• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FGC (Fighting Game Community) Thread

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I've been on vacation the last 5 days to attend Evo, which has been incredible. Now that Evo is over, I'm sick of being in Vegas and wanna go home lol.

HOWEVER I am creating this thread because I'm still coasting off my excitement. I've been trying to get better at Guilty Gear Strive the last little while and am totally up for some games if anyone plays!

I'm also considering picking up and older Street Fighter in anticipation for 6 coming out next year. Maybe either 4 or 3rd Strike?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The EVO announcements all were hype.
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ will get rollback netcode!! FUCK YEAH!!
  • Samurai Shodown gets rollback!!
  • Street Fighter 6 new character looks cool. Also Yuri is back :wacky:
  • GAROU is getting a sequel after 20 years!!
Favourite TOP 8 was Tekken 7 and Arslan vs Khan was a great match. Was hoping for either Arslan or Khan to win grand finals :(

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I was rooting for Arslan too! I can't be too mad tho, he's won the last couple of Evos. Not to knock on Khan, but as soon as he won against Arslan, I was pretty certain Knee was going to take it.

My favourite was definitely Street Fighter 5 grand finals tho. IDom managed to take it to the last possible round it was craaaaazy. I was also kinda giddy getring the opportunity to see Daigo play!

Favourite announcements were the Tekken teaser, new SF 6 trailers, and of course... Bridget! Arcsys screamed trans rights you love to see it.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
STOP!! ADDING SINGLER PLAYER CONTENT IS AGAINTS THE LAW!! :wacky:

Last time Capcom's budget went all out in a fighting game was Street Fighter x Tekken, we're back to that era!

D

Deleted member 13557

There’s all of these awesome looking new characters and I will most likely still main Ken lmao

D

Deleted member 13557

Anyone here get into the SF6 beta?

Have fun you lucky bastards.

D

Deleted member 13557

APPARENTLY some people are still receiving codes as late as an hour ago. There’s still hope!

D

Deleted member 13557

Heh sorry! Tbh I didn’t expect to get one. Beta doesn’t start for another day so idk maybe they’re still sending them out?

D

Deleted member 13557

Just scraped into silver in ranked with Ken and I think this is my skillcap lol. Can’t say I’m great at these games, especially online. I love them though and I still got a couple perfects under my belt :D

Tried out everyone, definitely interested in learning more Ryu. He’s never been this much fun I don’t think. Chun is great and Juri is cool but I feel like I need to take a shower when I play as her. Tried picking up Jamie and Kimberly but I’d need to put in some time to put stuff together with them and I just wanted to jump in and play. Never been a Guile guy and that probably isn’t going to change.

Definitely picking this up when it comes out. Had a great time with this.

D

Deleted member 13557

Never been a Guile guy and that probably isn’t going to change.
I just tried out Guile.
I have somehow come out of the 10 placement matches with a platinum rank.
I think this is where I bow out of the beta lmfao.
I can’t believe I’m gonna be a Guile main.
DD30D588-F679-40F8-9724-195D16EAE6E7.jpeg

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
oh I love the cursed character creator!

I'm really stoked to be looking forward to a fighting game release since Guilty Gear pulled me in this year. I dunno if I wanna go with maining Blanka, or Cammy, or someone completely unfamiliar to me 🤔

Top Bottom