Final Fantasy IV Coming to iOS

Lex

Administrator
No surprises here. I think they'll just keep working their way up to VI, but I'm not sure what they'll do about VII.

Source.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
This was in yesterday's roundup. It's good to have a dedicated forum thread for it, though, as it means I can make the "discuss this on the forum" link point here, rather than to a general FFIV thread which hasn't been updated in ages.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
They'll probably stop after VI or work their way up to IX. VII's VIII's and IX"s, should they release them on iOS. would be ports of the original PS games, given that the rest have been ports.

And I like how this iOS port of FFIV DS is going to be easier, because FFIV DS was fucking HARD.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well to be fair, most of the pre-FFVII re-releases were ports too; iirc, FF1 got a graphical overhaul along with FF2 for a PS1 port / re-release (or something), and FFIV got a 3D remake, but besides those, I'm pretty sure all the other games are straight ports instead of actual remakes.

Lex

Administrator
It does look slightly sharper. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting it when it comes out tbh, the FFIII port was good too but I don't enjoy playing them on my phone.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
... and because the one thing I need right now is another copy of FF IV. I think I am up to... well... four at this point.

AvecAloes

Donator
I bought FFI for my phone a while ago. I didn't mind playing it on my phone, but I didn't get very far into it due to frustration and lack of direction. I don't think I'd mind playing the older games on my phone, but I'd probably draw the line at VII and up (actually, maybe I'd make that V and up, even though the graphics in V and VI were still 2D and whatnot), just because it seems the games get so much more involved (graphically and story-wise), and to be honest, I'd much rather play an updated version of VII on a big, beautiful TV screen than my tiny phone screen. All of that said, if I'm going to play IV, it'll most likely be on Force's PSP. Bigger screen than my phone, plus the updated graphics, anyway.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
I remember the first time I played FFI, and wondered how the hell it saved an entire company from going under. There is one person, and one person alone who knows what you're supposed to do next. And until you talk to that one person, you are completely lost.

The thing with this is, I already own IV on multiple handheld platforms. I mean... I had IV for SNES once upon a time, and later got it for GBA. I currently own it for the DS, and the PSP. If I want to play IV on the go, I already can.

I'd love II or VI for iOS, even though I own the PSP and GBA versions respectively, because it doesn't have the feeling of every time I turn around they're re-releasing it.

Pyrefly

Lv. 25 Adventurer
How many re-releases of IV does this make? -sigh-

I would buy it, but I already have two copies of IV (for the DS and PSP). I don't need another!

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
As much as I love FFIV myself it does make me wonder why it keeps getting re-released. How about we start giving FFVI some love, eh?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i almost want it for the difficulty options which is what stopped me finishing the ds one (and no working ds now)

almost but not quite there

Roogle

Fortune Teller
Is this the first port of the game that includes multiple difficult levels or was that option found in the original Nintendo DS release, too?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
The DS release was actually harder than the original FFIV, which was already one of the hardest FF games. The iOS release will be the first edition allowing you to change the difficulty.

Ffxiii1ll

The Pink Dude
AKA
Ffxiii1ll
I played it ( ff4 ) on iOs, it wasn't really hard; quite easy in fact. I don't remember if there is a difficulty selection however :S

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Interesting. Kind of a shame it is based of the DS remake, which is by far my least favorite way to play FF4. Taking that version, making the controls for a touch screen, yeah that doesn't look good to me.

Also, really really hate using touch screen. They are always smudged, always have the oils from peoples skin caked on them. Give me buttons.

Top Bottom