• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Final Fantasy Explorers announced for 3DS

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Siliconera said:
3exzhhn.jpg

Final Fantasy Explorers is in development for the Nintendo 3DS, this week’s issue of Jump magazine reveals. The game is a multiplayer action RPG, where you search for crystals while battling the Summons in your way.

Final Fantasy Explorers will let you select from multiple Jobs, each with their own role. Jump’s reveal shows the Black Mage, White Mage, Knight and Monk.

The Black Mage attacks using magic and specializes in long-range attacks. The White Mage, as always, is focused on recovery spells.

The Monk’s description should come as no surprise to anyone that has played Final Fantasy before either—he’s the representative for physical attacks. Jump says he “overwhelms the enemy with his surging dash”. Finally, the Knight serves as the party’s shield, by attracting the enemy’s attacks.

Jump says that many Jobs from the Final Fantasy series will be present in Final Fantasy Explorers. Parties can consist of up to four players, and you’ll need to use each Job effectively to take on the enemy. The goal of the campaign is to defeat the different generations of Summons.

According to Jump, Final Fantasy Explorers will have a large variety of weapons to choose from. The magazine also shows Ifrit as one of the Summons in the game.

Final Fantasy Explorers doesn’t have a release date yet. Square Enix is listed as the game’s developer.

Source

Sounds like it's somewhat Crystal Chronicles, and I also agree with others that it will have Monster Hunter elements.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
siliconera said:
Finally, it’s been announced that Final Fantasy Explorers will be released on December 18, 2014 in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

[URL="http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/20/final-fantasy-explorers-hits-japan-december-18th/]Source[/URL]

I think the site has been updated with the release date too (I can't read it but there's the numbers 12 and 18 so I'm going to guess it has).

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
He looks as though he were about to cry a single tear, which would stop halfway down his face and begin expanding at a rapid and alarming rate. At last, the dear drop would explode under it's own sorrowful weight, decapitating emo Cloud and granting him the demise he has been destined to experience since Advent Children completely retconned his character - crying himself to death ¬_¬

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I was going to make a snarky comment, but Kev has rendered anything I had to say redundant. So I'll just leave this here and say
boy_1140711a.jpg
spoiler[

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm fascinated by being Tidus, Yuna and Squall. If there was Jecht, I'd be sold completely.

Unlucky

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN
There's something monkey-ish about sadfaec Cloud's faec. And he looks constipated.

Cmon SE I wanna see him
Ancient_Cloud.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Anyone getting this?

I'm very torn between thinking it will be way too grindy for my patience and thinking it actually looks like quite a bit of fun with friends.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Anyone getting this?

I'm very torn between thinking it will be way too grindy for my patience and thinking it actually looks like quite a bit of fun with friends.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow along with Lego Marvel's Avengers (I LOVE the Lego games). I plan to try to play some of it and review it a bit on a future episode of the podcast.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Was considering it for a while, but decided that I'm not. Quite tight this month, and looking forward to Bravely Second a lot more. Might get it some time down the line ... but I'm kinda more interested in World Of FF.

Lex

Administrator
I'd like to hear more about people's experiences with this game tbh, so get playing and reporting those who have it XD. Also consider writing a review for the site please!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm excited that it has Vaan. Because that means they haven't forgotten that XII exists.

vaderSW1

I picked up my copy of Explorers over the weekend. I'm going to attempt to start playing it very soon. I'll talk a bit about it on the podcast once I do. I may even do a write up for TLS on it. It will just depend on how much time I have.

vaderSW1

So, I can fork out for a game or two on Steam or this. What's the first impressions of the game?

First impressions: Personally, I think this would have been a better mobile game. I've never played the Monster Hunter series before so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I think the replay value is going to come with doing multiplayer hunts...that is, if you enjoy playing multiplayer. I've only really just begun but so far I'm really just...meh.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Are you playing with friends at all? Or will your only multiplayer experiences will be with randos on the internet?

Top Bottom