Final Fantasy Realms - Adventure Thread

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
12924393_10156877654615235_4680460790718691275_n.jpg

12932974_10156877655460235_2247712966130617072_n.jpg

Chief Engineer said:
Hey! Wake up kiddos!

Sorry, I realize this is probably one hell of a rude awakening but we've got work to do!

I'm your guide and the pilot of this here ship - the Ragnarok. It's capable of taking us to any of the worlds connected by the darkness. But you've been in stasis for quite some time now so let's start you off light.

Click on the questions below to ask me various questions. You don't have to ask everything, only the topics you care about. Now when you're done asking questions, you can respond with what you propose to do. For starters let's say once you've got the information you want, just reply below to "check in" so I can make sure you're properly awake and ready for action.

We do have a time concern so those of you who are ready will begin your quest on April 10th! Er, that's April 10th Ragnarok Date, of course. Anyway, ask your questions.

Questions for Cid

Chief Engineer said:
Me? Well I'm an engineer. Truth be told I actually designed this ship. That's probably why the Crystals chose me to be the guide. I thought I was just designing a space ship, not a time portal carrying a bunch of Warriors of Light...

My home world? Well, that's not a happy story. Perhaps another time.

Chief Engineer said:
The Celestial Ship, Ragnarok. I modeled it after one of the ancient spaceships of legend - a giant red dragon floating through space. I thought it had romantic appeal... It was designed with a core that can travel through space in the blink of an eye, though there were some interesting side effects on the first run.

Don't ask me how but we seem to have inadvertently created a time machine out of it. By setting the core to fire off at variable speeds, and hitting certain points in the cosmos we can travel through time at will.

Preposterous? Sure, but really what about this premise isn't preposterous?

Chief Engineer said:
Well... after we did our first test run of this ship - and discovered that it had the ability to travel not just through space, but also time - I blacked out just like you all did. When I woke up I was face to face with a Crystal entity who told me that it would be my job to ferry and instruct you kids in your mission. I'm assuming that same Crystal transported you all here.

Chief Engineer said:
Right to the heart of the matter, eh? Excellent! Well simply put we- by which I mean you guys- are charged with correcting the problems in the universe that the big heroes can't be arsed with. I mean, hey they're busy saving the whole world, there's always some scraps left for us.

Now don't think these are unimportant. I've seen some of what we are up against and trust me it's not pretty. And if these aren't dealt with? Well it'll mean chaos for the little people and nobody wants that.

I've got a good starting mission lined up to test you guys out, and once I get the all clear from everybody I'll give you a briefing. In the meantime, ask any questions you might have!

Players In The Area

Jaiek Lv.1
HP: 28 / 28 MP: 22 / 22
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 310
STR:10
INT:5
DEF:5
SPD:8
LCK:12

Weapon: Bronze Claymore (1d12+4) [1]
Materia:
1. Ice (1d6) [MP: 4]

Armor: Leather Armor (AC: 1) [1]
Materia:
1. Fire (1d6) [MP:4]

Items:
Potion (2)
Phoenix Down (1)

Yakumo Lv. 1
HP: 23 / 23 MP: 27 / 27
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 150
STR: 5
INT: 10
DEF: 10
SPD: 10
LCK: 5

Weapon: Hunter's Bow (1d6+2) [2]
Materia:

Armor: Body Armour (AC:3) [2]
Materia:
1. Cure (1d6) [MP:5]

Items:
Ether (1)
Phoenix Down (1)

Memphis Lv. 1
HP: 24 / 24 MP: 26 / 26
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 30
STR: 8
DEF: 8
SPD: 7
LCK: 7

Weapon: Bronze Claymore (1D12+4) [1]
Materia:
1. Bolt (1D6+2) [MP: 5]

Armor: Chainmail (3) [1]

Materia:
1. Cure (1D6) [MP: 5]

Items:
Phoenix Down x 1
Ether x 1
Potion x 1

Velkamos Lv. 1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 250
STR: 10
INT: 5
DEF: 9
LCK: 6

Weapon: Oak Spear (1d10+2) [1]
Materia:

Armor: Chainmail (AC: 3) [1]
Materia:
1. Cure (1d6) [MP: 5]

Items:
Potion (4)
Phoenix Down (1)

Shard Lv. 1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 300
STR: 7
INT: 8
SPD: 8
LCK: 8

Materia:

Armor: Body Armour (AC: 3) [ Materia Slots: 2]]
Materia:
1.Cure(1d6+6)[MP:5]

Items:
Phoenix Down (1)

Suggested Actions
1. "Check In" - Reply below affirming your participation in this module. Briefing will take place on April 10, 2016.

Jump to Round 1: Fang You Very Much

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Dazed, disorientated and confused, Yakumo took a deep cleansing breath before closing his eyes for several heartbeats, attempting to recollect the last fragments of his disjointed memory. His patrol through the mountainous region of Wutai was still clear and vivid. He could still remember the harsh southwesterly wind which had blown across the pass, its composition lined with the threat of rain, and the howling beasts which had picked up his scent ...

... But then ... Nothing.

Reopening his eyes, Yakumo's senses were suddenly assaulted by the current situation all at once. The feeling of movement from the airship, the unknown - and rather peculiar - strangers rousing beside him, and the voice from the man who called himself Cid as he began an astonishing account of events. As Cid outlined their purpose, Yakumo shook his head - statements of time travel, Warriors of Light, and saving the world going way beyond his understanding; yet he found some strange reassurance in how the sportsmen, Jaiek, seemed to take it all in his stride.

"I don't know exactly what is going on here, or what purpose these Crystals have for us all, but if there is anything I can do to help stem the chaos, then count me in."

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
Memphis slowly began to stir as he awoke from his slumber. At first his vision was fuzzy and blurry but as he continued to awaken, he could see more clearly. He could see he wasn't in a familiar setting. This made him uneasy. Making him even more uneasy was the fact that he realized he was surrounded by people he didn't know. His chest tightened with anxiety.

He slowly sat up and brushed his long dark hair back from his face. His bright green eyes darted to the man that called himself Cid as he began to speak. He listened as questions were asked and answers were given. He still found himself confused in spite of these answers. The whole situation seemed preposterous! Even more confounding was why his memories seemed to be disjointed and hazy. The only thing he could clearly remember was his name.

His head seemed to be spinning with all this new and confusing information. He felt he was going to be sick. He closed his eyes and drew a deep breath. He realized his best course of action would be to listen to this Cid fellow for now and trust in the Crystals. He convinced himself that the answers he sought would come in due time.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
"Tails aren't made... to bend like that..." he grumbled, sitting up. "Velkamos here. This an airship? Something about crystalss and... blast it I'd almost gotten that rare beast!"

*notices Jaiek soundly sleeping once more*

*pokes him with his tail*

"Heh, look at this fellow. He doesn't seem much bothered by it at all. I like him."

Last edited:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Shard held his composure long enough to hear the briefing, then buried his head in his hands, fighting panic behind his PSICOM mask.

He was trapped in a ship named after the thing that had destroyed his home. Worse yet, he'd been given a cryptic mission by a 'crystal entity'. That sounded a lot like a Fal'Cie, which made him a L'cie. Since his last memory was in the Pulse wilderness, it was most like a Pulse Fal'Cie. He couldn't feel a brand, but it could still be under his armour somewhere.

A PSICOM operative had been made a Pulse Fal'Cie, the thing he'd been bred to hate with all his being. The fates had a sense of humour. He hadn't even been able to die properly.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney

12923214_10156885283110235_5180966209202422837_n.jpg

ROUND 1: Fang You Very Much

Notes from the Dungeon Master:

• Saw what my schedule was looking like on Sunday and it's not pretty, so I opted to start a day early.
  • Late-comers to the module are still welcome at any time, per the usual.
  • Update Schedule: I will update Combat rounds as quickly as input comes in from active players, however I will also automatically update Combat daily. If somebody has not responded, I will have them perform a randomly selected action (exception: I won't have them use a healing spell if no heals are warranted). I am working on a "Gambit" system for away actions that should be ready by Module 2.
  • Update Schedule: Adventure turns I am planning to give about 3-4 days in between updates to give everybody time to respond, though if all active players have responded that may go sooner.

12932974_10156877655460235_2247712966130617072_n.jpg

Chief Engineer said:
Alright, looks like you lot are the first wave. So gather round and let me explain the mission I've got lined up for you.

The world is marked as F7 on our map. The time period you're going to is 40 years after the world nearly ended when a massive meteor almost crashed into the planet. It was saved in the eleventh hour though, albeit it destroyed the world's most populous city- Midgar.

But you won't be visiting that, no you'll be visiting the nearby grasslands, and the village of Kalm, to take care of a bit of a pest problem. The locals breed chocobos and use them for everything in their day to day life. Powerful birds of burden they are.

But lately, something's been eating them up! They call this fiend a Chocobo Eater and it lives somewhere in the Marshes. Your job is to find out where it is and kill it. Easy right? But don't think you have to rush into battle. There are lots of folks nearby that might need the help of an adventurer and helping the locals reclaim their shattered lives will help you in the long run.

Anyways, you have your mission. Now as promised I'll be teleporting you to the grasslands outside Kalm. Should be a short hike to Kalm from there.

An ethereal light surrounds you and you feel the sensation of being sucked through a straw. Every part of you body screams in protest, but the sensation only lasts a second before you arrive at your destination on your feet.

You stand in the middle of a large expanse of plains stretching all around you. To the south a ways you see a small village, doubtless Kalm. To the north you can see a massive metropolitan hub and the ruins of the city of Midgar. An enormous wall blocks access to the northern part of the plains, though it doesn't seem wise to venture that way at any rate. All the grass is long dead and the lands about are little more than wasteland.

You hear a growling sound around you and you notice that your party is surrounded by a pack of Midgar Fangs, the local carnivorous wolves.

Chief Engineer said:
Err... I might have been a bit off on the coordinates there. It's my first time using it. Well nothing like a good workout to get you warmed up, eh? CHARGE!

:thor: Activating Combat Mode :thor:

Enemies

Alpha Fang
HP: 20 / 20

Midgar Fang A
HP: 15 / 15

Midgar Fang B

Midgar Fang C

Players In Combat

Jaiek Lv.1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 310

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Potion (2)
Phoenix Down (1)

Suggested Actions:

1. Attack (1d12+4) + 2 (STR Modifier)
  2. Ice (1d6) + 1 (INT Modifier) MP: 4
  3. Fire (1d6) + 1 (INT Modifier) MP: 4

Yakumo Lv. 1
HP: 23 / 23 MP: 27 / 27
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 150

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Ether (1)
Phoenix Down (1)

Suggested Actions:

1. Attack (1d6+2) + 1 (STR Modifier)
  2. Fire (1d6) + 2 (INT Modifier) MP:4
  3. Cure (1d6) + 2 (INT Modifier) MP: 5

Memphis Lv. 1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 30

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Phoenix Down x 1
Ether x 1
Potion x 1

Suggested Actions:

1. Attack (1d12+4) + 1 (STR Modifier)
  2. Bolt (1d6+2) + 2 (INT Modifier) MP: 5
  3. Cure (1d6) + 2 (INT Modifier) MP: 5

Velkamos Lv. 1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 250

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Potion (4)
Phoenix Down (1)

Suggested Actions:

1. Attack (1d10+2) + 2 (STR Modifier)
  2. Cure (1d6) + 1 (INT Modifier) MP: 5

Shard Lv. 1
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 300

Materia:

Materia:
1.Cure(1d6)[MP:5]

Items:
Phoenix Down (1)

Suggested Actions

1. Attack (1d10+2) + 1 (STR Modifier)
  2. Cure (1d6) + 1 (INT Modifier) MP: 5

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
[OOC: I didn't know if there was a specific way you want us to display the actions to make it easier for yourself when updating. If there is, let me know and I'll edit.]

As both the strange ethereal light and the sharp unnerving sensation quickly subsided, Yakumo's senses reeled once more as his body attempted to take stock of the rapid shift in its location. Immediately he recognised the short mountain range and the all too familiar plains of the wasteland outskirts of the Midgar region, but he still registered shock at the vast display of decay from the former powercentre of the world. Without a doubt, this was the future of the world that he once knew. As if he needed it, this only affirmed Cid's incredible story of Crystals and time travelling through alternate dimensions.

So absorbed was he by the display that he hadn't even noticed the Midgar Fangs that had tracked the group on their arrival. When the growl rose the hairs on the back of his neck, he reached for his Hunter's Bow in one swift motion before channeling into the green materia orb which resided within. Outstretching his hand, a soft glow of mystic light briefly surrounded Yakumo as he then cast a ball of Fire at the Alpha Fang, hoping that it would disorientate the pack long enough for his comrades to intervene.

Action Taken: Cast Fire at Alpha Fang

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Though outwardly unresponsive too Cid's initial wake up call, Nukan had in fact awakened out of stasis, and was subsequently teleported down to the surface along with the rest of the group.

Nukan was drowsily coming to his feet when the bark from the nearest wolf startled him to and woke up him all the way out. "Rao, fryd ec drec?!" Right then, one of the other humans around him shot a fireball at one of wolves, Nukan followed up by grabbing the Hunter's Bow from his back and lobbing an arrow at Midgar Fang A without questioning the circumstances any further for the time being.

Action Taken: Used Attack at Midgar Fang A

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Cindy blinked as she was teleported to the plains with the others. Had she taken too long checking out the airship she'd woken up on? No matter, she could wonder about that when there weren't monsters to fight. Raising her staff, she fired an ice spell at Midgar Fang B.

Action taken: Cast Ice at Midgar Fang B

[Why are they called Midgar Fangs instead of Kalm Fangs?]

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Jaiek awoke with a jolt as he hit the ground. Raising his head, he saw the others around beginning to fight with several creatures he didn't know.

"Oh well, I guess we're starting this thing."

He drew his sword and charged at the only enemy that wasn't engaged, Midgar Fang C.

Action Taken: Used Attack at Midgar Fang C

Edit: Is grappling of any sort an option? Or guarding?

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos blinked, startled, when he appeared on the ground and noticed several of his newfound comrades fighting already.

Blasted... what.... why did it take me longer to get here? Is it because I'm so big? he thought incredulously.

"Aaah it doesn't matter now, now's the time to fight!" he growled, a sudden upward quirk to his mouth. He spotted the Alpha Fang as it was being hit by a burst of flame, and with a laugh he charged straight for it, his spear sliding through the air in an arc.

Action Taken: Used Attack at Alpha Fang

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Shard had been expecting something like this. Killing random wildlife seemed like something a fal'cie would ask them to do. Still, he was a bit taken aback by his colleagues apparent use of magic without manadrives, (also, the fact that one of them seemed to be an animated doll from Nautilus), which slowed his reaction time. He was unfamiliar with the monsters, but stabbing normally worked on ones this small.

Going after the pack leader sometimes made animals like these hesitate. But two party members were already ahead of him, so he instead elected to defend the Nautilus doll.

ACTION: USED ATTACK ON MIDGAR FANG B.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
Valerie felt herself waking up and groaned. :I feel like I got hit with a semi-truck in my head.: The last thing she remembered was watching space stretch around her and the fiery horned monster she'd found in the Fire Caverns. It had reached to grab her when she'd fainted. Valerie looked at her arm where the monster had grabbed her and frowned; her leather jacket wasn't even singed.

The next thing she noticed was she was inside some sort of vessel and it didn't look like any sort of tech she had worked on before. Nobody uses crystal based tech, so it's probably from Esthar; they never did like to share. Now where did my equipment go?

She felt around for her staff and found it next to her on the floor. Oddly, it felt like there were Ice and Lighting draw points on it. A closer look revealed that green globes of crystal had become embedded at either end of the staff and the draw points came from each of them. :Weird, they're a lot like those spell stones people find in chocobo forests, but nobody's ever found Ice and Lighting stones before.: Valerie frowned at one of the globes and tapped it. :They don't feel fragile like spell stones are though-- Oops!: A bolt of lighting shot out of the globe and hit one of the nearby walls, charging up the crystals on it.

Valerie felt herself sucked into whiteness and internally cursed. :How many times do I have to remind myself not to poke unknown magic objects around magitech?:

I totally didn't notice this thread started.

I'm assuming that I'll arrive after everyone's done with their current fight. Feel free to correct me on any setting/world-building stuff I get wrong.

I also switched up a few backstory things. They've got more to do with RPing then with stats...

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
As soon as his feet hit the ground, Memphis felt that he was going to be sick. His stomach was turning but he didn't have time to vomit as he saw the Midgar Fangs approaching he and his fellow party members. He shook off the feeling he was going to be sick and closed his eyes, preparing to use his Bolt materia, then thought better of it and reached for his sword. The sword is too heavy but he manages to draw it. He grasps the handle with both hands and stands in an unconventional sword fighting stance with the blade of the sword dragging the ground.

Attack Action: Memphis uses his Claymore to attack Alpha Fang.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA

12923214_10156885283110235_5180966209202422837_n.jpg

Round 2: Now To The Talky Bits

Notes from the Dungeon Master:

• Congratulations on winning your first battle guys! EXP and Gil are earned individually, not shared, so there's no reason to not party up. I offer a brief highlights of the important bits, but if you want to know exactly how it went, click on the spoiler tag with the Verbose details.
  • Keep up the RP-ing! I love reading your guys story bits and it really helps add meat to this crazy skeleton experiment of mine! You guys are what's going to make this thing awesome!
  • @TheEngineer: You actually could have jumped into the fight had you wanted to, so if you'd like I can give you the EXP and Gil you would have missed. Otherwise, that's totally fine, feel free to develop your character as you deem fit! Personality quirks and backstory are 100% player controlled.
  • @Doom Bunneh: The combat suggested actions are just a listing of default actions, so at any time feel free to break the mold. I assure you I will award creativity. If you think throwing or wrestling an opponent to the ground is the better option, offer it up as your move. Defending is automatically managed by your DEF stat as it stands, though you will find materia for Defend-like skills to help you brace against stronger attacks. Again, feel free to have your character duck and cover if you deem it necessary and I will factor that in.
  • @Starling: Chalk that up to a good old-fashioned mistake :monster:
  • @Claymore: I hadn't actually thought about a particular setup honestly, though your method seems to have stuck, so let's stick with the underline/ bolding of your action! :lol:

:thor: Combat Mode: VICTORY :thor:

Rewards: 25 EXP, 50 Gil to all party members in combat.

Battle Highlights:
- Yakumo expends 4 MP on Fire.
- Yakumo takes 4 damage from Midgar Fang C
- Jaiek rolls a critical (19)
- Jaiek fells Midgar Fang C.
- Velkamos takes 5 damage from Midgard Fang B
- Memphis fells Alpha Fang.
- Cindy expends 4 MP on Ice.
- Cindy fells Midgar Fang B.
- Midgar Fang A retreats.

-Yakumo casts Fire on Alpha Fang. (Speed 10)
-Yakumo earns a First Strike bonus (+4 HP Damage)
-Alpha Fang takes 7 damage.

-Velkamos attacks Alpha Fang. (Speed 10)
-Alpha Fang takes 7 damage.

-Nukan attacks Midgar Fang A (Speed 10).
-Midgar Fang A takes 6 damage.

-Midgar Fang C attacks Yakumo. (Speed 9).
-Yakumo takes 4 damage (Defense 10).

-Jaiek attacks Midgar Fang C (Speed 8).
-Jaiek rolls Critical Hit (19, damage x1.5)
-Midgar Fang C takes 21 damage.
-Midgar Fang C is felled.

-Shard attacks Midgar Fang B (Speed 8)
-Midgar Fang B takes 10 damage.

-Midgar Fang B attacks Velkamos. (Speed 8)
-Velkamos takes 5 damage (Defense 9).

-Memphis attacks Alpha Fang. (Speed 7).
-Alpha Fang takes 8 damage.
-Alpha Fang is felled.

-Cindy casts Ice on Midgar Fang B. (Speed 7, Magic Modifier: 6)
-Midgar Fang B takes 10 damage.
-Midgar Fang B is felled.

-Upon seeing the Alpha Fang felled, Midgar Fang A rolls retreat.
-Successful retreat (14, escaped)

-The party is victorious!

12512722_10156877655455235_8174293305789741667_n.jpg

Chief Engineer said:
Hehehe... well sorry about that guys. Particularly Velkamos, that looks like a nasty bite there. But hey you know what they say? Whatever doesn't kill you just deepens your desire for revenge. I think that's how it goes...

Anyway, you'd best head into Kalm town? What's that? How am I communicating with you? Ah, well that would be the Linkshell I embedded in each of your ears. No matter where you are in time or space you have a hotline to your buddy Cid. Don't worry, you can take it out at will... with some light reconstructive surgery.

Err.... good luck all. Cid, out.

The Village of Kalm

12974397_10156877654710235_5921571747660561530_n.jpg

You arrive in the village of Kalm.

The village of Kalm sits on the shores of the northern sea and at the edge of the wasteland surrounding Midgar and Edge. The small grasslands community sees a fair deal of travelers and merchants – each making their way towards Edge or else out towards the lonely Chocobo Farm. While it still has the simple quaintness of a small village, the recent reconstruction efforts have brought about an economic boon as craftsmen and workers now fill up the inns year-round.

You notice a young boy sitting near the inn with a troubled look on his face. You see a group of workers chatting outside the materia shop in dark tones.

Chief Engineer said:
Brief tutorial time. When you're in a town, your decisions are your own! Want to go shopping? Buy anything you can afford! Want to form alliances with your party members? Go for it! What to chat with the locals? Well that's the best thing to do ultimately. The locals can give you quests - some are important to your main task and others are side diversions.

You can do as much as you like in town at any given time. When you leave town to go perform a quest, travel to a new area, or undertake a story objective, you must wait til the next round.

In short: Do any shopping or chatting you want to in town, but be sure to include an action such as taking on a quest or moving to a new area to end your turn. And yes, you can only accept one quest at a time.

Inn Cost - 25 gil (Fully Restore HP / MP)
Up to four people can share a room.

Materia Store
Fire (1d6; Fire) [4 MP] - 100 gil
Ice (1d6; Ice) [4 MP] - 100 gil
Bolt (1d6+2; Bolt) [5 MP] - 120 gil
Cure (1d6; Healing) [5 MP] - 200 gil
Bio (1d10; Poison) [6 MP] - 250 gil - Bonus Effect: Inflicts Poison.

Weapons Store
Kalm Scythe (1d12+2) [Materia Slots: 1]- 125 gil

Lumber Axe (1d12+6) [Materia Slots: 0]-150 gil
Salvaged Pistol (1d10; Ranged) [Materia Slots: 1]- 90 gil
Clockwork Rifle (1d12+3; Ranged) [Materia Slots: 1]- 200 gil

Tome of Endearment (1d6) [Materia Slots: 2, Magic Modifier: 8]- 180 gil
Hard Edge (1d10+4) [Materia Slots: 2]- 250 gil

Armor Store
Salvaged Shinra Armor (AC: 2) [Materia Slots: 1] - 120 gil
Shinra Beta (AC: 3) [Materia Slots: 2] - 200 gil
Choco Jerkin (AC: 1) [Materia Slots: 1] - 80 gil
Rough Robes (AC: 1) [Materia Slots: 2, Magic Modifier: 2] - 130 gil

Item Shop
Potion (Restore 10 HP) - 50 gil
Ether (Restore 10 MP) - 150 gil
Phoenix Down (Restore KO) - 100 gil
Antidote (Heals poison) - 25 gil

The atmosphere inside the Kalm pub is, as expected, rather boisterous. The smell of liquor stings your nose, to say nothing a few other (and decidedly less pleasant) aromas. You notice a woman in a business suit fretting nervously as she quickly downs an ale. There's an open seat at the bar.

The barkeep, a rough-handed man with a nasty smirk behind his scrappy beard, slides a pint down to you.

Barkeep said:
Welcome to Kalm. Another ruddy adventurer, eh? Well you'll do well to stay clear of the Chocobo Farm. Choco Sally is in a right foul mood over this Chocobo Eater business. And to make matters worse we've got our own problems here in town. Talk to the locals. Trust me, they'll help you if you help them.

Talent Scout said:
Grr... it's so frustrating. So I come all the way here to try and find new talent for the Gold Saucer Races and I find that most of the jockeys are too scared to leave home because of this catastrophe! I've got one jockey who seems like he's willing to help me out. Get this- he's the son of the legendary Joe! Joe Jr. - I guess his father wasn't as good at naming as he was riding - is here in Kalm and he's been skirting with the idea of signing on, but he needs some convincing. Say... don't suppose you want to help do you?

Quest: Race Relations
Reward: 200 Gil, 25 EXP
Max Party Size: 3 People
Objective: Convince Joe Jr, here at the bar in Kalm, to join the Gold Saucer Races.
(If you choose to accept this Quest, you will begin during the next Round)

Worried Boy said:
Oh... my puppy...

They think he's behind the attacks on the chocobos! They took him away and now even though they know it's that Chocobo Eater they won't give him back. It's not his fault he's a Kalm Fang Pup, he's a good boy I promise!

Please can you convince the WRO Guards to let him go back to me? I don't have much, but I can give you the Gil I was saving to try and hire a lawyer.

Quest: A Precious Predator
Reward: 150 Gil, 25 EXP
Max Party Size: Unlimited
Objective:
Convince the WRO Guards here in town to release the wolf pup back to George.
(If you choose to accept this quest, you will begin during the next round)

Overworked Rigger said:
Oh you heard the muttering eh? Yeah we're upset. We've been working on a natural gas pipeline between Kalm and Edge. There's a leyline right beneath us - much safer than Mako energy... er I won't bore you. Suffice to say while we were reconstructing and converting an old way-station to handle the new power cells we were attacked by monsters!

If you want to help us out, gather some of your mates and we'll drive you over to the station. All you gotta do is clear out the monsters. We'll pay handsomely for it.

Quest: If You Rebuild It, They Will Come
Reward: 300 Gil, 50 EXP
Max Party Size: Unlimited
Objective: Clear out the enemy infestation in the power center.
(If you accept this quest, you will begin during the next round).

You approach a farm hand just outside town with a chocobo cart.

Choco Hand said:
You headin' to the farm? I can get you there fast and safe! Just hand over 25 gil and you can ride in back. Mind the smell though...

(If you choose to leave the area you will arrive at Chocobo Farms next round)

Encounters: 1
(If you choose to walk to Chocobo Farms, you will arrive there after clearing the number of Encounters shown).

Players In The Area

Jaiek Lv.1
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 360

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Potion (2)
Phoenix Down (1)

Yakumo Lv. 1
HP: 19 / 23 MP: 23 / 27
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 200

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Ether (1)
Phoenix Down (1)

Memphis Lv. 1
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 80

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Phoenix Down x 1
Ether x 1
Potion x 1

Velkamos Lv. 1
HP: 23 / 28 MP: 22 / 22
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 300

Materia:

Materia:

Items:
Potion (4)
Phoenix Down (1)

Shard Lv. 1
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 350

Materia:

Materia:
1.Cure(1d6)[MP:5]

Items:
Phoenix Down (1)

Nukan Lv.1
HP: 30 / 30 MP: 20 / 20
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 110
STR: 6
INT: 12
DEF: 6

Weapon: Hunter's Bow (1d6+2; Ranged) [1]
Materia:
1. Bolt (1d6+2) [MP: 5]
2. Cure - (1d6; Healing) [MP: 5]

Materia:
1. Fire (1d6) [MP: 4]

Items:
Potions (3)
Ether (1)
Phoenix Down (1)

Valerie Lv. 1
HP: 22 / 22 MP: 28 / 28
EXP: 0 / 100 Gil: 50
INT: 11
DEF: 7

Weapon: Copper Staff(1d6+2)[2]
Magic Modifier: +6
Materia:
1. Bolt(1d6+8)[MP:5]
2. Ice(1d6+6)[MP:4]

Armor: Mage's Robe(AC:2)[2]
Materia:
1. Cure(1d6+6)[MP:5]

Items:
Potion (3)

Cindy Lv. 1
HP: 22 / 22 MP: 24 / 28
EXP: 25 / 100 Gil: 70
Str: 6
Int: 11
Def: 10
Spd: 7
Lck: 6

Weapon: Copper staff (1d6+2) [2]
Magic modifier: 6
Materia:
1. Fire [MP: 4]
2. Ice [MP: 4]

Armour: Mage’s Robe (AC: 2) [2]
Materia:
1. Cure [MP: 5]

Items:
Ether(2)

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
Jaiek took a good long look around Kalm, and at his new acquaintances. Some serious folk, he thought. How he had ended up here, he didn't know, but it was away from what was left of home, there was stuff to do, and his luck seemed to be holding. "Maybe I shouldn't push that too far", he muttered, and headed over to chat to the one with the tail. "Morning! Or afternoon. Whatever. What's your name? I was er, asleep when you got here."

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
"Definitely, a group of able-bodied fighters," Yakumo mused, his eyes scanning across his strange comrades as they began the short walk over to Kalm. "Hopefully this means that we will stand a chance in the trials to come."

Shouldering his bow, Yakumo checked the injury that he had sustained - three deep ridges that had been slashed across his forearm from the creature's claw. It wasn't anything to be too concerned about, though he winced as he gave it a quick clean and a bandage from the small ration of supplies that he carried in his pack, promising himself that he would tend to it properly once they reached the safety of Kalm.

Kalm itself held that eerie note of both the familiar and the new as the group approached - his mind seeking out of the changes quick and fast, as he marvelled at just how much it had grown. His first port of call was the Item Shop where he purchased a single Antidote, noting that he was quickly running low on precious gil and would need to find some way to supplement his income. Surely he could use his skills from patrolling Wutai to become a temporary mercenary for hire?

There was one place where he was guaranteed to uncover where he could be of use. Heading for the Pub, he ordered a Pint, taking a seat at a vacated stall as he listened to the ebb and flow of talk all around him, quickly piecing together a sketchy outline of the town's current problems and issues - including one about the gas pipelines being infested with monsters.

Yakumo approached the riggers. "I happened to overhear your conversation." He outstretched his hand and greeted Benjamin. "I'm Yakumo, and I'll help clear the infestation."

Actions:
* Purchased Antidote
* Purchased Pint
* Accepted Quest - If You Rebuild It, They Will Come

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
As the dust settles, the last surviving wolf turned tail and Nukan finally had a chance to get a good look at the rest of his compatriots. None of them seemed to no each other. Each to establish himself in the group to their most fearsome member Nukan came over to the giant wounded lizard. "Here, I'm Nukan. Please, let me help you with those cuts. Using the Cure Materia, Nukan made the bitemarks as good as disappear.

The party arrived in a small fortified hamlet. Nukan'd call it rural if not for all pipelines. As others were making purchases, Nukan felt his pockets to check if he was indeed, still nearly broke. The Al Bhed knew he only had the cash to make one transaction in this town and resolved to be smart about it. But as he browsed through the Weapons and Item shop's stores, he came across their ballistic weapons.

The clockwork rifle appealed too Nukan greatly, but he didn't come close to affording it. But the salvaged pistol seemed right up his alley as well and came at a not exuberant price. The shopkeeper was paid and the newly minted gunner was off to the pub next.

The smells inside the pub were not none to Nukan's liking but the need to sit down, take a load off and absorb all that's happened to bring him here was far stronger. A third of the way down a pint that was too strong for him, Nukan felt the inclination to strike up conversation with the lady in the business suit.

"Yeah, I'll set that kid straight for you. Hu funneac."

Actions:
* Used Cure at Velkamos
* Purchased Salvaged Gun
* Purchased Pint
* Accepted Quest - Race Relations

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
(caps lock not working, forgive me)

Shard wiped his spear tip on the fallen monster before sheathing it and looking around. If there was one thing he'd learned on Pulse, it was to always scavenge corpses, they could be carrying a surprising amount of useful things.

(tries to loot corpses, up to jason how that works out)

the Nautilus doll had almost caught him with that ice ball, but he'd managed to stay back out of range. The party seemed to have quite a few mages, that would be helpful.

En route to the nearby town, he found a spare moment to hold up his weird glowing orb-some of the others seemed to have them too.
"anyone know what this is?"
maybe he could sell it in town.

Kalm, as the town seemed to be called (thanks to helpful bystander standing at the entrance telling people) was a small but well fortified town, stone walls that had evidently seen off attacks in the past. his first port of call was the weapon store, where he bought an old salvaged pistol -not his favourite weapon, but it was always useful to have something ranged, even if he'd still mainly be using the spear. He also picked up a potion just in case, leaving him with 160 gil, and was about to head for the inn when he was accosted by a sad boy that saw his armour and assumed he was trustworthy for some reason.

all too familiar with soldiers throwing their weight around, he agreed to talk to those wro soldiers. getting to know the local authorities could be useful. The rest of the party were rapidly dispersing, but he would accept any help offered.

actions taken
bought (but not equipped) salvaged pistol
bought potion
accepted quest: a precious predator

glad there's a retreat mechanic.

can we maybe move this thread to 'active projects'? it would be handy to be able to check up on it without logging in.

edit: hope I didn't kill this thread by hiding it.

Last edited:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
After clutching her ears in a brief moment of fear at possibly having to surgically remove a device from them at a later point, Cindy resolves to have words with Cid about his choice of communication devices next time she saw him. Couldn't he have used something else? Just how long were they all unconscious for, anyway?

The strange masked fellow caught her attention with his question and she felt obliged to answer as best she could. "Those orbs appear to be a form of spellstone. Each type is for a different spell, so not all of them do the same thing. Even if you don't plan on using magic much, you should hang on to the ones with spells you might need later, kupo."

They arrived in the town without further trouble and she spared a moment to appreciate the architecture of the place. She made sure to take stock of the local wares and make note of what would be nice to buy when she could afford it. As much as she wanted to save up for equipment, she decided to get an antidote just to be safe, then a quick drink at the pub before heading back into town. Maybe she could find something to sell later.

A worried boy caught her attention, already being approached by one of her new companions. What are the odds, it's the masked one again. If she was going to end up spending so much time with him, they really ought to get properly acquainted. After hearing about the boy's predicament, she figured it wouldn't hurt to pair up to get the pup back, especially if they ended up getting sent after that chocobo eater the boy mentioned. Turning to her companion, she got to the formalities. "I don't think we had the opportunity for introductions earlier, kupo. My name is Cindy. What's yours?"

Actions taken:

Purchased antidote

Punchased pint

Accepted quest - A Precious Predator

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Velkamos shook his arm, the bite marks stinging a bit. Stupid of me to ignore the smaller wolves, he thought, gazing for a moment around the area. They were in a wide expanse, and he could see a large ruined city in the distance, an ominous shape. If there was anything that convinced him he was no longer in Ivalice, it was that city.
Only one of his newfound companions had gotten a few scratches, but the rest seemed unhurt. He felt a small tingle of relief at noticing the moogle in the group. At least one more from Ivalice. None of the others wore familiar clothes, so he assumed they were from other worlds.

A companion came over and introduced himself as Nukan, and then used that glowing orb--magicite?--to heal the bitemarks. "Oh, thank you," Velkamos said, surprised but grateful at the kind gesture. "The name'ss Velkamos." Nukan seemed quite polite.

They all made their way to the town, Kalm. As soon as he walked in the town with his companions, the nearest townsfolk gave him startled looks, instantly becoming alarmed. His sharp ears picked up on their mutters and whispers.
-"A monster?!"
-"...came in with those other people..."
-"...wearing clothes though, can't be a monster..."
-"Let the WRO know, just in case..."

Velkamos's brow furrowed and he made a small sound in his throat, now feeling wary of the townsfolk, himself. Calling me a monster... he grumbled inwardly. Obviously they'd never seen a bangaa before. He tried to seem as nonthreatening as possible, not wanting a band of humes to try and stab him to death. He wondered about the WRO, thinking they must be town guards, when another of the companions came over. It was Jaiek.
"Morning! Or afternoon. Whatever. What's your name? I was er, asleep when you got here."
Velkamos raised his brow and smiled. "Heh, so I noticed. I'm Velkamos," he answered, nodding at the man. "I'm surprised you're so calm about all this transporting to new worlds and whatnot."
He noticed a few of the companions wander off into the town, and saw shops nearby. He also heard the muttered conversation of a group of workers, something about monsters infesting some pipes under the city.

"Think I'll take a glance at the shops and see what's available. Also, seems that the group over there is looking for some help clearing out monsters from pipelines." Just the thought of hunting strange monsters from a new world made Velkamos excited. "I think I''ll help 'em out after I buy some supplies. You can tag along if you'd like," Velkamos said to Jaiek, before doing just what he said. He kind of hoped the hume would tag along; it'd be nice to have a companion, especially one more laid-back.

He bought the Kalm Scythe, liking how the edge was sharper than his spear, and slung them both on his back. Next he bought two antidotes, and went back to the group of workers.
"I hear you have a monster problem," he said in his gruff voice. He tried to ignore their alarmed looks. "I'll help clear out those pipes for you."

Actions taken:
-Bought and equipped Kalm Scythe
-Bought 2 Antidotes
-Accepted Quest - If You Rebuild It, They Will Come

The G'randiest' Daddy

Teh Bunneh of Doom
AKA
Darth
"Hmm, monsters? Sounds fun! I'll... hey, Velkamos, wait up!" Seeing Velkamos had headed off to the shop, Jaiek made to follow him, only to see him return to the group of workers. He headed over to join him.

"Hey, sorry, got lost in thought there, Vel. Mind if I call you Vel? And yeah, I'm up for some monster hunting."

Noticing Yakumo also standing there, he turned to him. "You gonna come with us? Safety in numbers, and all that? Oh uh, sorry, what was your name, again?"

Actions taken:
-Accepted Quest - If You Rebuild It, They Will Come
-Partied up with Velkamos

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
"I hear you have a monster problem," said a gruff voice. "I'll help clear out those pipes for you."

Yakumo glanced up as the strange hulking creature within their party approached the riggers and offered his aid. He certainly was a striking figure - the large scythe slung across his back only punctuating his imposing form - and it was obvious that his very presence was sending ripples throughout Kalm as many simply weren't sure what to make of him. Having grown up in Wutai, Yakumo was aware of the secret shinobi change techniques that the Masters of the Pagoda could employ, but he had to admit, the sight of this otherworldly race was still rather unnerving.

The tension however was immediately dispelled by the arrival of Jaiek. "Hey, sorry, got lost in thought there, Vel. Mind if I call you Vel? And yeah, I'm up for some monster hunting." He suddenly turned to Yakumo. "You gonna come with us? Safety in numbers, and all that? Oh uh, sorry, what was your name, again?"

Yakumo marvelled at the guy. He might not even be aware of what he had just done, but he had instantly stopped anything occurring within the pub as several of the town's workers slowly returned to their seats at seeing the close camaraderie that he displayed towards Velkamos, as they were suddenly unsure if he was indeed a threat.

"I'm Yakumo," he said, before turning to include Velkamos. "I'm originally from this world, though several years have brought vast changes to what I once knew. Where are you both from?"

Top Bottom