• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Boss with Vanitas help please

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Okay so I started my first BBS playthough... was really enjoying it until I got to this fight... (Ven's story, idk if he's in the other stories or not, I'd assume so... )

not only have I hit "continue" instead of "retry" EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME CAUSE IM USED TO IT AND HAVE TO DO THE PREVIOUS BATTLE OVER AGAIN!

but when I get to the last part where he's floating in space, I have a problem.

TWICE now the "Last Word" option has come up for me and I've hit it... and the battle doesn't stop... Ven goes through the animation with all the light ands stuff and it looks cool but... the battle keeps going like I did it wrong... and he kills me... and I'm supposed to repeatedly hit X or something? Is there something I should be doing?... I'm really BAD at QTE and I'm annoyed that they're even part of this game...

I'm really frustrated right now, and knowing I have to do the first part AGAIN is just really pissing me off... who the fuck thought putting "continue" first was a good idea? fucking hell I'm pissed

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh god, I think I remember this. :closedmonster: honestly it's been years since I've played it and I forget how to do this part, but thanks to you I remember feeling the same way. :wacky: I'd suggest looking around online for an answer if no one here has one.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Oh god, I think I remember this. :closedmonster: honestly it's been years since I've played it and I forget how to do this part, but thanks to you I remember feeling the same way. :wacky: I'd suggest looking around online for an answer if no one here has one.

yeah that's the thing... I looked online and I see other people with the problem and no one responds... :sigh:

apparently this is an issue that impacts very few and no one has an answer

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
All I know is that Last Word can miss for some reason. People have suggested that it might be caused by not being locked on to Vanitas or the player was facing the wrong way. Sorry, not much help I know. Keep at it!

Splintered

unsavory tart
Oh right, I remember this fight, but it was so long ago, the only thing I remember doing is crying.

Seriously though, fucking Vanitas.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Watched youtube playthroughs?

Not to be an ass but do you really think I haven't tried this? in all the videos I've seen the move works perfectly

All I know is that Last Word can miss for some reason. People have suggested that it might be caused by not being locked on to Vanitas or the player was facing the wrong way. Sorry, not much help I know. Keep at it!

I think I wasn't locked on, I just spammed it as soon as I saw it... I'll try to remember to be locked on and close to him and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip ^_^ Literally everything else I saw, even when people posted that they can't get Last Word to work was, "Just keep using the spiral attack and eventually the gauge will fill up and you can do a special move!"... NO SHIT SHERLOCK? or they go "use shot lock!" SHOT LOCK CAN'T KILL HIM DUMBASS

Will try agan tonight.. .and I mean christ I'm playing on Standard, it shouldn't be that hard XD

Last edited:

Ghost X

It was not meant to insult your intelligence or anything, but sometimes people do not do obvious things, including myself :monster:.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Fair enough, sorry if I was rude, but believe it or not, and this has nothing to do with how I think of people here or view THEIR input, but posting here was my last resort :monster:

EDIT:

Okay, made sure I was locked onto him, made sure i was fairly close to him and used the attack and it worked...

heart was racing like 200 BPM the entire time but woo :monster:

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:
Top Bottom