Final Fantasy at Games Done Quick

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Final Fantasy is routinely showcased at Games Done Quick. Figured I'd just make a dedicated thread for this.

Official website

Twitch

To start us off, Final Fantasy XIII (Any%) will be featured at Awesome Games Done Quick 2022 to benefit the Prevent Cancer Foundation. The run will start around 7am PST, January 11th (about 4 hours from now). There's an $80,000 donation incentive available where, if met, runner Kayarune will complete the Dahaka boss fight while blindfolded.

Additionally, a race of Final Fantasy VII Remake - INTERmission will be added to the schedule as a bonus game if $100,077.77 is raised towards that donation incentive. This run will start around 4pm PST, January 11th (about 14 hours from now).

On the merch side, The Yetee selling a King Behemoth t-shirt designed by Dzoan Ho as part of the event. $5 from every t-shirt goes to the Prevent Cancer Foundation.

B_KingBehemoth_640x640.jpg

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
Videos of the runs are up on GDQ's YouTube channel. I watched INTERmission's. It's good! Since the run is so new there's hardly any skips or glitches as they haven't been discovered yet, instead the runners rely on technique. Great commentary too, I learned a bit about the game. For example, a synergized Windstorm increases stagger damage percentage, like Tifa's True Strike. Who knew!

Watching FFXIII's run as I type this.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I had the XIII run up while I worked while it was live. Pretty impressive. Turns out you can get to the open world portion in under three hours :P

The worst part, though, was all the comments by people talking about their memories of playing XIII "as a kid."
200.gif

Top Bottom