• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Now Tets, have a little faith. After all we might get the release date for the release date for those products on the anniversary.

Oh, and another mobile game!

Edit:

Still salty after all this time?

Always.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Every game from 1 to 9 on a single vita card (and the updated ones at that) seems a bit unrealistic, didn't think vita cards were that big

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Eh. FF1 - 6 are <5 MB total, if that; FFVII is 3 discs (~2100 MB), FFVIII and IX had 4 discs (~2800 MB), so they should fit on a 16 GB card, probably an 8 GB card with some smart compression (idk if / how the cutscenes in VII - IX were compressed, iirc divx or mpeg4 wasn't a thing yet but idk)

Lex

Administrator
They were horribly compressed and they still massively bloat the file size lol.

I hope this is real but I massively doubt it. Though I-IX would definitely fit on a Vita card.

Lex

Administrator
Also I asked Pixel to remove this link from the Facebook page yesterday because the article is terribly written and there's no verification. Just to be upfront about that. If we get a more solid source I'm obviously all for it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
this is where i reveal that i don't actually know how big vita game cards are

but that site says it would be the original (i guess that means like nintendo's virtual console ports of the originals) versions and updated ones. those can range from around 700-900 mb for the later ones, at least going on what their steam pages say. would the updated version of ffiv be the 3d version or the 2d psp one? would it include the sequel?

if the ports of vii to ix are going to be like the pc versions (and based on the storage details on the steam pages), ffvii was 3gb, ffviii is 4gb, and ffix asks for 7gb of storage. that's hitting 14gb alone, with the updated versions probably pushing that beyond 16gb (unless they compressed it more)

plus, have you seen what square charges for these games. just taking the pc prices for 3 to 9 it is £80. what is 9 games (with two versions for 6 of them) going to be.

idk i accept it's a possibility but i remain skeptical

Lex

Administrator
Well, Vita memory cards come in sizes of up to 64GB (I have one of these for mine, had to ship it from Japan) but the actual game cards are capable of the same limit, it's just worth noting that they haven't released a game over 4GB in total size (the only one that came close was Uncharted Golden Abyss, a launch title).

Could be they've since released higher capacity games for it. The only thing I'd say is that FFX/X-2 HD Remaster was split between X and X-2 (in Japan X on one card and X-2 on the other, in other regions X on one card and X-2 digital only). And each of those is 3.3GB each.

So they could fit FFI - IX on a single card if they used a higher capacity card than they have done before. The higher capacity cards definitely exist.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
The only part of this announcement that I really care about/want to be true is the release of FF7R.

That set is a cool idea, but I imagine it would be wildly expensive...and I do already own nearly all of those. Which isn't to say I wouldn't cave when presented with it, but I don't really hope for it either.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think SE might surprise us with at least some of these.. mostly hoping for VII:re anyway. Everything else is meh

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It'll probably more be a huge marketing event / cash grab than anything fun for the fans though :monster:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I saw that earlier, but Tet's beat me to it. :P

Even if it's a cash grab, I hope some cool merchandise is unveiled. I really want to know the release date for those Judge Magister Static Arts busts.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Nah, FFXV is the first and so far only game I paid full price for, :monster:. I think anyway. Maybe XII? IDK

Note that the event takes place on January 31st...FFVII's 20th anniversary.
Boy7eas.jpg

Happy Little Lemon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sledged
Shit, the 10th feels like it was 5 minutes ago! I bought the limited edition psp, albeit about a year and a half after anniversary, when Crisis Core came out.

Top Bottom