RUIN: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 28 - HOMECOMING: AO3 |FF.NET
CHAPTER 29 - THE LIGHT OF HOPE: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 30 - THE LION'S ROAR: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 31 - THE OLD WALL: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 32 - THE CURE FOR INSOMNIA: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 33 - DAWN: AO3 | FF.NET

APPENDIX: EPISODE ARDYN

CHAPTER 1 - DARKNESS AWAKENS: AO3 | FF.NET
CHAPTER 2 - ILLUSORY TRUTH: AO3 | |FF.NET
CHAPTER 3 - FIERY VENGEANCE: AO3 | FF.NET NEW!

Here's the story: Back this past summer I started writing a summary of FFXV story for a friend. She's not a gamer but is very much into FF. Thing is that, between her job and her data plan giving her headaches, she wan't able to watch either Kingsglaive (or getting a copy) or a video gameplay of the main game. Long story short, the summary began growing because there were so many things I wanted to include and absolutely didn't want to leave out; then came the pictures (screenshots), then came including parts of "parting ways", then came footnotes, an index and a cover.

In the end, what pro writers call the "first draft", and what I ended up sending to her, is about +300 A4 pages with size 12 Calibri. Now I'm taking some time to expand the thing, because the fighting scenes in KG were mostly ommited or summarized since I was in a rush to finish it before Dec. It's currently close to 400 pages, now that I'm expanding KG and adding almost all of "parting ways".

What I want to ask: Would I get into trouble if I published it on FF.net or made the document public? As in, distributing it for free so people can read it without charge (no Patreon, no nothing, for free). The dialogues are word for word taken out of the source material, after all.

EDIT (13th Jan 2010): And that's it for this story. Complete, after nearly one year of weekly updates. First time I completed a fict, too, lol!

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Not at all! That’s exactly what fanfiction.net is for. I did the exact same thing for FFVII in fact. If you want to include pictures, Archive of Our Own is a better site — although I don’t know about posting screenshots from the game there.

I would love to check it out, having also never played ffxv.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Here's the story: Back this past summer I started writing a summary of FFXV story for a friend. She's not a gamer but is very much into FF. Thing is that, between her job and her data plan giving her headaches, she wan't able to watch either Kingsglaive (or getting a copy) or a video gameplay of the main game. Long story short, the summary began growing because there were so many things I wanted to include and absolutely didn't want to leave out; then came the pictures (screenshots), then came including parts of "parting ways", then came footnotes, an index and a cover.

In the end, what pro writers call the "first draft", and what I ended up sending to her, is about +300 A4 pages with size 12 Calibri. Now I'm taking some time to expand the thing, because the fighting scenes in KG were mostly ommited or summarized since I was in a rush to finish it before Dec. It's currently close to 400 pages, now that I'm expanding KG and adding almost all of "parting ways".

What I want to ask: Would I get into trouble if I published it on FF.net or made the document public? As in, distributing it for free so people can read it without charge (no Patreon, no nothing, for free). The dialogues are word for word taken out of the source material, after all.
I'm doing the same thing! I'm not a good writer, but I just love the story. I'm doing my own artwork for it as well

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
You'll be fine, MD. FF.NET is a great place for stories like that, and so is AO3. I have mine on both and it works out just fine, so you could do the same if you want. Lots of folks put their stories in both places. More readers and exposure that way. Plus you could always link to it from here to add a third spot for it. That's what I do with Lifestream, I have the story thread here with links to all the places where the chapters can be read. No matter where you post it, it might not get a lot of reviews or actual responses, and it's nothing to do with the quality of your story, it's just how the fandom's changed over the years, I think. People will read it, though, you'll be able to tell by the view counts and likes and kudos, and if you keep at it, you'll get readers adding you and your story as favorites even if they don't say anything. So don't be discouraged, it'll be fine. It's hard sometimes, I know, I've been there myself with Lifestream, but it's worth it and it will get readers and interest over time if you keep at it, so just keep on going. Good luck!

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
I'm doing the same thing! I'm not a good writer, but I just love the story. I'm doing my own artwork for it as well

Artwork too? My, that will look amazing!

And about the "good writer" thing, no one is ever satisfied with their writing (at least I never am). Just keep going, keep reading a lot and keep learning, and above everything else: have fun. Just keep going :D

You'll be fine, MD. FF.NET is a great place for stories like that, and so is AO3. I have mine on both and it works out just fine, so you could do the same if you want. Lots of folks put their stories in both places. More readers and exposure that way. Plus you could always link to it from here to add a third spot for it. That's what I do with Lifestream, I have the story thread here with links to all the places where the chapters can be read. No matter where you post it, it might not get a lot of reviews or actual responses, and it's nothing to do with the quality of your story, it's just how the fandom's changed over the years, I think. People will read it, though, you'll be able to tell by the view counts and likes and kudos, and if you keep at it, you'll get readers adding you and your story as favorites even if they don't say anything. So don't be discouraged, it'll be fine. It's hard sometimes, I know, I've been there myself with Lifestream, but it's worth it and it will get readers and interest over time if you keep at it, so just keep on going. Good luck!

Thank you! I've been checking out your novel, but I'll comment about it on the thread (liked what I saw so far).

What I've been struggling with is about adding my own "flavor" to it. I mean, there are scenes where you only see "character does A, then does B, then does C, with almost no change on their facial espression", but I tried to get into their shoes and put a bit of narrative about what I think goes through their heads. I'm a bit afraid of crossing the boundary into full fanfict territory if I'm not careful. I already added a descriptive paragraph when introducing certain character and I think my inner fangirl shows too much :awesome: But to be fair, I picked up some hints while hearing iddle chat from NPCs in the game. My main concern is that it's enjoyable for those who have played the game, and becomes a source of actual info for those who never played it, like my friend and Mr. Ite, for example.

Aside from that, there's also the thing about chapters. The first one, "Departure", contains the "Parting ways" prologue, which overlaps with the movie (also included) and part of the game until the Chocobros wake up in Galdin Quay. It's gigantic.

Jairus

Thanks! And don't worry about adding your own feel and spin to it, that's part of the point of doing this sort of thing, actually. I don't think readers want a summary of the game, they want a story to complement what they see in it. Don't be afraid to make it your own. That's what makes it more than just a recounting of events. With Lifestream, for example, I've added new lines and scenes that were never there in the game and expanded others in order to flesh out the story and take advantage of the written format and what it's capable of. Many people write novelizations of these games, or try to. Your approach is what'll make it different than others doing the same thing, writing what you think the characters are feeling and why they do what they do. Don't be afraid to do that, it's part of the storytelling process and it's what people are looking for.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Well, after rewriting the fighting scenes in KG and having to watch them frame by frame I only have this to say: Glauca should be in Dissidia. I mean,
who throws a fucking greatsword at his adversary just to prevent him from getting to his feet?
Also Nyx, because I'd love hearing his quips, and because I suspect he would be best buddies with Laguna, Bartz and Zidane :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Well, after rewriting the fighting scenes in KG and having to watch them frame by frame I only have this to say: Glauca should be in Dissidia. I mean,
who throws a fucking greatsword at his adversary just to prevent him from getting to his feet?
Also Nyx, because I'd love hearing his quips, and because I suspect he would be best buddies with Laguna, Bartz and Zidane :monster:
Glauca was one of my favorite characters from any ff game. He reminds me of Gabranth

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Glauca was one of my favorite characters from any ff game. He reminds me of Gabranth

He was very much like Gabranth. It was too bad that he was demoted to extra in the game and we couldn't get deeper into his character, past and motivations. I mean, what he did in the movie had direct consequences for the game and for both Noctis and Gladio, and instead it gets shrugged off as if nothing. And I'm gonna stop or I'll start rambling and never stop. See what I meant with keeping my inner fangirl on a short leash? :monster:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
He was very much like Gabranth. It was too bad that he was demoted to extra in the game and we couldn't get deeper into his character, past and motivations. I mean, what he did in the movie had direct consequences for the game and for both Noctis and Gladio, and instead it gets shrugged off as if nothing. And I'm gonna stop or I'll start rambling and never stop. See what I meant with keeping my inner fangirl on a short leash? :monster:
Yeah, I wish he had a part in the game too. 15 was one of my favorite universes story/lore wise. So I don't blame you if you start rambling haha

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
OK, I did it *bites nails*

Will post everything on the first post of the tread, though. I've never been this nervous when publishing something. If you wanna give it a try and read it, have in mind that this is a summed up history lesson on Eos, as the main characters know it. The reveals will come later :monster:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
It's happenign at last!

BOOK I: KINGSGLAIVE

CHAPTER 1 - THE SIEGE: AO3 | FF.NET

Will post one chapter per week, hopefully. They won't be too long, since they will be divided not by word count, but by events.

Sidenote: editing and publishing in FF.net is clunky, more than I could remember. Took me several tries until the published version of the last chapter didn't show any code :/

Jairus

Looks pretty good so far, MD. Are you writing the story directly in FF.net? I write it in LibreOffice first and then copy & paste it to FF.net & AO3 a section at a time, so all the formatting's already done. Might want to look into it if you're having trouble with FF.net's editor. It does have its limits, yeah, so I can understand your problems with it.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
I was tinkering and I realized my mistake. I usually write everything in Word and uploat the file on the web, but since I'm writing this project ina single, big file, I just copy and paste from the .docx file, hence the code appearing when publishing (not when uploading and hitting preview). So next time I'm going to separate each chapter and upload them.

It's been so long since I worked with FF.net I forgot how to do it :monster:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
New chapter!

CHAPTER 4 - DEPARTURE: AO3 | FF.NET

The prince finally sets forth and has a very poor choice of words when saying goodbye. I tried making up for it at the expense of a certain small Niff diplomat. It was an unfair comparison and it was made on purpose... and I regret nothing :monster:

Last edited:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
New chapter, as every week:

CHAPTER 5 - THE PAUPER PRINCE: AO3 | FF.NET

We FINALLY get to weave the game and the movie!!! So... while Luna met Nyx and was sad that Noctis wasn't in Insomnia, her prince was doing this in the desert.

This chapter covers two entire days, wich are the same two days as the previous chapter and the next one. Splitting action feels a bit awkward, but I decided to cut the KG arc before the triggering event happened and things went really downhill.

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Another Wednesday, another chapter.

CHAPTER 6 - CROWE: AO3 | FF.NET

The shit finally hits the provervial fan. Took some liberties at the very final segment, though. It's my own way of giving more insight into Luna's character.

The thing of Ardyn acting like a creepy stalker seems logical to me, in a sense. Just remember that both Luna and Aera look very much like close kin, despite the 2.000 years that have gone by. I don't know, I think he couldn't help but oggle look at her from time to time. You know, thinking about how her death should be in order to make Noctis suffer as much as possible.

Last edited:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Hey there, your weekly chapter!

CHAPTER 7 - "A MAN OF NO CONSEQUENCE": AO3 | FF.NET

With the subtitle "yeah, right..." :awesome:

Last respite before the shitstorm, folks! Buckle up because next week things are going to get interesting!

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
*sigh*

(Hope everybody's coping well.)

CHAPTER 8 - RESCUE MISSION: AO3 | FF.NET

EDIT: Now I realize that my last week's comment was quite unfortunate. Seems like I have a bit of Noctis on me *headdesk*

Last edited:

Glaurung

AKA
Mama Dragon
Guys, GUYS! I finished the first book!!!

CHAPTER 11 - THE GENERAL AND THE HERO: AO3 | FF.NET

HAahahahaha! What a ride it has been. Now it's the Chocobros' turn to be traumatized on the spotlight!

Ah, at long last I will have a bit more of wiggle room for creativity! I hope the added scenes in the future aren't too jarring... I also added some geeky Easter Eggs in the next chapters... couldn't live with myself if I let that opportunity go by :awesome:

Top Bottom