• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FINAL FANTASY 14

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I signed up months ago, but I don't think I'm going to play it. I loathe grind.

Also, WoW is six years old, and its graphics were dated even at the time, being only a little better than those used in Warcraft 3, which is eight years old. Besides, they aim at allowing as many people to play as possible, not at having cutting-edge graphics.

In the expansions, the areas have become more and more visually impressive, they've added some effects but, more importantly perhaps, gave the player more to look at. And they'll do a complete overhaul of the existing mainland in the coming expansion Cataclysm.

Finally, I'm kinda sure they're going to announce World of Starcraft soon (possibly within the next two years), which will probably have graphics comparable with Starcraft II. Which isn't the graphically most impressive game liek evar, but it compensates in gameplay. I hope.

Finally, pirates and good graphics don't make a good game.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I've had my beta/whatever sign up thing from FFXIII since December and still haven't done anything with it, so maybe I should :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Nigger is still crying about grind, jesus.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
WoW's not that awesome :< its just like every other mmorpg out there but somehow gets hyped as awesomeness for thine mind. Its the halo of mmorpg's.

That said ill try out FF14 for a month or 3, ill for sure go for getting its max level in the open beta. And ill be playing on a female character. It is an M.M.O.R.P.G after all right?, many men online role playing girls :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
For free stuff. Lots of guys will give you free stuff if they think you are a girl. :monster:

Also I like WoW so NO U.

My guild is awesome and that's all the matters. </3

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
RememberWhoYouAre-1.jpg

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Never got into WoW really. I don't think a single character I had was higher than level ten when I stopped. It just didn't grab me, but it was ok.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I have as serious problem paying a monthly fee. Which is why I'd have to have a lot of friends in FF14 before I'd even consider it. I also found Wow (and MMOs in general) wildly repetitive, so any grinding urges I felt I could accomplish in Guild Wars while also being able to abandon it for months/years at a time without it costing me money.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That's why you just pay for a whole year in advance if you can.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
More screengrabs from around the net.

1271188777055.jpg

1271190698641.jpg

1271196847652.jpg

1271197039669.jpg

1271185707109.png

1271187179215.png

1271185507819.jpg

1271190504023.jpg

1271223689831.jpg

1271226386704.jpg

1271223319570.jpg

1271222656766.jpg

Oh yeah, remember how we were talking about graphics? Well apparently they're not even 30 percent done so this isn't even the graphics at medium settings according to the folks playing, and reports from reps.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Now if they just included some lesbians in this, the game would be set.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
meh to you and all your hopes you piece of human filth.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Damn, those are only the graphics at 30%?! :O

Can't wait to see this game at full potential...

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You can notice pretty easy though, flat textures, no reflections on the water, static lighting and whatnot.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
If this game is anything like FFXI I'm not gonna play it. I think they had an episode on Welcome to the NHK! about the basic flaws of that game, but here goes.

Soloing is absolutely not an option. You will need a party at some point, it mostly depends on your class. If you're a mage, you won't be able to solo past really early levels and if you're a warrior, you won't get very high (level 10 at the highest)

There's a nasty EXP cost every time you die, so should you die a couple of times, you can actually go down a couple of levels. Again, this makes the game a real pain in the ass even if you do have someone to res you because you still have the penalty which may make you too low if you were part of a party. It's just physically painful to play most of the time, and the only motivating factor would be if you're interested in the story. :\

Top Bottom