Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series (Mobile/Steam)

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
they did add the ability to play in korean, which i thought was cool (and maybe old idk)

i managed to make it to the first time you can open the camp menu before i had to stop because i had to write down like every word except 'name'

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I am rabidly awaiting news about this
One announcement about "Spring 2023" on Dec 18th and then nothing, geez, I wannit I wannit I wannit (ya caaaan't have it)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Literally in the time it has taken S-E to make the console port of the remasters, Squaresoft had made FFIV and V from scratch and was working on FFVI. Include the development time for the PC release and the future delays, and this project might take longer than all six original games did 😂

Square-Enix everybody.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i wish every game would have the customisable boost/de-boost options as a standard feature (and not as paid dlc, looking at you atlus and your 3ds megami tensei games)

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lol, something about the addition of a pixel font being the first thing touted in the trailer is funny to me. :lol:
I agree with Tets that I still wish it were thicker, especially since the windows are still huge, but still, good on them for listening finally.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As Eagle observed...what does that mean exactly? Is it 2 million sales somehow distributed over the 6 games (i.e. the bundle counts as six sales)?

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
There's a mod available now to use the PSP sprites for battles:

From the FAQ on the NexusMods page:
Q: Why is this a beta?
A: This is a beta release because it does contain missing assets and bugs.

Q: What are the missing assets?
A: Not every asset could be properly converted with PSP assets. Summoning in battle would not work with re-scaled assets, so it was omitted. Characters that would appear during the final battle had the same issue, so I included my Record Keeper sprites as it matches PSP sprites better than the stock PR ones. Some random enemies were converted to PSP sprites, but not all. The reason is because PSP assets take up a lot of the screen. If all enemies were converted, the battle screen would become too over crowded. Weapon sprites have not been converted (yet). Pig, Mini, and Toad were not converted due to the overwhelming amount of work needed to do it. It would have involved 3 times the amount of work than the main characters.

I tried it out, and saw that Dark Knight Cecil was going round the Antlion Cave punching the shit out of literally everything (except yellow jelly, of course, thanks Final Fantasy II [Famicom] for the "color coded magic weakness on flans" tradition); the sword sprite is there, it's just still tiny and mostly invisible next to his mammoth sized hand.

I also want to point out this part of the FAQ (emphasis mine):
Q: This looks weird and too big
A: That's what she said.
The Pixel Remasters display at ...

Top tier humor, lol

In any case, this could be a fun playthrough once it's done. But I wanted to point out to everyone who might be reading that it is, indeed, not finished yet.

Top Bottom